Tennesee High

h-unit

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck to TN High, but all roads to the borro will again have to go through Maryville. Some teams in the NEast have had some good runs but getting past Maryville these days is not an easy task.

I did not think Mwest would get past Maryville last year but as luck would have it, Maryville didn’t show up. Everyone saw what happened last week. 38-Zip vs. the probable 2-4A region champ.

It is never too early to speculate on play-offs if one considers the teams you’re talking about. We in Maryville expect Knox Central to be in the way because of quality of that program. Central is a tough region foe. I also think overall 4A in the east is weaker this year than in the past. Powell and Halls are off, Sull. East & Cent are down and Elizabethton seems to be is disarray. Who else out there can slow TN High from their area? No one. Maryville and Central would beat TN High like a dusty rug this year.

You are right that the schedules for the upper east tennessee teams are the main problems for teams like TN High who would possibly have a chance to go far in the playoffs, but when and if you make it that far you've done something right to get their and anything can happen on any given friday night. You just never know. I've been apart of a team that faced the same problem in 1993 when Sullivan South faced Cleveland in the Semis. It was 7-0 Cleveland at the half and THS has more talent than that Sullivan South squad did. ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE but it is a long way off until that point. Tennessee High still has several games to play and they better take care of all the other opponents before they think about the possible Maryville game.

I have to agree with many others that have posted on this thread.

1. TN High is a very talented team this year.

2. They don't really have a strong schedule.

3. It is too early to be making late season predictions

4. The Vikings are taking it one week at a time.

The schedule matter can't be helped. They only have 3 games that are non-region. Those include Cherokee, Science Hill (5A), and VA High. The VA High game will never be changed since it is a cross town Bristol rivalry. As far as the other two open weeks, you have to schedule whoever you can. I am sure that getting teams to play in their open weeks is not an easy task. Most teams are probably looking for an easy win.

I do think that TN High will be in the playoffs. They should be the #1 team in region 1, but I am sure that Johnson Co and Sullivan East will try to change that. It is hard to say at this point since the majority of region games are coming up.

All I can say is that the Vikings are only worried about the VA High Bearcats right now. NO, it doesn't have any TN State playoff ramifications, but there are in-town bragging rights over it.

Good luck to all, and I hope to see everyone in the playoffs.

• 2 weeks later...

can tn high be beaten? the answer is really simple " no " they cannot because the team is just to good. The o-line is is unmovable and the d-line is fierce. With Whitten and Morton playin def. end i highly doubt that any team well score more then 2 touch downs, plus they have one if not the best running game around. Not seeing any team beating tn high in the near future.