It's Truly Topsy Turvy!

meanjean

Yes my fiends, it is I, Mean Jean Farnherst and I am truly excited about my return to Coach Tee Dot Com, the preeminent site for Tennessee High School Football in the world and elsewhere.

Let us not dwell on my absence but my arrival and my opinion on what is going on in my beloved Region 5, Class AA.... It's like a reincarnation of that classic Three Stooges line... "This house has show gone crazy!"

Big mighty Lewis County looks like they have fallen on hard times and then they ring up 40 against Giles County.

Loretto looks ready to be a true power and then they lose to Waverly? Is that the same Tiger team that got shutout by Lewis County?

Harpeth, once the truly dominant team in this region looks lifeless and you must wonder if Coach Winkler wishes they (Cheatham County's commissioners) had held back on those coaching supplements and showed him a truly merciful end to this quickly dissolving season?

Richland is still claiming they get no respect, even though they still don't win a lot of games.

Cheat "em" County is trying to enjoy their last foray in AA football.

Fairview is the real deal!

So where does this put everything and how will things shake out?

Fairview, aka The Mighty Jackets will prevail mightily this season finishing with a 9-1 mark, losing only to powerful 4-A foe Hillwood.

Cheatem County will take home second place since they will beat Hohenwald aka Louis County. The Cubs will top out at 7-3.

Waverly will roar into the playoffs after the great win over Loretta. They will go 3-7 and finsih their season with a big upset win in round one of the playoffs.

Meriwether Lewis County will struggle to break even... maybe 5-5 and finish their worst fourth simply because they eeked out the early win over charging Waverly.

Richland will beat Harpeth.. Loretto will beat Richland and Harpeth will not beat Loretto.

All of these projections are subject to change by next week.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I demand a DNA test to certify this is the real Mean Jean.

Sounds like an imposter to me. Too many words spelled correctly and too many schools properly identified.

Or, perhaps MJ has been at an educational boarding school (mental institution).

Would explain his extended absence.

Edited by salty

It is great to see the meanjean back. I remember him being around during my playing days and all the talk was about him in the locker room and on the practice field. Gave us something to talk about and we always tried to figure out who this guy was that supporting us. I hope Fairview finishes 9-1 and think it is possible especially with the emergence of MeanJean and the return of Glen Fraser to the Jackets squad.

I demand a DNA test to certify this is the real Mean Jean.

Sounds like an imposter to me.  Too many words spelled correctly and too many schools properly identified.

Or, perhaps MJ has been at an educational boarding school (mental institution).

Would explain his extended absence.

825346596[/snapback]

it has to be meanjean look at his JOINED DATE> sais November of 2001.

To see Mean Jean back on the boards brings an abundance of vocabulary, but not intelligence. Now to contradict his post I would like to post some end of the year standings that really will happen.

#1 Lewis County / Currently 2-2 (1-0)

Will play Cheatem County, Fairview, and Loretto at home.

Only possible losses could be to Fairview or Cheatem, but I do believe that

They will go undefeated the rest of the year.

• Coach Sharp challenged the Panthers to start over new after the Westmoreland loss.

• Came out to Giles County fired up and ready to play football, won 41-20.

• Rushed for nearly 400 yards in this game.

***** Key player in the rest of the season****

Chris Hatton-if he stays healthy and continues dominance could carry Lewis to region title.

Prediction 5-0 in region

#2 Cheatem County 2-0

Will play Lewis, Loretto, and Waverly on the road.

I expect a loss in Lewis County, could also be challenged in Fairview.

They will be 4-1 in Region play.

Moves the ball exceptionally well with experienced Quarterback.

Defense could be found as the Achilles’ heal of their season.

***** Key Player**** Landon Langley will go as far as his arm will take them.

#3 Fairview (1-0)

Plays Lewis, Loretto, and Cheatem all Away.

Could definitely change the entire outlook of the region.

Tough Defense and smart offense will be the key to their success

Will end up 3-2 in region play. More than likely will be eliminated in the 2nd round.

**** key player***** - not just one player but their entire Offense.

The Rest of the Region-

4.) Waverly- could possibly upset Fairview or Cheatem County.

5.) Loretto- was expected to be better than usual, good possibility that they could be higher by the end of the season.

6.) Harpeth- can only go up from here.

To see Mean Jean back on the boards brings an abundance of vocabulary, but not intelligence. Now to contradict his post I would like to post some end of the year standings that really will happen.

#1 Lewis County / Currently 2-2 (1-0)

Will play Cheatem County, Fairview, and Loretto at home.

Only possible losses could be to Fairview or Cheatem, but I do believe that

They will go undefeated the rest of the year.

• Coach Sharp challenged the Panthers to start over new after the Westmoreland loss.

• Came out to Giles County fired up and ready to play football, won 41-20.

• Rushed for nearly 400 yards in this game.

***** Key player in the rest of the season****

Chris Hatton-if he stays healthy and continues dominance could carry Lewis to region title.

Prediction 5-0 in region

#2 Cheatem County  2-0

Will play Lewis, Loretto, and Waverly on the road.

I expect a loss in Lewis County, could also be challenged in Fairview.

They will be 4-1 in Region play.

Moves the ball exceptionally well with experienced Quarterback.

Defense could be found as the Achilles’ heal of their season.

***** Key Player**** Landon Langley will go as far as his arm will take them.

#3 Fairview (1-0)

Plays Lewis, Loretto, and Cheatem all Away.

Could definitely change the entire outlook of the region.

Tough Defense and smart offense will be the key to their success

Will end up 3-2 in region play.  More than likely will be eliminated in the 2nd round.

**** key player***** - not just one player but their entire Offense.

The Rest of the Region-

4.) Waverly- could possibly upset Fairview or Cheatem County.

5.) Loretto- was expected to be  better than usual, good possibility that they could be higher by the end of the season.

6.) Harpeth- can only go up from here.

825347545[/snapback]

And I guess that you just forgot poor Richland? They need and demand respect! They will even leave that message on the locker room chalk boards of the host teams. And brother... I tip my fedora and tell them, if it's respect you desire, it is respect that you thusly shall receive!

By the way, you surely jest on other matters? Fairview will waltz thru the remainder of their schedule. They are the real deal, every one else is simply a pretender this season.

I have spoken and now, I shall retire to my porta pot!

Well I will tell you once a see the top team in region 6 play. This week I am going to Huntingdon at Westview. Region 5 will win at least 2 playoffs games. They won't beat Huntingdon, but I see the other teams winning. Camden thinks boyd is the best rb ever and trust me he isn't. Win a playoff game before you make predictions

Waverly will not make it out of the first round. And Lewis Co. came awful close to getting put out last year. This year, noone from 5-AA will make it out alive. Huntingdon will not be stopped and they might be the only team to beat Camden (Remember folks, this team isn't like any in the past! This one KNOWS how to win big games, the past teams only knew how to stumble into them). Once in Week 6, and once in Round 3. McKenzie won't go out in the first and Chester Co. can beat any team in 5-AA. All in all, it will be a Huntingdon masterpiece this year. Waverly's got a young team, though. I look for them to be on the top of 5-AA next year. They've already pulled a stunning upset against Loretto, and look to make the playoffs by a nose, because they will destroy Harpeth and just get by Richland.

So these guys are learning what it takes to win. But this is also a weak region.

Edited by rcombs