Riverdale at Dickson County

TDCman

I don't remember Pearson running the wing-t the last 10 or so years anyway.  Dickson County has been smashmouth power -I and smokestack forever.  Pearson is still on staff at DC. 

If Dickson County can get ball control and not fumble like Lebanon did last week they could very well play with Riverdale.  The best way to beat Riverdale is play sound defense and 3 yards and a cloud of dust.  Take it right at them and wear them down.  Riverdale will get theres, so just be patient and hit them just as hard as they hit you.

825350720[/snapback]

It must be difficult to play good sound defense against Riverdale this year. Smyrna (a team that beat Gallatin) gave up 55 in the 1st half...LC gave up 35 in the 1st half. Those teams are pretty good.

Edited by Antwan

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lil' Buddy Dickson County didn't beat us last year we beat ourselves are you that arrogant I respect DC because they are a good ball club and thier players don't act like a bunch imbeciles. Oh and by the way DC can't run with us, This will be a blow out in the first quarter. and 42 - 0 I say the score is to low more like 56 or 59 - 0. tell the DC defense to put on their running shoes. They'll need them to catch up to the Big Red Machine

825350499[/snapback]

Lil Buddy? It is interesting to listen to another brilliant mind from the 'boro. I would have to venture and say giving up 400 yards of total offense is not considered beating yourselves. If you would like, go back and listen to the post game comments or look up the article in the Saturday's paper and read Rankins comments. He readily admitted, "we couldnt stop them and they ran all over us".

We beat ourselves was never mentioned. If you recall, which I'm sure you do, Dickson fumbled twice inside thier own twenty last year giving Riverdale 14 points. Had Dickson lost, then they could say something about beating themselves. Anyways, that was last year and ancient history. This year could be interesting as well and I hope it turns out to be as good a game as last years, regardless of who wins. So there you have it BigWesHall Gmoney word em up lil buddy. By the way, lets not get carried away with the Big Red Machine stuff. There is only one Big Red Machine in Nashville and that is an all boys high school off of West End. They are also known as MBA and I am quite certain they have earned the right to call themselves the Big Red Machine.

Well first of all we dont even really want that nickname, if someone wants to call us that, that is fine, but if we did want it we would take it. MBA, knows how good we are, if you dont beleive me ask anyone on their team and they will tell you. They were all their when MBA got thumped this summer at Riverdale during the scrimmage.

Riverdale will get theres, so just be patient and hit them just as hard as they hit you.

825350720[/snapback]

GWAVE what year did you Graduate? and we will get ours but right now is RHS'S time to shine as I recall it wasn't all that long ago when Ghs was a Dynasty reigned supreme

825351013[/snapback]

When I say "Riverdale will get theres", I mean that they will score. You are not gonna shut them out, you just have to match score for score and not let it get out of hand. Dickson County is not the kind of team that can get a lot of points over a short period of time with their offense.

I prefer to remain anonomous. But I do remember the Short era and its dominance!! thumb

Smokey, thats great you think DC can beat Riverdale, if I was DC fan I would always want to believe my team could beat the opponent as well. The simple fact is every week, whichever team Riverdale plays seems to think they can beat Riverdale by doing this and doing that. You might very well be able to keep the ball away from Riverdale, but how will DC respond after Riverdale has scored its 3rd touchdown of the game over 50 yards, returned a fumble for a TD, I could go on and on. That article someone posted a link is pretty much explanatory. You guys came up to Riverdale last year and took it straight to us and DC desevered to win. But this is a much diffferent Riverdale team, with much more depth, experience, and the biggest play team I have ever seen in 15 years of watching Riverdale. Your ball control might hold the Warriors under 50, my prediction: Riverdale 42 DC 7.

(Just ask Smyrna and LC fans who are honest and know football)

What will Riverdale have next year? how many starters will return?

825352989[/snapback]

i dont know how many starters riverdale loses but they do graduate 25 seniors after this season is over, some of those are dave thomas,derente frazier,chris perkins and rahmel oliver, i go on and on about other notable seniors but i will leave it at that. but dont feel bad for riverdale they still return some big playmakers such as gaston miller, antwoine(sp?) smith, tamar butlerand kit hartsfield just to name a few