Alcoa vs. Heritage

Tornadofan15

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea I agree w/ FB on everything,

Heritage's secondary is too much for Brandon Warren he'll be completely shut down. Heritage's line we'll be in the backfield all night and Duck will have 13 yards rushing, maybe. Joei will have 6 interceptions.

Heritage's power offense will out-run and out play Dustin Lindsey, Brandon Warren, Rae Sykes, Dante Lewis, Martin White, and Mark Avery. They'll throw all over the place too probably.

It's weird though, because none of this is going to happen......actually it may be the exact opposite.

AHS- 45

HHS- 6

First of all I expect Alcoa to win, but the vision of all that "TALENT" that Alcoa thinks they have is just fiction in my view. Alcoa has played one good team and guess what happened to all that "TALENT"! They got spanked and got put back in their place.

No question Alcoa has some good athletes, but none are super special and able to run wild anytime on anyone. So this belief is fiction.

Heritage may be down but some of those kids are more physical than you may think and given a break or two Heritage could give you Alcoa prima donnas all you want. I don't expect Alcoa to run away in the game but should win the contest.

Looking at the Sweetwater box score Alcoa ran out of steam during the second half and Sweetwater’s Latham went out early with a hammy. If Sweetwater was so bad why was JF only 3-8? Heritage played some better vs. Maryville's 2nd string which in my view is better than Alcoa’s first team is at this point in the season.

I think this will be a physical game for Alcoa and being over-confident or maybe looking past Heritage could be costly and I am looking for the upset.

FBE: You usually make sense with much of what you post but to make the statement that Maryville's 2nd string is better than Alcoa's 1st string is ludicrous. Maryville beat Alcoa this year because they were the better team, not so much in quality but in quantity. You and I know that it will be a different story next year. Alcoa has virtually their entire team returning while Maryville will suffer numerous and significant losses. Alcoa will beat Maryville next year without a doubt.

We would like to beat Maryville every year but we will settle for a victory every 5 years or so which is probably more than we should expect given that Maryville has 3 1/2 more students than we have. For us to beat you every so often is amazing and testifies to the quality of the Alcoa football program. Alcoa beats Heritage every year and William Blount more often than not which agains speaks to the quality of the program.

Remember this -- there has only been one Blount County team ever ranked in the USA Today Prep Top 25 poll and it wasn't your beloved Rebels. It was the '88 Tornadoes, the greatest team to ever come out of Blount County.

Alcoa has talent to play with anyone. They are fast, strong, and big. They should have a great chance of winning state. No one in 2aa can play with them. They handled Sweetwater and Oliver Springs. Fiegler is a smart qb who is a great passer. Warren is a D-1 prospect. Lindsay is one of the top two backs in East TN. Alcoa should go 9-1 for the regular season. Heritage doesn't have a chance.

Alcoa 49

Heritage 6

Edited by WaggleRT

FBE: You usually make sense with much of what you post but to make the statement that Maryville's 2nd string is better than Alcoa's 1st string is ludicrous.  Maryville beat Alcoa this year because they were the better team, not so much in quality but in quantity.  You and I know that it will be a different story next year.  Alcoa has virtually their entire team returning while Maryville will suffer numerous and significant losses.  Alcoa will beat Maryville next year without a doubt.

We would like to beat Maryville every year but we will settle for a victory every 5 years or so which is probably more than we should expect given that Maryville has 3 1/2 more students than we have.  For us to beat you every so often is amazing and testifies to the quality of the Alcoa football program.  Alcoa beats Heritage every year and William Blount more often than not which agains speaks to the quality of the program.

Remember this -- there has only been one Blount County team ever ranked in the USA Today Prep Top 25 poll and it wasn't your beloved Rebels.  It was the '88 Tornadoes, the greatest team to ever come out of Blount County.

825351045[/snapback]

You made some sense till you said" Alcoa will beat Maryville next year without a doubt". I have to agree, many of you Alcoa faithful said that last year.

Let’s see. You say Alcoa will lose no one to graduation? Well the Maryville team that had no trouble really handling your Tornados will lose two or three starting players off a defense that thus far had yielded less than 5 points per contest thus far this year over 5 games. And I don't expect Lucas Wall and the boys from WB to hang to many points on them this week. The offence will lose that "O" line that pushed those D1 prospects off the ball all night and the MHS QB will move to the next level and give the job to a kid named Hunt who might be more versatile than he was. Coach Ellis will have some replacements for that “O” line. RB Byner will move on but won't be missed to badly with the studs waiting for more touches and Childs just fell in our lap! Maryville will be ready for anything Alcoa presently has in the program. I will never say Maryville can't be beat, because any given day one's team could be flat and turn the ball over too many time to overcome.

It will be a closer game next year, no doubt. Th end result will eb the same though.

And your great 88 team was good for A or AA. They have never had to play the likes of Brentwood Academy though. A program that is allowed to recruit kids and has all the talent they and any other team will ever need. We had two 70's teams (if I'm not mistaken) that beat them for Champioships.

So, until you play someone of quality other than us, spare us the ranking BS.