Should girls play?

TigersBball42

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let em come out and get crack blocked and line up against guys 200+ lbs and let em get the CRAP beat out of em. Then they will shut up. But until we give in and let one of em play they aint gonna be quiet about it. But wait until one of them lil gurls decides that hey, I wanna be a reciever. She will end up runnin a lil slant pattern and as soon as she touches the ball, a 6'2 240 lb middle linebacker is going to put her fragile 140 lb body in ICU for a couple weeks. Then they will be quiet. So let them learn the hard way.

thumb thumb

there are plenty of wonderful talented women athletes. and im sure most of them could knock the snot out of most guys. you talk about us like we are incapable of anything. i know of plenty of girls playing football, and the ones who do are 1st string and do very well. i am tired of all the sexist crap. you dont hear us asking "should guys cheer?" or "should there be men who play volley ball?" or"should guys play soccar?" anything that has to do with guys wearin short shorts for that matter. no we leave it as it is. if thats what they want to do then fine. <_<

825329064[/snapback]

So your saying if a girl were to line down with someone say 6 foot 4 that weighs 275 muscle it aint gonna make them think twice about going on the feild and they cool with that? I just dont see it happening.......but maybe if their are some local girls that are tough enough to take it and get up..........please holler at me so I can watch............ thumb

Let em come out and get crack blocked and line up against guys 200+ lbs and let em get the CRAP beat out of em. Then they will shut up. But until we give in and let one of em play they aint gonna be quiet about it. But wait until one of them lil gurls decides that hey, I wanna be a reciever. She will end up runnin a lil slant pattern and as soon as she touches the ball, a 6'2 240 lb middle linebacker is going to put her fragile 140 lb body in ICU for a couple weeks. Then they will be quiet. So let them learn the hard way.

825329202[/snapback]

I SECOND THAT thumb

this topic is totally absurd. some chick will get out there and get the ###### knocked outa them and then their parents would sue the state and there'd be all kinds of crap come outa it. girls might be able to play in middle school where hey don't take very hard hits or maybe play PK (for all you ladies readin this thats Place Kicker) on a team where they don't take any hits. but the idea of girls playing every firday night on the field is absolutly stupid. like the old sayin gose: "If it wasn't tough girls would play". enough said about this topic

Edited by D 7-2A Fan

There are some women's football teams in the state (Chattanooga, Nashville, Knoxville & Tri-Cities area) that allow 14-17 year olds to play as J.V. players and allows them to learn the game. There is talk in Chattanooga of a younger league of girls to play football. Real football, not this powderpuff crap. I have heard some coaches compare the game to single A football, (not Boyd, South Pittsburg, but like a Whitwell, Copper Basin.) If girls are exposed to the game than it will grow, but the younger the better. I may be biased on the subject because of my involvement with the Chattanooga Locomotion, but I hope that I have added some info to the subject.

Edited by thorough97

Guest Oakland

825329202[/snapback]

if that aint stereotyping i dont know what it is. not all girls are "fragile". i guarantee you there are girls out there that can take the punishment just as well guys can and can lay it as well. i just think some of these are afraid they might just get labeled a pansy if they get laid out by a girl or showed up. if god intended football to be just for guys it would have been named with a male slant to it but isnt. sadly some coaches dont even give these girls a chance because of thier sex, and that my friend is discrimnation!

oh boy... i know this will sound bad... mainly b/c ive fought for my 15 years of life saying girls can do anything boys can do... but lets face it... yes some girls can take the hits.. and some *may* do well in games... but ITS JUST NOT GONNA HAPPEN... too many girls will get hurt complain and then get the uproar of "he hit me harder because im a girl" by the selective few who think they can do it but actually cant... when i was little i wanted to play for my local little league in florida... but my mom wouldnt let me... i was mad at the time... but now i see "big jon martin" at kingston and joseph bowman last year at rockwood and i see not many if any would have a chance against them... lets face it... football should be left out of the politically correct way of thinkin... let the boys play!!!!!!

Ok, here is the solution. If girls want to play football let them. They wanna get beat up everyday after school let them, they will never see the light of day other than kicker. This is because girls arent as athletic as boys, plain and simple. There was a girl on my middle school team. They let her play on the team, she practiced and all that but she never played. Not cause she was a girl, which is what most girls would say, its just that she wasnt good, she wasnt as fast as us, she wasnt as big as us, she couldnt jump high, athleticly she wasnt up there with us. Even guys who have no athletic ability wont see the field. And girls are "fragile". Yea im sure some girls can take and give hits. Just like there are some 7'6" guys in the world. Majority of girls could nt take it, and there is no lie there. its just how god made our bodies. were not being sexiest its just the way it is.

I think if they really want to play don't treat them as girls... if they get hurt or can't take it they can leave but I don't think there is a definate "Let Girls Play" or "Don't Let Girls Play" answer because there are many girls of different shapes and sizes and some may be bigger and tougher than the football players and some might be too "small" to play.