Who has the best Marching Band?

THSMGR

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad to see the Clinton band gettin some love. They are definitely a great band. I'm not going to say they're the best and they dominate everyone else, because I've never heard Maryville or D-B, but they are definitely a band to check out. I believe they placed 48th or 49th....at least in the top 50 out of 90 bands at the Grand National Band competition in Indiana. If that number is not right, correct me. I know they did very well for their first national competition. I know a lot of people who went to the games just for the band. And they didn't have family in the band.

Guess Why the DB band isnt going to BOA. It cost Loads of money to travel in EIGHT charter buses anywhere, plus they are goin to play in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade so yeah. and dont question how loud DB is. the "pep" band went to bearden, roughly a third of the DB band, and they were outnumbered by Bearden and were still the louder of the two by far and away. No one has the skill at director DB does. Lafe Cook is the best direct this side of the Mississippi River. His greatnees just doesnt reflect as well as some others, due to the vast amounts of band members. besides the Full Orchestra at DB(only one in state and one of few in the country) out does the band anyday in sound quality.

RTR!

Edited by IndianTackle

You got one thing right. I'd hope the orchestra sounds better than the band. When the band's dynamics are loud, darn loud, and Helen Keller loud, you know they're lacking just a little bit of musicality. And BOA isn't some ragtag little marching contest, so I don't think money would be a real issue. But Macy's is an ok substitue, I guess.

Intermission

Lawrence County's band is small but they are pumping out Beatles music this year. Do you get any better than that? ;)

825334359[/snapback]

[/quot

i think if any band plays Beatles music they should be considered a pretty good band because the Beatles are one of the best bands eva. DB might have as many people as UT's but that doesnt mean they are as good as UT. Anyways to be in UT's band you have to be selected. its not like you can pick band as a class or something