Riverdale at Dickson County

TDCman

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I DC wants to win they better play smash mouth football.  I've noticed over the years that most teams try to trick Riverdale and run around them to win, but the Warriors are to well coached for that.  I've noticed that the teams that have success against them are the teams that line up and run right at them.

825352955[/snapback]

DC always plays smashmouth football thats their trademark. I think tha score is gonna be in the 10-7 range but thats just me and hs sports fan how was my post ignorant and all the ones that were sayin tha score was gonna be 42-3 weren't? Those are the ignorant ones because those posts don't take this rivarly into consideration. Dickson always plays Riverdale tough. ALWAYS. Riverdale ain't never beat Dickson that bad and they aren't gonna do it this year. Whoever wins is gonna have to fight for it. I'm not even gonna pick a winner because y'all are all gonna be like "what now?" now thats a ignorant post

Hey Bulldog, yeah you are right, lately DC has played RHS tough but this Riverdale is much much better than the past four or five years, probabaly as far back as the mid 90s. Did you say 10-7 would be the score??? I am just trying to recall for sure, you said Riverdale would score 10 points. If they can score 34 in a Hurricane, unless they are expecting a tornado in Dickson County Friday night, you must be insane. Just curious, what was your prediction on the Riverdale-Smyrna game??? I sure wouldn't tell us the truth cause that would shoot all your credibility on any prediction. Good luck to DC, you guys have some good fans and I have alot of respect for your team, your fans, and the style of football you play. As for Smyrna fans, half of you probably still think you are better Riverdale this year despite the whooping you had. Good ole Smyrna boys, always good for a laugh.

Hey Bulldog, yeah you are right, lately DC has played RHS tough but this Riverdale is much much better than the past four or five years, probabaly as far back as the mid 90s. Did you say 10-7 would be the score??? I am just trying to recall for sure, you said Riverdale would score 10 points. If they can score 34 in a Hurricane, unless they are expecting a tornado in Dickson County Friday night, you must be insane. Just curious, what was your prediction on the Riverdale-Smyrna game??? I sure wouldn't tell us the truth cause that would shoot all your credibility on any prediction.  Good luck to DC, you guys have some good fans and I have alot of respect for your team, your fans, and the style of football you play. As for Smyrna fans, half of you probably still think you are better Riverdale this year despite the whooping you had. Good ole Smyrna boys, always good for a laugh.

if you think this is the best riverdale team since the mid 90's, then you didnt see 1999 riverdale team, dickson co pulled off one of the big upsets in state history that year

825353280[/snapback]

Riverdale sure was good in 1999. I remember standing on the sidelines in shock that night. Here we were 10-0, # 1 in the state and we lost to DC, 5-4, at home in the first round of the playoffs. We had so many good players that year like Jesse Chesterfield, Ron Akins, Ralph King, Adam Richardson (who's now a pro boxer), Johnathan Davis, Marvin Smith, Ted Montgomery, and so so many more.

Riverdale is simply to powerful for Dickson County.  This one should not be close, by anyone's imagination.

825347962[/snapback]

as long as it is a public school then riverdale might win but when it comes to play off make sure it is not a private school because river dale will lose the are the reason for the split thank rankin for that

I did see the 1999 team play almost every single game that year actually. I agree totally that they were absolutely loaded that season, it was very frustrating to watch them lose in the first round, but there is a big difference since then in Rankin's coaching philosophy. Rankin has always been a run first coach and pass only on desperate situations till somewhere just after the 2000 season. I think he realized after losing to Oakland in two straight years and watching them win the crown in 1999 when, yes OHS was talented, but most people from the Boro and in school during that time thought Riverdale had the better talent. Rankin was outcoached for two straight years and then something clicked. Its not that he was a bad coach before that, he was much better than most, but he got so use to winning with his system and his talent, and the thought of being outcoached had not really occurred that often to him. Yes Riverdale still runs the ball alot, its their bread and butter, but the way he has opened up the offense the past four years has been unbelieveable. Of the last four RHS teams that went to the state title game, probably one was good enough to get there, and three got there on Rankin simply outcoaching other teams(ex-Lincoln County last year who was much more talented than Riverdale). He has become a better coach for it, and he had to with two new high schools coming in and losing alot of the talent he usually gets. So yes the 99 team was talented, but this team is probably a little more talented and with Rankin evolving into the coach he is today, this team is alot different than 1999 one where if Rankin ever threw the ball before 3rd down, the whole crowd would gasp out of shock.

I did see the 1999 team play almost every single game that year actually. I agree totally that they were absolutely loaded that season, it was very frustrating to watch them lose in the first round, but there is a big difference since then in Rankin's coaching philosophy. Rankin has always been a run first coach and pass only on desperate situations till somewhere just after the 2000 season.  I think he realized after losing to Oakland in two straight years and watching them win the crown in 1999 when, yes OHS was talented, but most people from the Boro and in school during that time thought Riverdale had the better talent. Rankin was outcoached for two straight years and then something clicked. Its not that he was a bad coach before that, he was much better than most, but he got so use to winning with his system and his talent, and the thought of being outcoached had not really occurred that often to him. Yes Riverdale still runs the ball alot, its their bread and butter, but the way he has opened up the offense the past four years has been unbelieveable.  Of the last four RHS teams that went to the state title game, probably one was good enough to get there, and three got there on Rankin simply outcoaching other teams(ex-Lincoln County last year who was much more talented than Riverdale). He has become a better coach for it, and he had to with two new high schools coming in and losing alot of the talent he usually gets. So yes the 99 team was talented, but this team is probably a little more talented and with Rankin evolving into the coach he is today, this team is alot different than 1999 one where if Rankin ever threw the ball before 3rd down, the whole crowd would gasp out of shock.

825354188[/snapback]

as usual, i respectfully disagree. in both those games that you refer to, oakland just simply played better, especially in 2000 game, i think both teams were equal in talent and in coaching oakland just executed a little bit better. wont disagree with you about rankin though, if there was any question about how good he was before the last 3-4 years he certainly answered that question with authority taking his team to the blue cross bowl 4 straight year or whatever it is. i dont think riverdale's gameplan has changed that much, just changed to a point where they dont have 10 guys in a box now