Riverdale moves into top 10 nationally

hs sports fan

congrats to the warriors- now time to step up the comp level...national rankings are nice to think about but they don't really mean jack. but everyone will be gunning for riverdale now. it's a tough spot to be in. the best teams handle that kind of pressure with ease. we'll see if the number in the paper goes to their heads or if they play with humility.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many of you guys are saying Riverdale needs to play a better schedule, they don't play the best in the state. Some of you even said Riverdale had a chance to play better teams in the state and turned them down. How do you know they turned them down?? I have lived in Murfreesboro for all my life and read the papers and been to the games. Rankin ever season has a problem getting people to play HIM! Not vice versa. You cannot judge a team for not playing out of state games cause some schools don't have the budget to travel and do it. But to question Riverdale is scared to play the best in the state is just completely wrong. I guarnatee you he would play MBA or Brentwood Academy if he could. Lincoln County has been a team that was always in the title picture untill about five years ago and was in the race last year. Dickson County is no slouch either. These are just two schools who will actually AGREE to play Riverdale every year so they schedule them. Riverdale is not scared to play anyone.

boy you are barking up the wrong tree riverdale has sent several players to the division 1 schools and to your suprise not a lot of them have gone to mtsu although mtsu has had a recent infusion of riverdale talent in ralph king, taron henry and kenyon buford. here are some of them, im sure some of the riverdale folk can add onto it: fernando bryant, alabama( who is now making the big bucks as a starting cb in the nfl) gerald griffin, UT( was the corner that stopped peter warrick dead in his tracks after dwayne(sp?) goodrich went down in the NC game, antron peebles- UT, alvin duke-vandy. i know there are more out there though but i am not a riverdale fan to begin with but like i said i am sure there will be those who will be able to add onto my list

825333315[/snapback]

boy you are barking up the wrong tree...that was like ten years ago...i was talking about DI prospects on their team...so don't get on here running your mouth to me about facts you don't even know about...just stick to your tony poll in the boro

Riverdale doesn't have any legit Division 1A prospects. Riverdale wins cause of their coaching. For how many wins this program has produced over the years, they have not produced the talent to college to match it. Rankin gets his team to perform above their ability. Last year for example in the playoffs. Lincoln County was plain and simple a more talented team than Riverdale. So was Oak Ridge. Yet, Ranking outcoached both with a less talented team. You can talk 1A prospects till the cows come out, but you better add coaching to your argument as well.

Guest Oakland
Riverdale doesn't have any legit Division 1A prospects.  Riverdale wins cause of their coaching.  For how many wins this program has produced over the years, they have not produced the talent to college to match it. Rankin gets his team to perform above their ability.  Last year for example in the playoffs. Lincoln County was plain and simple a more talented team than Riverdale. So was Oak Ridge. Yet, Ranking outcoached both with a less talented team. You can talk 1A prospects till the cows come out, but you better add coaching to your argument as well.

825333328[/snapback]

no legit d-1 prospects? please! dave thomas, chris perkins, rahmel oliver and in 05 you got gaston miller who may not have a career as a tb but will definatly go somewhere. i wont dispute the fact that rankin is a good coach, with as young as riverdale was the last few years not many coaches could have gotten them to the blue cross bowl both times. with that being said, you are kidding yourselves if you think rankin gets his guys to play above their ability, riverdale is LOADED with talent which makes rankin's job a whole lot easier, dont hate, congratulate!

Guest Oakland
If Riverdale is #10 in the nation, then there are at least five other schools in the state that should be ranked in the top twenty.

I will say congratulations on being recognized, but I am not even picking you to make the finals this year. Oak Ridge and D-B are ready and can both beat Riverdale any given Friday night.

825333346[/snapback]

true, also on any given friday riverdale can beat you as badly as they did smyrna too, which by many people was considered a top 10 team at the beginning of the year. there is no team on riverdale's level when they play up to their potential, nobody(man hs sports fan you better appreciate me sticking up for riverdale because it wont happen often)

Oak Ridge may be able to beat Riverdale but not Dobbyns Bennett. The DB team is the Boston Red Sox of TN high school football. They will kill in the regular season until they get to the playoffs and play the Yankees(Riverdale.) Riverdale without a doubt is the best team in TN but TN is not a top 10 football state. In my opinion these are the top 10 football state in the country.

1.Florida

2.California(would easily be #1 if they had a state championship)

3.Texas

4.Ohio

5.Arizona

6.Georgia

7.Oklahoma

8.Pennsylvania

9.Illinois

10.North Carolina

I would probably put TN at about #15.

Edited by ooooo

Oak Ridge may be able to beat Riverdale but not Dobbyns Bennett. The DB team is the Boston Red Sox of TN high school football. They will kill in the regular season until they get to the playoffs and play the Yankees(Riverdale.) Riverdale without a doubt is the best team in TN but TN is not a top 10 football state. In my opinion these are the top 10 football state in the country.

1.Florida

2.California(would easily be #1 if they had a state championship)

3.Texas

4.Ohio

6.Georgia

7.Oklahoma

8.Pennsylvania

9.Illinois

10.North Carolina

I would probably put TN at about #15.

825333367[/snapback]

tennessee is definitely in the bottom 10, and arizona is top 5