Bucs @ Whitwell

footballrox

Ryan McGowan has nearly 40 tackles already and Marcus Manning already has 4 picks.

825339629[/snapback]

Yeah Whitwell has played Temple. Anyone could have 4 picks against Temple, they throw every play and it's not like you don't know who it's going to. Temple's qb has thrown 12 picks already this season. Most qb's won't throw that in a complete season. If I was Whitwell I'd be more concerned about Marcus Manning's open field tackling ability because he'll probably need some help when Matt Peardon breaks one and he will break a few, rain or shine. Good Luck

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does Boyd have any injuries coming into the game? This and rain were the excuses that they gave when we won in 2001. On any given day anyone can beat anybody.

825344211[/snapback]

I was at that game and not one person on that team make any excuse for getting beat. The rain did help Whitwell use a ground attack to chew up the clock and keep the ball out of Healys hands and every fan from Boyd congratulated the Whitwell players as they were leaving the field. (myself included) Whitwell was the better team that night.

I see you didn't address all the trash talk, and teaching lessons... Thats what I don't like.  Read my post and you will see that. You have a great team and will probably beat Whitwell big... so there is no reason to make the kids you "will teach a lesson" to feel bad about themselves or their team. You are the big kid on the block no need to rub everyones nose in the dirt.

825341149[/snapback]

last year Whitwell was proud of themselves for scoring 27 on Boyd's jv and they let everyone know about it. Wes Green tried to make it sound like it was an actual game in the paper and that the score didn't depict how close the game actually was. Why in this world would Boyd want to hear that garbage again? Enough with sympathy. Maybe it's not teaching your kids the lesson maybe it's teaching your coach a lesson.

I asked a question, you are the one who brought up recruiting. Must be a guilty conscience.

825341433[/snapback]

SCHStribe you are rediculous. You act like Boyd Buchanan football has been a powerhouse for 50 years. A little over 10 years ago Boyd was lucky to have a winning season. Let's not forget who turned the progam around in 96. Quit making excuses.

SCHStribe you are rediculous.  You act like Boyd Buchanan football has been a powerhouse for 50 years.  A little over 10 years ago Boyd was lucky to have a winning season.  Let's not forget who turned the progam around in 96.  Quit making excuses.

825345300[/snapback]

I have noticed that a lot of people on the thread rather than state facts choose to respond with statements like "ridiculous", "childish", "whinny" and "ignorant" it seems to be the quick response when they have no bases in fact.

I haven’t called anyone anything, even though a lot of opportunities have presented themselves.

Good luck to the PLAYERS at Boyd and Whitwell. That’s what is important the PLAYERS.

everyone quit talking about an upset and the wet field affecting boyd in a negative way.  two words to put down the upset idea...matt peardon.  both teams have to play on the same wet field with the same wet ball...so boyd wins in a rout

boyd 54

whitwell 14

825345531[/snapback]

That’s true both teams play on the same field... and the point is mud slows down fast and speeds up slow, the sharp cuts are not as sharp. Mud and wet has always made games closer.