Milan vs. JCM

Bulldog Fan #2

Because we have a coach and administration who looks out for the best intrest of our school and fans. It was on the table from the beginning but now everyone is whining about it. Get over it and let's play the game. JCM is a very talented team and will probably come out on top Friday night but you never know which way the ball will bounce. I pulling for the Dawgs and will be there rooting for them.

825348878[/snapback]

what does "having a coach and administration who looks out for the best interest of our school and fans" have to do with not wanting to play at a particular field

are you implying that the field and area is unsafe?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

seems pretty obvious they think they are "too good" (social status) to go play at rothrock.

825348992[/snapback]

It's got nothing to do with being too good to play there. We made an offer and the JCM admin. accepted. The J-MC school board won't allow them to play at the field that was agreed upon so the game is being moved to Milan.

It's got nothing to do with being too good to play there. We made an offer and the JCM admin. accepted. The J-MC school board won't allow them to play at the field that was agreed upon so the game is being moved to Milan.

825349056[/snapback]

I`m not trying to be confrontational and at least you are trying to give honest answers, but I still don`t understand why Milan refuses to go to Rothrock. Milan agrees to go to play JCM at Northside, but they won`t agree to play at Rothrock.

Milan also played Henry County earlier this season. They are a 5A school and they are much further away. Milan had no problem going there.

Because we have a coach and administration who looks out for the best intrest of our school and fans. It was on the table from the beginning but now everyone is whining about it. Get over it and let's play the game. JCM is a very talented team and will probably come out on top Friday night but you never know which way the ball will bounce. I pulling for the Dawgs and will be there rooting for them.

825348878[/snapback]

Will your administration forfeit if you have to travel to BTW in the playoffs, in the best interest of your school and fans?

From the outside looking in, it appears to me that Milan has been more then accomadating to help JCM fill it's open date. From what I have read on this board, Rothrock was never mentioned in the original contract. Yes, Milan could have bent over backwards even futher to play at Rothrock ... but why would they do this? JCM is the school who had the need to have an open date to be filled not Milan. According to the original arrangments that were agreed by both parties, they were to play at the field originally picked by JCM. When the board denied JCM's use of this field ... from what I read on here ... Milan chose to play the game at home while giving the gate to JCM. Why is it being pushed that Milan isn't doing the right thing? Things happen, contracts become void, you make adjustments and move on. JCM's band won't get the concessions this game ... Milan will ... Things like this happen. Trying to villify Milan for not agreeing to play on yet another field when they can play the game at home ... with JCM recieving the gate seems unrealistic to me. I think Milan is still doing JCM a favor. When the original field of choice was denied ... Milan could have said forget it, let's just play next year and they would have been done with it. But they decided to play at home and give the gate to JCM ... and JCM agreed. In my eyes, Milan is being accomadating and wise. Had I been the school administrator at Milan and another school comes to me needing to fill an open date; The game would have been at my home field and the standard gate sharing arrangments would have been in affect. Again, I'm only commenting from what I've read in this thread ... but from what I've read, Milan is doing JCM a big favor.

Milan isn't scared to play in Jackson, they are just being prudent while helping out JCM. Just enjoy the game, this is going to be a good one!

My $0.02 worth.

The contract said nothing about playing at rothrock!!!!

825349945[/snapback]

That`s because Milan refused to play at Rothrock.

The question everyone is asking is why wouldn`t they play at Rothrock?

There`s no doubt they were willing to play JCM, but why the big fuss about not playing at JCM`s homefield. Isn`t it normal custom for two teams to swap home games?

Just going by a common opponent(Union City)..You would say JCM because they battered the Tornadoes....But you are talking about Milan playing in Milan?? I still haven't figured out where they are playing...JCM,North Side or Milan??..LOL...Anyway,this will be an awesome game.Milan just doesn't lose too often at Johnnie Hale Stadium...I am going to give a slight edge to Milan,very slight.....Somewhere in the neighborhood of 17-14...

From the outside looking in, it appears to me that Milan has been more then accomadating to help JCM fill it's open date. From what I have read on this board, Rothrock was never mentioned in the original contract. Yes, Milan could have bent over backwards even futher to play at Rothrock ... but why would they do this? JCM is the school who had the need to have an open date to be filled not Milan. According to the original arrangments that were agreed by both parties, they were to play at the field originally picked by JCM. When the board denied JCM's use of this field ... from what I read on here ... Milan chose to play the game at home while giving the gate to JCM. Why is it being pushed that Milan isn't doing the right thing? Things happen, contracts become void, you make adjustments and move on. JCM's band won't get the concessions this game ... Milan will ... Things like this happen. Trying to villify Milan for not agreeing to play on yet another field when they can play the game at home ... with JCM recieving the gate seems unrealistic to me. I think Milan is still doing JCM a favor. When the original field of choice was denied ... Milan could have said forget it, let's just play next year and they would have been done with it. But they decided to play at home and give the gate to JCM ... and JCM agreed. In my eyes, Milan is being accomadating and wise. Had I been the school administrator at Milan and another school comes to me needing to fill an open date; The game would have been at my home field and the standard gate sharing arrangments would have been in affect. Again, I'm only commenting from what I've read in this thread ... but from what I've read, Milan is doing JCM a big favor.

Milan isn't scared to play in Jackson, they are just being prudent while helping out JCM. Just enjoy the game, this is going to be a good one!

My $0.02 worth.

825350035[/snapback]

Wow..what a spin! JCM was in need of a game. It was getting late in the scheduling process and they did need one. However, so did Milan. Coach Morris stated last week that they too were in dire need of getting their 10th game scheduled.

JCM had another school that would play them so this wasn`t Hardegree`s last hope as you would try to present it.

Milan refused to come to Rothrock so JCM accomodated Milan by offering to play at Northside.

Yes..Milan is giving JCM the gate. It`s a home game for JCM....DUH!!! Don`t act like this is some big generous act on Milan`s part. When Milan agreed to the contract JCM was going to get the concessions as well. Now Milan is going to get that money. Milan should be proud as punch to get a 6th game at their homefield.

Once it bacame evident that the game could not be played at Northside, Milan should have done one of the following....

1. Play at Rothrock

2. Be gracious host and give JCM all the proceeds.(remember when the original contract JCM would get all proceeds)

Originally JCM gave up their home stadium to play Milan. Next JCM agrees to pay for buses and give up the bands concessions among other things all to play Milan who wouldn`t agree to swap home dates like every other school does in this state. And you somehow come to the conclusion that Milan is accomadating JCM. AMAZING!!! :D