Riverdale at Dickson County

TDCman

Riverdale is puttin up AT LEAST 50 and Gaston is going to have AT LEAST another 200 yds rushing gg thats all she wrote

DC let Hendersonville score 38 points HOW HOW HOW Do you expect to stop the U of R if u let Hendersonville score almost 40....and I know that Riverdale's defense wont let anybody come even close to 40 points 55-20 final score

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fluke? Wait a minute hs sports fan. I would hardly say that last years win was a fluke. Dickson County had a great ballteam last year. Evidence of that was when they took their first play from scrimmage to the house. In addition, I wouldn't say putting up over 300 yards rushing in a high school contest is a fluke. I would call that a tail whippin'. The Dickson offense steamrolled Riverdale last year. However, that was last year. I think it is important for people to realize that Dickson will not try and keep up in a track meet this friday. They have too much coaching experience to go into a game with these type of athletes and try to "catch them". I think people are in for a surprise. Dickson can establish a running game against anyone. They are big and physical and their style of football is to wear the defense down. If this one is close in the third quarter look out. Also, the game is in Dickson and they love their football down there. Some of the predictions made on this post are unbelieveable. 42-0 is a joke! I say Riverdale is the favorite and rightfully so, but, keep in mind the old cliche, "three yards and a cloud of dust".

825348892[/snapback]

Lil' Buddy Dickson County didn't beat us last year we beat ourselves are you that arrogant I respect DC because they are a good ball club and thier players don't act like a bunch imbeciles. Oh and by the way DC can't run with us, This will be a blow out in the first quarter. and 42 - 0 I say the score is to low more like 56 or 59 - 0. tell the DC defense to put on their running shoes. They'll need them to catch up to the Big Red Machine

Chandler and Ragan are asst.baseball coaches and yes Pearson is still on the coaching staff as a asst. for the football team.

825350502[/snapback]

Thanks coachsp for clarifying....just going by what was listed on the TSSAA school member section for DC. Glad to see Jerry is still around.

825350506[/snapback]

stick to the non-football stuff region :) . you actually trust what you saw on the tssaa website?!?!?!?!?!? man your gullible :):D

yeah, that was pretty stupid of me. Last yr they were saying we had 2200 enrolled when we had less than 1400!!!

825350635[/snapback]

Enrollments are counted every four years now. The 2200 figure came from 2001...which is when the count was done for enrollment purposes. If a school increases or decreases over 20% in a two year period they can be moved up or down.

I don't remember Pearson running the wing-t the last 10 or so years anyway. Dickson County has been smashmouth power -I and smokestack forever. Pearson is still on staff at DC.

If Dickson County can get ball control and not fumble like Lebanon did last week they could very well play with Riverdale. The best way to beat Riverdale is play sound defense and 3 yards and a cloud of dust. Take it right at them and wear them down. Riverdale will get theres, so just be patient and hit them just as hard as they hit you.

Guest region4fan

gwave......I think I had Pearson confused with the old coach from Beech.....I think Holmes was his name. Ran that Wing T like a champ. Man, did I blow that one!! seems like that guy left and went to Ga?? Has anyone heard how he is doing down there??