Tennesee High

h-unit

You guys are good, but will you all will be upset in three weeks when the trip to Murf. is stopped in Rogersville. Cherokee has the offense and the defense that will show that week 1 wasn't an accurate showing of how good this team is. Our LB's will shut down the running game and our offense will be playing like they are now, which is ten times better than when we played THS in week one. Just watch and see.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Maryville takes care of business, they will be waiting.  Nobody in Maryville is worried about TN High.  When you get off the bus you'll know your in a game.  We got a tough bracket to get ready TN High has a weak bracket just like the schdule they have played this year.

The first post in this thread was the question, How fare can TN High go.......?  Well I think it is clear most think in Maryville is where the dream season ends for TN HI!

Go Rebs! Beat Rhea Co.

825411107[/snapback]

I know maryville is a top notch team, but tenn. high will be there biggest threat. As soon as we get off the bus the team we play knows its game time. Maryville will be the hardest game even though we dont have any compotion in our braket. Is it our falut that other teams are weak... no But dont worry about us being ready for maryville we will come out ready to play just hope they come to play as well.

You guys are good, but will you all will be upset in three weeks when the trip to Murf. is stopped in Rogersville.  Cherokee has the offense and the defense that will show that week 1 wasn't an accurate showing of how good this team is.  Our LB's will shut down the running game and our offense will be playing like they are now, which is ten times better than when we played THS in week one.  Just watch and see.

825413396[/snapback]

I will agree that Cherokee is much improved over week 1, but so has Tennessee High. They may be able to make a second game closer, but shut down the offense they will not do.

I agree with nisstek, Cherokee has played their last game against Tennessee High this year. You all better worry about Elizabethton, they are much improved as well.

But if it does happen, we will worry about it then. Right now it is time to focus on the Trojans.

Okay, I'm not trying to start a fight here. I'm not insenuating anything at all by asking this question....

I'll readily admit that I've not EVER seen TN High play football. Basketball, yes. Football, no. So, I don't know anything about the team other than the stats I've looked up. I'm actually thinking about coming up and seeing what all the fuss is about this Friday night. I hope that you guys win out and that the Rebels do too. And I hope these two teams clash...hard.

But my question:

Have any of you seen MHS play this year?

I know that a lot of the MHS posters on here have no basis for comparison except for prior seasons and comparative statistics which may or may not be apples to oranges. I'm wondering if any of the THS faithful have seen both teams and would care to make some objective comments/comparisons.

I will agree that Cherokee is much improved over week 1, but so has Tennessee High.  They may be able to make a second game closer, but shut down the offense they will not do. 

I agree with nisstek, Cherokee has played their last game against Tennessee High this year.  You all better worry about Elizabethton, they are much improved as well.

But if it does happen, we will worry about it then.  Right now it is time to focus on the Trojans.

825414301[/snapback]

Very true THSViking, both teams have improved and both teams shouldn't look ahead, but if they do meet in the quarterfinals, I do believe it will be a much better game.

Okay, I'm not trying to start a fight here. I'm not insenuating anything at all by asking this question....

I'll readily admit that I've not EVER seen TN High play football. Basketball, yes. Football, no. So, I don't know anything about the team other than the stats I've looked up. I'm actually thinking about coming up and seeing what all the fuss is about this Friday night. I hope that you guys win out and that the Rebels do too. And I hope these two teams clash...hard.

But my question:

Have any of you seen MHS play this year?

I know that a lot of the MHS posters on here have no basis for comparison except for prior seasons and comparative statistics which may or may not be apples to oranges. I'm wondering if any of the THS faithful have seen both teams and would care to make some objective comments/comparisons.

825414398[/snapback]

Papa,

If you really plan on travelling to Bristol to catch the Vikings this week, you may need to have a friend there get/save you a ticket. Maybe one of these Viking CoachT'ers would be willing to get you on and meet you at a gate.???? The tickets last week sold out in a few hours. Of course that game last week was vs. "at-the-time" undefeated Sullivan East and the Bluff City folks thought it would be a game. Point is, not sure if this week's game will be a sell out. Maybe some of the Tennessee High fans can eleborate and volunteer to help you out. I won't be there.

To answer your question about seeing both teams. I've seen Maryville in years past. I've seen Tennessee High this year. But, this still isn't a true or fair comparison. My gut feeling is if this years Rebel team is like teams of the past, they are deeper than the Vikings and play better defense. The Viking RBs and O-line have done a fantastic job so far in '04. If the Viking RBs see any daylight it could be bad for the Rebels.

So here's my prediction (and yes TN High gets by an improved Cherokee team):

Tennesse High 27

Maryville 35