Marion County @ Sequatchie County

Sequatchie

That sportswriter had a problem with the former coach. He wrote the article without looking at a film and without even calling to get both sides of the story. Tyner is one of Chattanooga's media darlings for some reason, there's about 4 or 5 of them that can do no wrong, maybe it's because they're the only Hamilton County school in the region. Do you think the refs were cheating when penalties called back scores, when the flags were thrown at the start of plays. Without holding on them, the players might not have scored. Since you've brought it up, again, I have to say I've seen Tyner's lack of fundamentals and lack of discipline hurt them for years, even when they won the state, it's just they usually have the athletes to overcome it. That can't be written about by the Free Press though, it has to be the refs, bad luck or just "one of those nights" whenever they lose.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If no official had been suspended after everyone read that one-sided article all sorts of heck would have been raised, especially with a virtually all-black team playings in a nearly all white county. You know what I mean and we don't have to go any further than that. Yes, they didn't have a penalty. Do you know of a play where they should have? How about in the game the year before or in the other game I mentioned? They had 3 penalties for 15 yards last night, silly motion penalties I believe that the refs and everyone saw, do you think the refs were cheating or biased because nothing else was called?

Edited by Indian

well i do apologize for sayin they will go 2-8, but i do think sequatchi is overated BUT i do think they will win alot of games this year cause they are a good team this year, they are improved from last year and if they keep playing well they will have a good season, But Good game last nite To my MARION COUTNY boys, thats how we need to play every week.....good luck to sequatchi for the rest of the season

825336831[/snapback]

At 7th or 8th in the state, they probably were overrated for this time of the season and not having proven a lot yet. That Grundy win looks even better though the way Grundy took care of South Pittsburg.

Good to see you are a true Marion County supporter. Do you know what supporter means Bill? Maybe fan? Its when you happen to lose a game to a superior team you dont have people talking junk about you on a message board. How many of the players you have mentioned both positively and negatively have you personally talked to about their motivation, desire, etc...Or better yet have you talked to the coaching staff about possibly giving a lecture about what exactly it means to wear that purple and white jersey. I do however respect the fact that you appologized to the players mentioned on this board. Have a good day!

If no official had been suspended after everyone read that one-sided article all sorts of heck would have been raised, especially with a virtually all-black team playings in a nearly all white county. You know what I mean and we don't have to go any further than that. Yes, they didn't have a penalty. Do you know of a play where they should have? How about in the game the year before or in the other game I mentioned? They had 3 penalties for 15 yards last night, silly motion penalties I believe that the refs and everyone saw, do you think the refs were cheating or biased because nothing else was called?

825336838[/snapback]

..Apparently you have some serious issues that need addressing...I do not and never will try to play the "race" card in this forum or anywhere else...we have played all over the state of Tennessee(B.G.A., Harriman, Grundy,etc) and the games have never gotten out of hand as this one did...YOU KNOW EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED THAT NIGHT AND THIS IS THE LAST TIME I WILL POST ABOUT THIS PARTICULAR ISSUE ...

...Our Coaching staff as well as our school is diverse and I do not intend to entertain you or anyone else who makes such outrageous steatement...

...The fact remains that it was handled on the TSSAA level as it should have been and I am through with it!!!!!!

Did I say you? And I didn't bring up anything else that went on that night, it's not worth mentioning. As for a diverse team, I usually see 1 or 2 whites in uniform for Tyner, maybe it's different for the school, the last figures I saw for it were about 80-20. I'm sorry if you can't handle the fact their lack of fundamentals and discipline has hurt them in games any time their abilities can't run the other team off the field, especially in the playoffs.

I don't know. I don't ever see their practices or anything. I am not implying anything it being a black team, look at Fulton and Austin East winning big, others too. In the games I've seen them play, not just games against Sequatchie, bad plays, loafing, penalties have helped make their games closer or helped to get them beat.

Did I say you? And I didn't bring up anything else that went on that night, it's not worth mentioning. As for a diverse team, I usually see 1 or 2 whites in uniform for Tyner, maybe it's different for the school, the last figures I saw for it were about 80-20. I'm sorry if you can't handle the fact their lack of fundamentals and discipline has hurt them in games any time their abilities can't run the other team off the field, especially in the playoffs.

825336852[/snapback]

Lack of fundamentals and no discipline, those are some pretty harsh words to say to a team that you haven't beaten since they joined the region in 97'. And I was always very proud to be one of the 1 or 2 white boys in uniform that you speak of, which is why I wear my championship ring that was won by me and the rest of my undisciplined team.

Yes, and that team had about eight seniors sign with colleges, three with Division I-A schools. I thought Hughley could have been the best of the bunch but I think I read he had problems keeping weight, getting dehydrated or something similar that could have made playing dangerous. You out-talented everybody that season, including Lipscomb but even at Tyner it can't happen every year. Most of the games, home or away I've seen Tyner play they have about 100 yards of penalties or more. That is a fact, not an opinion, and it costs teams games. Just calling it way I see it. The thing I remember about the media coverage that year was Seq playing Tyner in the playoffs, Tyner hitting late throughout the game and not called, taunting (new, huh?) and one of Sequatchie's players retaliating with a minute left and the newspaper the next day pointed out Seq's "dirty play" based on that one thing. That's what I meant about "media darlings."