Tennesee High

h-unit

Two long runs by a talented back and some unfortunate miscues by Morristown West were capitalized upon by Tennessee High.  Morristown West dominated the first quarter.  The score at halftime should have been even at 7-7.

I realize that Tennessee High went undefeated this season and that says a lot.  No disrespect - but I was not impressed.  If Tennessee High has the opportunity to face Maryville, the Red Rebels will win that contest hands down.  GQ has a mighty fine ball club and I look for them to make it to the big dance.

As a faithful Morristown West fan, I salute the coaches and players for their effort tonight and look forward to seeing them again next fall.

825419725[/snapback]

:ph34r: Your team played a heck of a game last night and I can’t take that away from them. But let’s not loose track of the facts.

THS completely dominated their conference with an average of about a 44 point spread throughout the regular season and won the Mountain Lakes conference title. MoWest finished fourth in a conference that had the Broom brought out on them Friday night by the Mountain Lake conference teams.

So before you jump on the Maryville bandwagon with both feet let me say this. MoWest lost to a good team that had a bad night. Even great teams have bad performances … I’m just glad we got ours out of the way early in the playoffs and I hope it doesn’t repeat itself! I say this not to take away from the great game your team gave us, but to let you know that last night was not a good example of what THS brings to the table. Believe me I know that if THS plays Maryville (or any of the other teams left in the playoff brackets) at the level they did last night… the outcome will be much different.

Good game DIPPY! I hope to see you same time next year.

thumb

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How far can Tennessee High go?  Until the bus runs out of gas.

825418642[/snapback]

No the bus will run out of gas when it gets to Maryville!

Congratz TN HI on a big win over MoreWest, I had thought they would have given you a game. 17-6 wow you really put them away! Yea, I know "You Had and off game'! We did too. Good luck in the next round.

Good sportsmanship showing MoWest props shelley. thumb Maryville fans have ben pulling for them ever since we put that shlacking on them early on. They've battled back and have made my words come true: if they work hard, they'll improve and be a better team.

Now, do me a favor. Teach dikdaddy some of your skills. :ph34r: thumb

I wish for you guys that you didn't have to play in that region. It's not fair to be surrounded by lesser teams completely. You all should really really lobby the coaches to schedule teams like DB, MoWest, someone from Region 3, maybe an Oak ridge or Ooltewah.

You get 2 or 3 games where you can schedule anyone...make em count!!

Good sportsmanship showing MoWest props shelley. thumb  Maryville fans have ben pulling for them ever since we put that shlacking on them early on.  They've battled back and have made my words come true: if they work hard, they'll improve and be a better team.

Now, do me a favor.  Teach dikdaddy some of your skills. <_<  thumb

I wish for you guys that you didn't have to play in that region.  It's not fair to be surrounded by lesser teams completely.  You all should really really lobby the coaches to schedule teams like DB, MoWest, someone from Region 3, maybe an Oak ridge or Ooltewah

You get 2 or 3 games where you can schedule anyone...make em count!!

825419903[/snapback]

Ok, here I am, take your shots... I deserve them. Shelley is right, if Tenn. High comes out and plays Maryville the same way they played MoWest, then they will most likely lose. But I seriously doubt they will play like that again, they had a letdown, there was no fire, they had stupid penalties... it just wasn't pretty, but it was one thing: a WIN.

So maybe all you Maryville fans are right in the respect that they come out every game ready to play with the same emotion, it shows in their outcome. That is something we are going to have to change from here on out if we want to continue to play. There is no doubt in my mind that we have the athletes to beat any team that we face, but the question is what team is going to show up on friday? This type of letdown will not happen again, or we could be talking like the Maryville fans of last year when they had a letdown to MoWest... it happens guys.

Good luck to both teams, and to Maryville fans: just make sure you get there too, so we can settle this on the field!

If this TN High team is as good as the 98 Elizabethon team then all the East Tennessee teams will have a hard time beating them.

How bout it Viking fans. How does this years TN High team compare to that 98 Elizabethon team? That Elizabethon team was one of the finest teams I ever seen a Maryville team beat. They were by far the best team Maryville played in 98.