Page-Marshall Co.

bulldog69

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Due to a death in the family I was unable to attend but caught the game on the internet. It was exciting and never a dull moment. It reminded me of the 99 game that was decided by a FG in the last min. and Page won 38-35.

This is a very young Page team..the whole o-line is Jun as well as most of the backfield. Several underclassmen also play defense and strong SR 's in there to provide leadership. Gonna be tough for those Tigers again next yr.

Work on those mistakes cause it will bite you down the road in our region

A win over over Marshall at Marshall is a GOOD one! Great Effort!

My money is on the tigers to really stir up the rest of the region in 5-3a in the remaining games.

Of course I am biased, but Page was very lucky to win this game. With Marshall County giving up the ball 5 times and Page only winning by 5 points is a pretty good recovery by the Tigers.

Either way the Pats won and this game is over and water under the bridge. The Tigers are nicked up a bit but hopefully will recover for another tough battle Friday evening.

Congrats to the Patriots and what seems to be the beginnings of some class appearing at Page High School, with both teams gathering for a post game prayer and showing good sportsmanship before, during and after the game.

See...mctiger....that didn't kill ya...........I said both teams were searching for themselves and in some ways they still are...this could if have been a blowout by the team who had no mistakes. It appeared by the radio that Your QB and RB were limping pretty bad. Hope they are ok. It looks like we all need our "guns" for the Region race to have a chance to win . We got away with a W this time. Meanwhile good luck the rest of the way.

MCtiger, No disrespect intended but you take away the faked field goal in which his me was down and should not have counted and the long run back on the kick off this game wouldn't even have been close. Not to mention Page's 3 turnovers. Page let up and let you all back in the game. But that is neither here nor there. Heard a nasty rumor that several players quit for the Tigers. I hope that is not true because there is tons of talent for you all.

Bulldog -- I talk to Coach Moffett every now and then. His son is in the band and he is at every game, just on the outside looking in. He also helps coach the girls softball team since his daughter will be on this years team as well as the basketball team.

Cowboys -- haven't heard anything about any one quitting. I have a new business and I don't get to associate with the guys like I once did. I hope no one has quit, they will need a good effort from everyone the rest of the year to be successful.

MCtiger,  No disrespect intended but you take away the faked field goal in which his me was down and should not have counted and the long run back on the kick off this game wouldn't even have been close.  Not to mention Page's 3 turnovers.  Page let up and let you all back in the game.  But that is neither here nor there.  Heard a nasty rumor that several players quit for the Tigers.  I hope that is not true because there is tons of talent for you all.

825351224[/snapback]

Well ya goof. Marshall had 4 turnovers, the fake is legal by rule, and Page had a first down given to them after lining up for a FG because of a very ifyyy taunting call. If not for that, youre right, it would not have been close!