Jumping the Gun

blue14devils

I know that hindsight is 20/20, but what about the games that were moved to avoid the severe weather. What is your take on this and what are some of the thoughts of teams that were forced to play a day early. Who makes the call when games are rescheduled, I was just wondering what the rules are concerning this matter. Do you think some schools wish they had played on the scheduled night after tonights weather conditions? :( Just wondering and good luck to all teams on Friday night. I hear the weather will be alot better than tonight.

Edited by blue14devils

I know that hindsight is 20/20, but what about the games that were moved to avoid the severe weather. What is your take on this and what are some of the thoughts of teams that were forced to play a day early. Who makes the call when games are rescheduled, I was just wondering what the rules are concerning this matter. Do you think some schools wish they had played on the scheduled night after tonights weather conditions?  :( Just wondering and good luck to all teams on Friday night. I hear the weather will be alot better than tonight.

825344574[/snapback]

honestly man i think they did a great job rescheduling the games... its already rained about 4 inches up over here in knox. There is no way we couldve played tommorow

Guest region4fan

Kind of like when a coach cancels a game when the opposition is already there and has warmed up and soaked to the bone.Just rain, no lightning! The home team heads for home to get warm and dry.......... then sends the assist. principal to tell( not ask) the visitors' team and coach that the game is rescheduled for the next night. Sound familiar, blue14devil??????

Kind of like when a coach cancels a game when the opposition is already there and has warmed up and soaked to the bone.Just rain, no lightning! The home team heads for home to get warm and dry.......... then sends the assist. principal to tell( not ask) the visitors' team and coach that the game is rescheduled for the next night. Sound familiar, blue14devil??????

825344674[/snapback]

Sounds like something a bluedevil coach did over a decade ago.... Waited until the visitors got off the bus in Lebanon...

Guest region4fan

I guess that is a part of the job description there, huh beethoven??It was only 2 yrs ago that they did it to us.

At least Lebanon KNEW that Riverdale moved the game to Thursday.............. a day BEFORE the game!! Maybe they should extend the same courtesy to others in the future?? You know the saying about "what goes around............."

Edited by region4fan

I guess that is a part of the job description there, huh beethoven??It was only 2 yrs ago that they did it to us.

At least Lebanon KNEW that Riverdale moved the game to Thursday.............. a day BEFORE the game!! Maybe they should extend the same courtesy to others in the future?? You know the saying about "what goes around............."

825344742[/snapback]

What about in 1988, when Lebanon went down to Lincoln Co. and the game was cancelled the day of the game. Lebanon had to drive 3 hours back home, then go back the next day. Or when lebanon told Oakland that the game would be played on Saturday in 2002 and Oakland had a good record. I think the Blue Devils spanked that tale. Quit hating on the Blue Devils cause your patriots can't beat them.

All I know is that instead of teams playing on Friday night in perfect conditions (at least around east Tennessee), a lot of teams were playing in the middle of downpour. And I was sitting in the endzone (where Wilhoit made the field goal) at Neyland in what was supposed to be like the 2002 game on Saturday. But I know the decision makers were being cautious and making sure that everybody (players and FANS) were safe in their travels. Good job.

All I know is that instead of teams playing on Friday night in perfect conditions (at least around east Tennessee), a lot of teams were playing in the middle of downpour.  And I was sitting in the endzone (where Wilhoit made the field goal) at Neyland in what was supposed to be like the 2002 game on Saturday.  But I know the decision makers were being cautious and making sure that everybody (players and FANS) were safe in their travels.  Good job.

825352616[/snapback]

i went to the powell halls game on thursday, friday i watched the best show in town(central). if you are not on the band wagon yet, there is still time. how about zach winning player of the state in 4a this week. The weather was perfect friday. Thats why the boss gets paid the big bucks.

p.s HTV rain or no rain huber and smith left a very athletic team, powell nor halls is. :unsure: