Tennesee High

h-unit

Well after reading some of posts I was a bit amazed. But one post struck me funny.

“To see what a national championship trophy looks like in the "mountains””

First of all, was there a National Championship Tournament from all 50 states in 1972? If there was I must have missed it. Who’s won that tournament every year since? You say there was no tournament or play-off?

I would say then the 3A Tennessee State Champions, Tennessee High. Were only “RATED” to be the National Champions that year. A great accomplishment to be sure, no question. Congratz.

But….They never had to prove they could be the “Real National Champions” now could they? Maybe they could have beat everyone in the country. No one will ever know, because the process would be impossible.

Kind of like the college BCS is done to find the National Champion. Ratings don’t always mean you’re the best. In Tennessee, like most states there will be a legitmant play-off for the State Championship. To this date TN High has won two and none since 1972.

Please don’t try to trash Maryville, we have a great program and the past ten years many have worked hard to keep it there. This year is no different and we have another 8-0 team with two games left. Nobody is really worried about TN High over here in these mountains.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

threed?  OK! Statford is gonna have to wait to be the Sheriff.

didn't mean to upset you. good luck this semester!

825391302[/snapback]

I was just wondering why Stratford gets no press they are 8-0, just like TN high and they play in a much harder region. And do not get me started on Hillwood. So my answer to this threed is Yes, TN high can be stopped and will be stopped. The real question should be does TN high have a chance against Maryville.

Don't stop there FBE...we've been GREAT since the Carter administration!!

To the threads title question, can TN High be stopped?  I ask in return, have they played Maryville or Central?  Didn't think so... thumb

825391325[/snapback]

Tennessee High has outscored opponents by quite a larger margin than Maryville has outscored their opponents.

Tennessee High has held it's opponents to less points than Maryville has held their opponents.

But then Maryville fans reply with "oh, our schedule is harder, Tenn. High doesn't play anybody, their schedule is weak", and "look at our tradition of winning, and last year, past years, HISTORY"

Well, my reply is this, check the Strength of schedule ranking and overall Strength ranking right here on CoachT. What will you find? You will find a Maryville team with a strength of schedule ranking of 48th in the state, and with an overall strength ranking of 2nd in 4A football. Now look at Tennessee High, and what do you see? You will find a strength of schedule ranking of 12th in the state, and overall strength ranking of 1st in the state... That's right Maryville fans, 1st.

So this would lead someone to believe, and rightly so, that Tennessee High actually plays the harder schedule and Maryville is the one with the skewed statistics. The facts are the facts.

As far as tradition, this is a new year, and a much different team for both programs. Tradition is a nonfactor, and the both teams were beaten by MoWest last year anyway. So we have to look at who has the better team this year... All the scoring stats and schedule ranking would lead any reasonable person to say that Tenn. High has the superior football team. But I guess we all find out come 4th round of the playoffs.

Maryville fans are blind to the fact that there can actually be teams better than them, but they will find out in due time. Remember, the facts don't lie, regardless of the Maryville fans babble on CoachT.

You have your facts straight VikeDaddy. Theres one small problem about those facts. Im for Tennessee High, Ive seen the other teams in the area, and trust me they are not good. Their schedule rank is high because the teams they have beat play Volunteer, North, Hampton, Chuckey Doak.......all these teams are awful. If the teams you play keep winning, your schedule rank is higher. Tn High hasnt played anybody yet. Sullivan South is the only decent competetion they have had, and their only competition left is East. This is not saying that Tennessee High isnt good, oh they are, and they arent given a whole lot of credit, and they shouldnt until they prove something. Hopefully they will make it to the 4th round, I think they will, then, and only then can we see what both teams have. You might as well quit talking trash its not gonna solve anything

These threads really get out of hand. The question was, "Can TN High be stopped?'

Of course the answer, as it would be for any team in the nation, is yes. You have to remember that we are talking about 14-18 year old kids who are playing a game. In many cases just losing one of them to injury can completely change a season.

Obviously, I hope that TN High can go all of the way, but just like any other team, they are not above losing. Anyone can lose a game. Even the mighty Maryville Red Rebels. Just ask any of them about the semi final game of 2003.

You say "Maryville fans are blind to the fact that there can actually be teams better than them, but they will find out in due time. Remember, the facts don't lie, regardless of the Maryville fans babble on CoachT.

Well, Well good luck in the play-offs my friend maybe your THigh powerhouse will get the opportunity to see just how overated maryville is. Your road to the state game will have to go past Maryville if this over-rated Maryville team keeps winning. Keep beating teams like Unaka and Chucky. Any we'll keep beating teams like Central, Powell, Alcoa and Morristown and orther normal state contenders year after year. see ya.

You say "Maryville fans are blind to the fact that there can actually be teams better than them, but they will find out in due time. Remember, the facts don't lie, regardless of the Maryville fans babble on CoachT.

Well, Well  good luck in the play-offs my friend maybe your THigh powerhouse will get the opportunity to see just how overated maryville is.  Your road to the state game will have to go past Maryville if this over-rated Maryville team keeps winning.  Keep beating teams like Unaka and Chucky.  Any we'll keep beating teams like Central, Powell, Alcoa and Morristown and orther normal state contenders year after year.  see ya.

825394889[/snapback]

This proves my point exactly, more Maryville fans belligerent babble. For your information we play neither Unaka nor Chucky Doak, it's more like 5A teams such as Science Hill in which we cruised to victory. The only good team Maryville will play is tonight, and we'll see how well they do against a decent team.