DB VS JEFF CO.

ArtVandalay

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While on the topic of QB's, JC is not going to get away with the one dimensional running game against the athletes at DB. Pewitt's gonna have to step up and be able to throw the ball, period--but i think he's capable.

However, no matter how well my Pats play, I'm afraid it won't be enough, DB is definately one of the top 2 or 3 AAAAA teams in the state. If they show up and play their game, DB will get another W.

Here are my predictions for this weeks game against Jeff County:

1) Ferguson will be hooked up all night to Hayes and Williams(I'm guessin 300 yards between the 2)

2) The O line is going to do nothing but get better as the season goes by so I'll be surprised to see maybe 4 rushed passes all night

3) Dee Peeler has been more of a run-you-into-the-ground type of tail back and i dont think this will change at all, expect him to have high rushing numbers

4) Defense will really step it up, especially after having a tough game last week against OR... DB-24 JC-7 at the half

5) A big W for the tribe DB-34 JC-10

...And thats the way the cookie crumbles....

Edited by Beaster

Post coach K, Jefferson Co has always been able to score and move the ball on DB. The problem has always been not being able to score enough to win,and letting DB score at will. I don`t think this game will be any different. Jeff Co should be able to score and move the ball some,but not enough to win IMO.

The final score

Jeff Co 20

DB 38 :(

I REALLY hope I`m wrong.

Didn`t you say the same thing about the Mo West game?

825338538[/snapback]

I did say the same thing about the MoWest game...Mo West's defense was not what everyone said it was either. I was very suprised how much they lost from last year. JC linemen blew the Mo West D line off the ball time after time. The JC line and Shiverdecker are having a heck of a year so far, but DB is being touted as the best team at the school in some time, and they've had some good ones. I dont think that this DB team is coming in overrated like Mo West. I just dont think that you can beat a team as talented as DB with a one dimensional offense. I'm not talking about throwing the ball 25 times, but we'll have to keep them honest.

Anyone have any info on how Fergeson's recruiting is going?

Who's interested and who is he interested in?

I havent seen him play this year, but from what i've seen in the past and all the talk that i've heard and read, he's gonna have more than a few options on where he's going to continue his career.

825338514[/snapback]

Paper said North Carolina, Marshall, Virginia. I know Florida, Virginia Tech, and Central Florida invited him to camps. He can pass, run, or bull you over!

I did say the same thing about the MoWest game...Mo West's defense was not what everyone said it was either.  I was very suprised how much they lost from last year.  JC linemen blew the Mo West D line off the ball time after time.  The JC line and Shiverdecker are having a heck of a year so far, but DB is being touted as the best team at the school in some time, and they've had some good ones.  I dont think that this DB team is coming in overrated like Mo West.  I just dont think that you can beat a team as talented as DB with a one dimensional offense.  I'm not talking about throwing the ball 25 times, but we'll have to keep them honest.

825338570[/snapback]

I agree we will need to throw the ball more. 10-15 passes is not what Coach U will want to do,but I think we need to. We have some gifted WR's who have not been given the chance to show what they have because of the QB thing.Now that the QB issue is over, we need to our WR more involved. Of course if we`re able to move the ball on the ground like we did against West, we won`t need to throw it. The Patriots get into alot of trouble when he face 3rd and long,we MUST stay out of those situations. If WR Dallas Crouch gets the ball in the open field,he has the speed,and moves(he's a former RB) to take it all the way.We need to use the speed we have on this team,I don`t care how we get him the ball,but we need to.

I agree we will need to throw the ball more. 10-15 passes is not what Coach U will want to do,but I think we need to. We have some gifted WR's who have not been given the chance to show what they have because of the QB thing.Now that the QB issue is over, we need to our WR more involved. Of course if we`re able to move the ball on the ground like we did against West, we won`t need to throw it. The Patriots get into alot of trouble when he face 3rd and long,we MUST stay out of those situations. If WR Dallas Crouch gets the ball in the open field,he has the speed,and moves(he's a former RB) to take it all the way.We need to use the speed we have on this team,I don`t care how we get him the ball,but we need to.

825338608[/snapback]

I agree, need to utilize our people. are there any hurt feelings or lingering effects of the QB situation? I think that Pewitt will do a fine job, and conversely I think that Bowlin needs to be on the field also. He's another one that could help.