Tennesee High

h-unit

Are you guys serious. Do you really think Boone, East, South, Virginia, Unicoi Co, Sull. Central, Johnson County could even have a 500 record in most 4A regions. Like I said I'm not against TN High, they can coach and have good players, but the schedule is lacking. It's not their fault, they have to play in the region they are in. But, if anyone thinks that schedule has strength your not keeping up with things across several regions. Maryville people might talk too much but, they have been tested before the playoffs begin by the region. None of those teams mentioned above would finish ahead of Carter or Clinton in region 3 AAAA. It's just the way it is. Knox Central, Powell, Knox West, Halls, Maryville... you pick one that wouldn't compete to win that region.

I love how people make excuses about "Tennessee's easy schedule" when their schedule is just as hard as anyone elses.

825367239[/snapback]

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, the only reason Sull. East and Johnson County were getting high rankings is because of the win/loss record. That win column for both teams is filled with W's against schools that couldn't compete in many 2A regions across the state. You can't play that strength of schedule card with TN High b/c it's way off.

Tn High has a shot this year just as Betsy did in the late 90's. You can ask both coaches how they got by Betsy those years. Two missed calls, but that's the way the ball bounces. Maryville's coach had the gonads to tell it like it was. He knew his boy stepped out a foot on a late TD run (classy of the coach to admit). So yes, every now and then there is a team that comes out of the hills that can play with you city slickers. Tn High is that team this year. They should make the semi's as well as Maryville, being that both will avoid a playoff upset. What a game it will be. :P

You all say Tn High is cocky. Anything and everything I have heard from Maryville people has been extremely cocky. They obviously think they are awesome bc in every post about them someone from there has said it. And dont let me be the one to lie, Maryville is really good this year, really good. Will they beat Tn High in the semi's giving that both of them make it there, maybe. Will they slaughter them?, no. How do we know which region is better if nobody plays eachother in either region. We dont, we have to wait till the playoffs. Which is what everyone should do, quit worrying about THS and Maryville in the semis, they both have 7 games before then. And if they play, let them play, then judge on the outcome.

Agree, there are three games for Maryville left prior to the play-offs. They are tough region games except for the Clinton game. The other two are vs. Knox West (6-1) and Knox Central (5-1). Tough games every year for Maryville and teams that normally make the play-offs every year. Maryville is not cocky, just confident we have one of the better programs in the south.

Agree, there are three games for Maryville left prior to the play-offs.  They are tough region games except for the Clinton game.  The other two are vs. Knox West (6-1) and Knox Central (5-1).  Tough games every year for Maryville and teams that normally make the play-offs every year.  Maryville is not cocky, just confident we have one of the better programs in the south.

825368862[/snapback]

Amen!! You wanna stop TN High, put Maryville in front of them. Once again, not cocky, just true. If history teaches us anything, it's that Maryville wil never even have to play TH. They never make it that far.

Central DEFINITELY should be ranked higher.

The attitude from Maryville has come with many State Championships. Most of them recently. We have checked the schedule of both teams. Both teams have yet to see the best of the schedule. Although some of the normally strong teams of regions 1 and 2 are down, some of the normally weaker teams are up. We are sure that Tennessee High is a great team this year. You do have to consider that those normally week teams in region 1 are up. Sullivan East, Sullivan South, Elizabethton, etc. How many of those teams have beaten a strong 4A or even 5A team. Knox Central has beaten a normally mediocre 5A William Blount. Maryville has beaten normally strong Morristown West, Always good Alcoa, and William Blount. They beat Powell (always strong) by 32 points. All this may mean nothing to those in Upper East Tennessee, but to the teams of Middle Tennessee we look at who that opponent has played, and how they fared in those games as well. If you go and look at the teams that Tennessee High's opponents have played it might change your mind on how strong the teams are they beat. Let's just say that if a weak region 3-4A Halls team played some of those opponents how much success would they have. We think that those opponents and opponents opposition would not be able to hang with even some of the weaker region 3-4A team. Now we are not saying that Tennessee High is not a great team that could not win in all. But oppenents schedule plays a big part in picking who's the best on paper. When an oppenent is 4-2 and plays a not very good cloudland team that is a below average 2A team this year, what does that say about your competitions record. Tennessee High Will be successful this year. How much success would Tennessee High have against DB? If they were on your schedule then your schedule ranking in most eyes would go up tremendously. Good luck to your Vikings the remainder of the year. We look forward to seeing do well in the playoffs.

you know i like to keep up with high school football throughout TN, and i was just wondering why i have never heard of Tn High. Where is it at, what region? But im pretty sure if they were to play some of the big name schools then Tn High wouldnt be undefeated.

825365222[/snapback]

I'm not a Tennessee High fan but they do have a great program, when Tennessee only had 3 classes they were 1971 and 1972 Class AAA State Champs and 1972 National Champions (only the second school from Tennessee to be national champs - the other was Oak Ridge in 1958).