Lawrence County at Loretto

critterdoc

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Score 3, how was that big ole blow out in Loretto tonight. That LCHS team without a d and Franklin Hughes wasn't bad were they. Hey CBarkley, reckon how a team lost to LCHS that had beaten a powerhouse like Harpeth. Some people better check the series record before they are so quick to pick the team on the short end of the stick. Win some games and then we'll call it a rivalry. Until then it's just one team dominating the other. Reminds me of UT-Vandy.

CBarkley,

It appears I know this rivalry a little too well. Off by one on the prediction isn't too bad.

Critter Bites:

It doesn't matter what scheme you run or what trick plays you can contrive, in the end it all gets down to size and LCHS made Loretto look very small.

Loretto was unable to pass protect in key situations and in the end it cost them the game. This was due in large part to the discrepancy in size on the lines.

Both teams benefited from untimely errors and this single thing probably kept Loretto from being embarassed, as LCHS turned the ball over several times when they were on the verge of scoring.

Loretto outscored LCHS 7-0 in the second half. It was looking ugly at half-time as LCHS was up 21-7.

However the single most important factor of the whole night was that Eli was a non-factor. LCHS controlled the inside of the line and that is where Eli does the most damage. If Loretto had a small speed back to bounce it outside then maybe LCHS would have had to spread out to defend that and soften up the middle. They did not so Loretto tried to go up the middle against 8 or 9 men on most run plays which is always extremely difficult.

Dude, you won by 7 points, and for your information, that loss tonight was only the third at home in twelve years. And by the way, there was very little defense for Lawrenceburg tonight. We made some mistakes, and so did yall so shut it!

825336145[/snapback]

Yeah, BUT who won the game? Who has the Van Johnson Cup AGAIN? :D

Thoughts:

Good to see such a crowd at the game, part of me wants to ask why Lawrence County would want to continue this series with nothing to gain except "braggin' rights" and a good take from their portion of the gate, which are, I guess, two pretty good reasons.

Good to see great school spirit from both student bodies, Loretto always has it and Lawrence County's has been getting better for a while now and I hope that it continues to grow throughout the season and beyond.

Thank goodness the horrible calls in the latter part of the game didn't change the final outcome.