Blackman vs Smyrna

shady04

Guest region4fan

Shady, don't get me wrong...I would love to see you guys take down Smyrna. It would be a great thing in the region standings. If you have as many injuries as you say....it looks a little more bleak. How did Locke do at QB after Cave was hurt?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw absolutely nothing wrong with the Smyrna defense last night. Granted we gained more yardage than them but they played well enough to beat Gallatin. The big advantage comes in the form of Orona and Johnson. Orona is very difficult to tackle and Johnson gets more after he has been hit than most backs that I have seen. One thing for sure, Johnson is at full speed when he hits the holes.

I think that Smyrna takes this one. And I don't think they beat Gallatin the next week either. Sorry Blaze...just my opinion.

Alright guys, all of you that are saying Blackman is going to go down to Smyrna and actually make it competitive are extremely mistaken. I saw Blackman's first two games of the year, and I will admit that after the LC game I was some what impressed. But I dont think I have ever seen a Blackman team play as poorly as they did last Friday against Siegel. And I know thats going to rub some of you Siegel people the wrong way, but in all honesty Blackman should of won by atleast two touchdowns. Now I know Blackman fought their hearts out and came back at the end and finally pulled it out, but that game had no business being that close. Siegel was the more focused team, they executed better, and they were better prepared. Now I wasnt able to see this Friday's game, but I have gotten enough info from people who were there that I can get a pretty good mental image on how things went. This program doesnt make any since??? A team that in its first two years went to the playoffs('02/'03) and both teams had Riverdale on the ropes in the playoffs, and if they could of gotten by RHS had a lagit shot at the Blue Cross Bowl. A 5-A program that had that much success in its first two years of existence should have more than 39 players on the team. There were 65 freshman on last years freshman team, where did all those kids go???? This program in its first two years took two giant steps forward, and built a very strong foundation for a program unlike anywhere else in the state. But in the past two years this program has take 2 giant steps backwards. Now, Im not going to be one of these former players that gets on the internet and bashes his former coaches. I can honestly say I respect every coach over there. I am still very good friends with one of the coaches over there and talk to him on just about a weekly basis. As for Coach Alsup, I have never enjoyed playing for any other man more than I did in my two years under Coach Alsup. But as one of the many players that worked my tail off to built a foundation for this program I do feel like it is my right to ask these questons!

you know region, i dont know if its because i graduated but Blackman's crowd, students and band doesnt seem to be as loud this year as in years past. i know the band lost alot of students to graduation so the fact that they arent as loud isnt their fault. but i usually sit next to the student section and they dont cheer at all, i mean sure they had a few loud pops at the Siegel game but i was dissapointed. if they are like that at the Riverdale game i will have to come out of retirement to lead the student section. watch out!!!

825337221[/snapback]

First of all, even though many people graduated from Blackman's band doesn't mean it's not loud. They actually fill up a whole entire section on the home side. They are much bigger than they've ever been. For some reason (and they may have been told to do so), they've just toned it down this year. They don't play constantly. It's kind of disappointing for Blackman fans. The student section is pathetic, I will say. I sit in it every single week & it turns out being about 20 Seniors and that's it. The sad part is that there are about 50 or more students that sit at the other end of the bleachers and don't stand, don't cheer, nothing. If we could get the cheerleaders to stand in front of the student section & that whole group of students to sit with us, we might be a little louder. It's hard to be loud if only .5% of your school decides to sit where they should.

Smyrnas defense didn't exactly give up all tose yards and points to a couple of poor offensive programs. H,ville has continued to score points and as for Riverdale heres a slight history course

Scrimmage Mo West a strong 4a team I saw it posted they won like 90 to 0

Scrimmage MBA 55 points

CPA in what they calleda bad performance 48 pts

Lincoln County 48 pts (34 in first qtr)

Did Smynas defense struggle----- yes but the compettion had a little something to do with it. My bet is Riverdale will put up 75 on someone this yr and H,ville will once again go deep in the playoffs.

Smyrna has changed everything on their defense since the 1st 3 games both scheme wise and personnell wise they look like the old gambling blitzing defemses of old. They now come after you with speed and quickness.

On offense Orona is really starting to click especially out of the shotgun. When we go 4 wide and send everybody long it has to be difficult for defenses to contain.

Johnson for the 1st game is 100% healthy (shoulder) and last week ran harder than he has all yr)

Wells will not know anything we are doing it is very easy to change signals and use dummies when calling plays etc. We have also changed all our cks at the line on offense so anything he offers will be mis information.

Wells leaving 3 days before the season really hurt us short term and if that was his intent it worked. We have now adjusted moved on and I predict a highly motivated Smyrna team will hit the field Friday.

The reason Blackmans band is less annoying is becase I noticed last yr when you are beating them I actually enjoy their songs.

Blackman good skills positions

Smyrna better overall team with more balance.

Ther ya go region my early summary