Tennesee High

h-unit

Wouldn't it be cool if we could all just get along. Hey, and maybe we could get some useful information (from a fan's percpective) about each others teams. As a Viking alum, it gets pretty old having all the THS relative threads hijacked by Maryville trash talkers. Especially when 99.9% of 'em dont know a thing about our team. I'm sure that at least 99.9% of the Viking fans, including me, dont know anything about the Rebels. There are all these comparisons about strength of schedule, school football history, yada, yada, yada. We are talking about High School Football, 14 to 18 year old kids. The only thing that can be compared is the coaching staffs. That's pretty much the only constant. Last years team was "rebuilding" or last years team graduated 12 seniors. Last years team is at most similar to this years team regardless if you #1 Maryville (AP) or #60 something Volunteer. Hopefully we can settle it on the field, if we make it that far. And if Tennessee High happens to be the better team that night, I sure hope that the Maryville peeps can step up show a little respect to our team. My money says they wont. :justwrestle:

Now, let the trash talking resume. thumb

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D I just want to set the record straight. It’s obvious that Maryville and THS have teams, players, and coaching staffs that they can be proud of… neither have a problem letting each other know. ;) As a Viking alumni and fan I can honestly say that I don’t really know how good the RedRebs are this year but from the sound of it (and the scores and stats that they have posted) they are up to their usual championship standard.

I have to agree with those of you who say that the 2004 Vikings haven’t proven themselves although they have played the hand that was dealt to them very well.. The only thing close to a big game has been a win 49-14 against a 5A team in Science Hill. The Hilltoppers started the second half of the game against 5A super power DB (AP’s #1 ranked 5A team) leading by 10 points but lost the game 13-34. And a game against (at the time) the AP’s 7th ranked 4A team in Sullivan East in which the Rebels were dismantled 54-0. The Rebels averaged almost 400 all-purpose yards per game but were held to only 84 in the game against THS (-11 rushing and 59 passing w/4 interceptions). In this game three THS RBs rushed for 87 yd or more. The first team D has allowed only 2 touchdowns and 1 field goal through 10 regular season games and the starters on both sides of the ball have rarely seen any action in the 4th quarter on any given Friday night. This area hasn’t seen this caliber of a team sense the THS National Championship team of 1972 and we are very excited about our chances this year. The “Morristown West Mountain” has spoiled our chances to see what the other side of the state has to offer for the past several years. That mountain is more like a molehill compared to what THS has to offer this year (No disrespect to Morristown West but they are not up to par this year).

THIS TEAM IS FOR REAL and as a fan I’m exited about the chance to play a team with the great history and tradition that Maryville obviously represents. I look at this potential game as a platform to finally put our team and North East TN football on the map as being a real contender in TN high school football… PROVE OURSELVES!! Of course this depends on the outcome of the game. I enjoy the trash talking and to me it is good clean fun (as long as we continue to respect one another). It also shows how proud we all are of the boys and the coaches that represent our schools!!! Good luck to all…. And get ready for the Viking show playing in a town near you!!!!!!

Nice post 1tshelley! ;)

I hope both teams stay focused and this game does come off. Oh, what a great night of football it will be and one thing for sure is that no matter who would win the game, East Tennessee would be represented well in the "Boro".

And to Semi quote you!

Get ready for the Rebel show playing in a town near you!!!!!!

I LOVE THIS GAME!

Guest Rebelnation

Do I detect a bit of pre-pubesant angst coming from up North? Kind of a "no one will respect me, so I'm gonna trash my room" anger?

A side note: we do not have to psych ourselves up into believing anything. We wake up, go throughout our day and go to bed KNOWING we're champions. SEVEN time champions thus far (in the modern era).

Also, the words sick and tired are generally saved for times of great turmoil in ones life...is this thread more than you can handle....lil vike? ;)

To the fans of Maryville and TH.... I would first worry about your teams first 3 games.  It would be sad to see that you all have wasted all of this time trash talking each other and the two teams don't even get to play each other.  Word to the wise... the two aren't as good as you all say they are either.

825417061[/snapback]

Actually both tams are as good as we all say they are. Thats why both are ranked #1 and #2 in the state. By the way who is your team?

Let me clue you in a little something.  This year's Tennessee High team is virtually the same team that played MoWest in the playoffs last year, minus only a few.  This past year has allowed them to grow together, get stronger and faster, and they have dominated thus far this year.  Even though we hung in the game last year at halftime (7-0), we would easily beat last year's MoWest team with this year's Tenn. High team.  Now having said that, I believe that last year's Maryville team was put out by this very same MoWest team, and according to one of your very own beloved fans: "I think they might not be quite as good as last year."  Thus would bring the logical person to the conclusion that this year's team would be beaten even worse than last year's team.  Going on these assumptions of fair and sound judgement would allow one to say that Tennessee High could cruise to victory over Maryville.  Thank you.

825416901[/snapback]

Your logic is fitting Daddy.

I may have misspoken. Yes, I believe that the MHS team last year was better. But I think that I went on to say that I think this year's team has done more with less. I think that statistically we have been more dominant this year (which I cannot prove and can also partially attribute to lower competitive standards this season). I also think, though, that this year's team is much more driven.

MHS was a better team than MoTown last year. We beat them once and then only managed to lose by 3 in overtime after playing poorly the whole game and turning the ball over 7 times.

We got complacent and didn't show up one day and it cost us a golden ball. We've learned from that and the Rebels are as hungry as I've ever seen them. You see, at MHS it's a black mark on your record when you DON'T win the champtionship (at least for the past few years).

But, following my assumptions that this team executes better and wants it more...then I'm comfortable saying that MHS would beat the MoTown team from last year as well as a team that lost to them but improved since.

Either way....there is just NO chance that anyone would "cruise to victory" over the Rebels. We are capable of losing, but we would not be a cruise for anyone.

Do I detect a bit of pre-pubesant angst coming from up North?  Kind of a "no one will respect me, so I'm gonna trash my room" anger?

A side note:  we do not have to psych ourselves up into believing anything.  We wake up, go throughout our day and go to bed KNOWING we're champions.  SEVEN time champions thus far (in the modern era). 

Also, the words sick and tired are generally saved for times of great turmoil in ones life...is this thread more than you can handle....lil vike? :D

825417873[/snapback]

:P There you go again REBELNATION with this “We Are The World” crap??!! While being seven time State Champs is very impressive…. It don’t mean jack in this race, it don’t mean jack!!!!

Here’s what you need to be focused on in the “HERE and NOW”. It’s obviously not going to be an easy road for your team to get to the 4th round. And when (or should I say IF) you get there… guess who will be there waiting???? Look at the playoff brackets… It doesn’t take a rocket scientist… that’s right THS. :lol:

By the way… what did you wake up thinking the day after the 4th round last year knowing that you weren’t going to THE BIG GAME!?? Did thoughts of those seven past championships sooth the wounds left by MoWest? I can assure you that THS is not intimidated AT ALL by your programs accomplishments of the past. But we do RESPECT it (something that you obviously don’t share when it comes to the Vikings). Just know that they will have there game faces on if and when this game is played! That’s not a threat it’s a promise. Now close your eyes and ponder on how the morning after this years 4th round is going to be… knowing that the DINESTY IS OVER!!

I’m not ill REBELNATION… just having fun.

:P There you go again REBELNATION with this “We Are The World” crap??!! While being seven time State Champs is very impressive…. It don’t mean jack in this race, it don’t mean jack!!!!

Here’s what you need to be focused on in the “HERE and NOW”. It’s obviously not going to be an easy road for your team to get to the 4th round. And when (or should I say IF) you get there… guess who will be there waiting???? Look at the playoff brackets… It doesn’t take a rocket scientist… that’s right THS.  :lol:

By the way… what did you wake up thinking the day after the 4th round last year knowing that you weren’t going to THE BIG GAME!?? Did thoughts of those seven past championships sooth the wounds left by MoWest? I can assure you that THS is not intimidated AT ALL by your programs accomplishments of the past. But we do RESPECT it (something that you obviously don’t share when it comes to the Vikings). Just know that they will have there game faces on if and when this game is played! That’s not a threat it’s a promise. Now close your eyes and ponder on how the morning after this years 4th round is going to be… knowing that the DINESTY IS OVER!!

I’m not ill REBELNATION… just having fun.

825418427[/snapback]

I'd wager that he felt just a little bit less badly than you did one week earlier after being throttled by that same MoTown West team.

Funny that you say "here and now" and then follow it with statements about a year ago and four weeks to come.