ELIZABETHTON AT GREENEVILLE

A DOGMAN

None of the names you mentioned are line=men. D Nave, mlb C Peters oslb/strong safety (whatever they call him) J Berkley free safety No one has run 360 yards on them. G'ville had 240 and TN. High had around 220. That has been the two best running teams on them. Betsy did change up their line for the G'ville game but no one seems to know why???

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An ugly win is still a win.  It seems to me that most of you have not seen a schedule from East.  The 5 games they have won are against teams that have 5 combined wins.  They might as well schedule Ivy Hall.  It will be a good game.  As I watched the game last night I saw the D line come alive with youth.  When 73(jr), 47(so), and 31(sr but 2nd year) play tackles were being made.  In the 4-3 defense the only job of the tackle and nose is to get doubled, they finally did that last night.  Good luck Cyclones, the real fans will stay with you, parents of kids that are not producing and not playing will not.

825355328[/snapback]

22 You evidently did not see the game I saw tackles were being made 8, 10 15, 20 yards down the field. There were not double teams being taken. Both tackles were single blocked 60% of the time. Some of them were consistantly driven 5 to 10 yards off the ball. This had not happened before last nite. #31 did make two good plays won on the fumble on our 3, and another on 1st down at mid-field for a 3 yard loss he was blocked into the runner on a cut back. The D line had youth before, same age kids as you just stated. You are correct about there job and that is what was not happening, if you have game film watch it . If you have binoculars, watch the line play. All these young men played had and gave what they had, what I said is the problem was on O not D so why fix what was working. These guys held T.H. to 204 south to 98 and Valley to 14 and Greeneville is not in the same league as T.H. and South stopped there rushing attack, but could not stop there passing game. AGAIN THE O IS THE PROBLEM. IT DOES NOT MATTER TO ME WHO IS PLAYING. WHAT MATTERS IS THE JOB GETTING DONE. AND IF MY SON WAS PLAYING AND HE WAS NOT GETTING HIS JOB DONE I WOULD BE THE FIRST ONE TO TELL HIM AND TELL THE COACHES TO REPLACE HIM. I AM NOT YOUR TYPICAL PARENT WHEN IT COMES TO THOSE KINDS OF MATTERS.

Sorry to hurt your feelings Coachh17, but there are problems and this board is a good place to discuss them. I'd rather vent here than to the coach. I do respect Pless as I am sure Dream does. I would say that we both have a very good gripe, but we'll leave it here. Thanks for your suggestion anyway :P

Coachh should we not beable to share our sarcasm and our gripes. Eddie Pless is a fine man and a good coach, but he aint perfect. As G says it is easy to coach from the stands and coaches seem to see what they want to see as much or more than parents and fans do; as long as they make the decision its great. I will guarantee you if the Devils would not have dropped the ball on our 3 last week the D line would have become an issue.

And I dont know what the backfield has to do: especially one position has to do to become an issue. I dont believe Coach Mckinney is calling the shots on the starting positions and I dont believe, the D-line coach is calling any shots. I was just confused why changes were made when the last two opponents were held to a total of 112 yards rushing.

And we have only scored 36 offensive points in 5 games now. Actually through 4 games Betsy was giving up about 130 rushing a game that was down from 230 last year. On friday we gave up 250 after changes. The O had 8 points friday and had 26 through the first 4 games very close to average. Which one seems like a more pressing issue to you as a coach or a fan or a player.

A long time ago I had a coach tell me that if you win your great. If you win a game like Greeneville your real great. It doesnt matter that you played bad or made bad decisions you dont feel a need to address them because you won. He also said that will be your down fall.

I'll not debate the fact that you guys have a right to debate these issues in this forum. Secondly, you make some valid points. I am friends with most of the Cyclone coaches and support them, believing that they will make the right decisions when the time comes. Clearly this team has some weaknesses, but I still think they are improving and have a good shot at making the playoffs. This is a bit of a rebuilding project, and with a talented group of sophomores, the future should be a bright one. I trust that Coach Pless will develop this team according to plan, and the decisions he makes will be for the right reasons. We may have to be patient, until Coach Pless has time to make this team and program his. Finally, I think the players and parents read these post. The constant second guessing and criticism can't be good for team unity and morale. Not to offend, just one man's opinion.

Coachh I as a fan and supporter. Are wondering why changes are made that seem to hurt the team instead of help it. I know coaches have there reasons. I am sure they wanted faster kids playing D-line the two they moved in are faster than the two they moved out.

What I dont understand why you were even looking at this when the D had played the way they have, and are not makeing any changes on O when the O has played the way it has. I to know some of the coaches at ehs, and they are some real good guys there.

Me and alot of people just dont understand. Ask #44 and #56 who they would rather have infront of them to do there jobs best. I also believe we tried that faster thing the last few years under the old DC. and it didnt work to well, and it didnt work well friday.

Not knowing the linemen involved, the only thing I can think of is that if some of those interior linemen taken off the defensive front were starting both ways, the move may have been made to give them more stamina for their offensive assignments. I'm just speculating here, but like you I felt the defensive line had played well in most games. The offensive front has not been as strong, but they are relatively young and improving. Honestly though, I don't really know.

No need to debate that this a forum for opinions and everyone has the right to post their thoughts. I have the utmost respect for Pless and most of his assistants, but not all. I think the point is, a lot of people feel the need for change and have for a couple of weeks. I still don't understand "fixing" the defense and not addressing the offense, but I, as a fan, deserve no answers to these questions? I don't think the Cyclones will survive with defense alone and that has been the case for most of the season. I'm sure it is h_ll being a ball coach, but some decisions are tough. It takes a tough coach to make tough decisions at the "right" time. After a 6-5 team last year, I really don't call this a rebuilding season. For the amount of seniors that were on the team last year, there were very few contributors from the group. Yes, there are only 10 or so seniors and only 11 or 12 juniors, so is next year a rebuilding year also? Right now they have athletes to get the job done and a line that is being effective, so there is no better time than the present to expect more from your players. There are 23 or so sophmores and at least 7-8 could step in today and get the job done. There are a select few that would better the elder classmen, given the chance. I think the point is, let your best play and rest them with others that are available and to the man in the both calling in the "O" plays, you must do better. As for the fans and players reading CoachT, that is their choice. They are not in kindergarden. I think the unity on the team is sky high, but 90% know a change is due. Like I said in a previous post, "I would love to have this offense" (loaded with athletes). Another line I once posted, "It is easy to coach from the stands" (this is where the criticism comes in). If you think we are bad, read the thread about WM. Blount's program. We are pussycats, but please, don't take "T" from us, because then we may make fools of ourselves in public. :P Again, sorry to hurt your feelings. :unsure: Only this man's thoughts. By the way, if I were a coach, this would be the last place I'd spend time. thumb

I know both young men who were replaced, I also know both who took there place. 3 of the four are pretty hard workers. 1 is a good athlete. The coachs have only told the guys replaced they were pleased with there play and had said there were doing a very good job. Then the change was made and neither young man, had anything said to them. Nothing at all. THis will hurt a young man who is working hard and trying to do things the right way by working out very hard during the off season. Playing hurt, playing on mondays and fridays which the kids love. This causes kids to not trust in there coachs to wonder about there loyality to them to wonder about there character. all the things that the coaches are trying to teach.

This team has a whole lot of unity. #8 has more gripes than anyone and he is very supportive of his team and teammates. I believe the other 2 kids are also. They have no hard feelings against the kids that took there playing time. They still feel they can do

a better job and will be ready when needed. Coaches make decisions like the rest of us good ones and bad ones. People get hurt, so this is about winning and loosing. That is the reason changes were made something had to be done we were 1-3.

We are not in the 50s 60s or 70s when coach said do was enough. It should still be that way but kids are different than we were back in the day. Parents are so much different than back then.

I ONLY WISH THE CLONES THE BEST I LOVE THE PROGRAM THE SCHOOL THE TOWN.

But dont tell me if we say anything negative or disagree with whats done we are hurting things. I will not sing praises when I dont agree, as I said if it was my kid playing I would be the first one to say If he was doing a bad job. I would tell the coaches to get him out. If the job is not getting done fix it even if its your own. But dont fix what aint broken, and leave the broke stuff broke.