Coffee Co @ Cumberland Co

wouldntyoulike2know

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well for Coffee Co, other than the Warren Co game, this is the only other region game they have a chance to win. And if they have any hope for the playoffs, they better.

From what i understand Cumberland slings it around the yard a lil. If they are any good at it they can put up alot of points against a weak Coffee Co. defense.

It should eb fun. It could be alot of points.

I just hope the Coffe Co. people have wisened up and don't come on here and predict a 40 point victory again.

Edited by festor

Tough game to call. Neither team is having a very good year. Cumberland Co has played fairly well against Franklin Co and LaVergne. Coffee Co is coming off a tough loss at Tullahoma. The loser of this game will probably not make the playoffs. Coach Price has to find a way to regroup his team and regain their confidence. Cumberland Co's King is a very good qb. Cumberland Co will be able to run the ball on the Red Raiders. The team that limits their turnovers wins.

Tough game to call. Neither team is having a very good year. Cumberland Co has played fairly well against Franklin Co and LaVergne. Coffee Co is coming off a tough loss at Tullahoma. The loser of this game will probably not make the playoffs. Coach Price has to find a way to regroup his team and regain their confidence. Cumberland Co's King is a very good qb. Cumberland Co will be able to run the ball on the Red Raiders. The team that limits their turnovers wins.

825336922[/snapback]

I agree 100%!!!! If Cumberland doesnt commit stupid turnovers...they beat Lavergne by 3 TD's!!! It's so frustrating to even watch!! :D

Well I too think it will be a good game.Coffee lost to close games and so has Crossville.

I saw Coffee when they came to town last week @ cookeville Nunley's a good runner.

I drove To Lavernge And watched Cumberland County stink it up.

I couldn't believe that 30 players are all they have.Whats happening up in Crossville

I have to say that coaching must not be the problem cause they have been in every game.

#23 and #28 run hard They have one real good tackle but ol is terrible.qb #14 I wasn't real

impressed.at times he looks good but panics under pressure.Their best def. player wasn't on the field all night ,Whats up with that,I think his no.11 But good luck to both see Cumberland Co

down in Cookeville in a few weeks

Well I too think it will be a good game.Coffee lost to close games and so has Crossville.

I saw Coffee when they came to town last week @ cookeville Nunley's a good runner.

I drove To Lavernge And watched Cumberland County stink it up.

I couldn't believe that 30 players are all they have.Whats happening up in Crossville

I have to say that coaching must not be the problem cause they have been in every game.

#23 and #28 run hard They have one real good tackle but ol is terrible.qb #14 I wasn't real

impressed.at times he looks good  but panics under pressure.Their best def. player wasn't on the field all night ,Whats up with that,I think his no.11 But good luck to both see Cumberland Co

down in Cookeville in a few weeks

825337245[/snapback]

Well stink it up is putting it lightly!! they should have easily beat Lavergne by multiple TD's! The Jets should be at least 3-1 if not 4-0...but they are just to streaky...they'll play for 2 quarters and then sleep the other 2! as for dressin 30 players...the school has over 2000 students and has plenty of talent walking around the school...guys play all the way through county league and most play freshman ball but then the #'s start to thin out! If Cumberland will play 4 quarters they will be tough to handle for anybody...but thats like predicting the weather...lord knows whats gonna happen!!!

I think you're gonna see a game in Crossville like the Coffee County-Tullahoma game this past week where both teams are going to play like their backs are against the wall. The loser of this game will have a heck of a time trying to make the playoffs. It might as well be an elimination game - and those (I think) are the hardest to predict.

Cumberland County may be called the Jets, but they aren't as well known for their air attack offense as much as they are known for pounding it on the ground. Coffee County struggled against this team last year at home.

Cumberland County looked impressive against a team that destroyed Tullahoma 25-0. They did well against Franklin County because of the run. Coffee County let one player on Tullahoma's entire team beat them--the Mitchell kid. There was no other real athletes on Tullahom's team. And that's what's really bad.

Coffee County also let one player from Cookeville beat them--Gus Paxton.

Guess what? Those two players did nothing but run it and run it and run it. If Coffee County's extremely weak defensive front couldn't even stop one player from both of those two teams, how can Coffee be expected to face the best rushing offense in Region 3-5A next weekend on the road and come out on top?

Expect the Jets to pound it on the ground. They'll hang over 40 on Coffee County and Coffee County will be lucky to even keep this close.

Cumberland County 52

Coffee County 20

Coffee County let one player on Tullahoma's entire team beat them--the Mitchell kid. There was no other real athletes on Tullahom's team. And that's what's really bad

I don't think one player beats anybody. There were lineman knocking the defense off the LOS. There were receivers down field blocking. And the Tullahoma QB hurt CC as much as Mitchell.

The Cookeville and Tullahoma games are behind CC. They lost, move on. It's time to regroup, get better and try to win a big region game this coming Friday.

I did not follow the lineup of CC that close but I read somewhere that they two plattoon. Maybe they need to re-evaluate and put there better athletes on defense and sub more on offense. I'm sure Price will figure it out and find an answer. But he needs to do it soon.

I think you're gonna see a game in Crossville like the Coffee County-Tullahoma game this past week where both teams are going to play like their backs are against the wall.  The loser of this game will have a heck of a time trying to make the playoffs.  It might as well be an elimination game - and those (I think) are the hardest to predict.

825337584[/snapback]

I totally agree!! I think that this is a must win for the Jets and the Raiders...lets face it...niether team is playing very well at all...i think at least 1 team gets it together and makes a play-off run...but i preach once again TURNOVER ARE KEY!!! The team that dont put it on the ground wins!!!