Knoxville AAA basketball 2004-05

clipper

Clinton lost a few good seniors and a starter transfered, but still watch out for the Dragons this year, they could suprise some people this year. Just like they did last.

825382874[/snapback]

Clinton didn't surprise anyone last year. If you have as much tallent as anyone in the state you're supposed to be good. Unfortunately for the Dragons, almost all of that tallent is gone now.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know a lot about central this year, but from what i hear alot of their upperclassmen are not playing this year. If this is true, i think it will be tough to coach a very young team with little leadership, although it can be done. With a young team, they may struggle early in the year from lack of game experience, but by the 2nd half of the season they may grow much better. If coached well he could have them being very competitive in their district toward the 2nd half of the season.

• 2 weeks later...
Karns isnt unbeatable. Clinton beat them by double digits in the District Championship game AT KARNS. Thats a place thats very tough to go in and win let alone win by double digits.

825412072[/snapback]

I agree with those who think that 3AAA will be very competitive. With Borum going to Halls, that will really help them because he's a decent 2 man. They already have a good point guard in Camoran Sharp. Powell will be very big this year with five guys 6'4" or taller. Powell has a talented but young backcourt. I know Clinton has lost a lot, but they are always pretty good. Karns is the team getting talked up a bunch. I really like Fersner. If he plays defense, he could be a Division I player. Oak Ridge I know nothing about, and I'm not hearing much about them. Campbell County is going to have to show me something because they've been pretty bad since around 1994, when they had a heck of a team.

Dont be suprised if Powell sneaks up and wins the regular season. Their inside game is the best in AAA and the deepest. And as i have said before, look for the name BEN WARD, he has had a tremendous off season. Him and smith are a pretty deadly 1-2 punch.

Mocs30

too good to call and want to golf anymore? I gave you a big scare lsat time i guess. :(

cddragonz123 i play for karns and the only reason u beat us is because we diddnt have jody who was puttin up 30 points per game and u all only beat us by 11, KARNS is the best team in knoxville this year so get off of last year

825414679[/snapback]

Seems like Clinton also split with Karns with Fersner playing. Look for Karns to be very good. Who do they have playing the point?

Edited by marcvols