Lincoln County at Franklin County

Machete Phil

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A quickie summary - LCstatman or falconstatman can give you more detail....

The safety came from a snap that sailed over the punter's head into the endzone in I think the 2nd quarter. It happened again in the 2nd half but the punter did an outstanding job of getting the punt off anyway.

Alot of turnovers on both sides - some crappy officiating on both sides, and some good defense on both sides. The Rebels muffed a fake field goal in the first half, and I think an attempt toward the end of the game was blocked - their kicker was hurt - that may have been one of the crappy officiating episodes, but I didn't see any roughing the kicker.

Anyhoo, it was an important win for the Falcons after being mauled by Riverdale last week, and I'm sure it was a disappointing loss for the Rebels. I thought that their last series was going to win it for them.

Jabbo tired...jabbo sleep now.......zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Edited by jabbo

This was not a pretty game. Franklin County drove all the way down the field on the first position but it ended with a fake field goal attempt that was stuffed by Lane Jackson. Lincoln County followed with a good drive but Buchannan fumbled into the endzone after a great run. That was followed by a three and out but the snap to the punter went over the punter's head and he was tackled in the endzone for what proved to be the only points of the night.

Both teams had turnovers and were somewhat ineffective on offense. Franklin County had 0-10 passing although the receivers often dropped wide-open passes. In the final minutes of the fourth quarter, Franklin County drove down the the Lincoln County 21. The field goal attempt with 46 seconds left was blocked by Lane Jackson.

There where several times that LC should have been called for block in the back wasn't called.  I would love to see a replay of the last  field goal  should have been roughing called on that  play to. Oh well great game  both teams.

Go Rebels

825346489[/snapback]

I am not positive but, I think that if the ball is tipped or parcially blocked all bets are off as far as to roughing the kicker, and Lane Jackson came right up the middle and tipped the ball.

L.C. had 8 first downs F.C. also had 8 first downs

L.C. rushed the ball 36 times for 170 yds, F.C. rushed 37 times for 162.

L.C. was 4 out of 11 passing the ball for 44 yards, F.C. was 0 out of 10 passing

L.C. was penalized 3 times for 30 yards, F.C. 4 times for 40 yards

L.C. turned the ball over 4 times, F.C. turned the ball over 2 times on fumbles.

It was a great defensive game to say the least by both teams.

I heard several F.C. talking after the game wanting to put the blame on the starting qb. for F.C. but, he had at least 3 or 4 passes dropped the were put right in the hands of the recievers, and that is out of his control.

We also had a F.C. fan come up to us after the game and say that F.C. just plain gave the game to us and we told him that we would take it and that we really appreciated it. :D

Didn't Franklin County snap the ball over the punter's head in the Hillsboro game?

It happened again last night?

How many times has this happened this season for Franklin County?

825346503[/snapback]

Yeh,we have had the ball snapped over the punter's head.It happened last week and we've got the ball off in time,but we didn't get it off in time last night.