Rutherford County Football Thread

Guest region4fan

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

region4fan and oakland2001,  Oakland, I think, leads the series in basketball games.  In the 1999-2000  season, Riverdale's boys team beat Oakland, but it was the first time in 20 years that this happened.

825362073[/snapback]

actually it was the 1st time they have beated oakland in 25 tries, a span of over 13 years, so to say oakland leads the series in basketball is a vast understatement, and we will extend that lead this year as well thumb

It's funny that nobody wants to talk about wrestling. The reason why is that Smyrna has had the most dominant tem in the county for the past 5-6 years. Just to give an idea of the dominance in 2003 we sent our JV team to the Rutherford Co. duals tournament and won easily. Smyrna has made Rutherford Co. respectable against all of the Williamson Co. schools. Also Smyrna track won the County meet in 2002 and would have won it in 2003 but thecoach left for Florida and his replacement was a joke. Smyrna has also dominated swimming with the exception of Oakland for the past 4-5 years too. And not to mention soccer. Rutherford Co. champs boys and girls since the tournament started 2 years ago.

Guest Oakland
It's funny that nobody wants to talk about wrestling. The reason why is that Smyrna has had the most dominant tem in the county for the past 5-6 years. Just to give an idea of the dominance in 2003 we sent our JV team to the Rutherford Co. duals tournament and won easily. Smyrna has made Rutherford Co. respectable against all of the Williamson Co. schools. Also Smyrna track won the County meet in 2002 and would have won it in 2003 but thecoach left for Florida and his replacement was a joke. Smyrna has also dominated swimming with the exception of Oakland for the past 4-5 years too. And not to mention soccer. Rutherford Co. champs boys and girls since the tournament started 2 years ago.

825362878[/snapback]

i dont think thats the reason nobody wants to talk about wrestling, its just not as popular of a sport as the other(football,basketball,baseball,softball,volleyball) i wouldnt say smyrna has dominated in swimming but is certainly pickup where oakland left off, dont think anybody will be able to touch oakland's streak of consecutive rutherford co championships as far as swimming goes

Guest Oakland
If MTSU recruited the way Riverdale recruits they would win the SUn Belt championship in every sport

825362961[/snapback]

that was uncalled for, thanks on locking our thread since everytime so brings this up on a thread it gets locked :huh:

funny how riverdale is finally able to win in golf when oakland graduates their whole team, nobody cares about volleyball. and now we come to basketball, it will be the same ole same ole with riverdale, great talent and good team but burks chokes it away

825361167[/snapback]

Well if nobody cares about volleyball well who cares about any other sport but football because lets face it we are in the south. The football captiol of the world. Besides CA the south has the hardest state football programs around. But granted that Oak Land has had its glory and its own greats. what of the present? I think that even My alma mauter will eventually lose some its flair. I heard stories about The Green Wave and it's greatness in Football well not to look down apon The Wave but they aren't the Titans of football as they once were. and any way not trying to start any fuss or bad blood Its football that Murfreesboro is known for. I will leave it at that

If MTSU recruited the way Riverdale recruits they would win the SUn Belt championship in every sport

825362961[/snapback]

Prove it. Because I can ensure you that no Riverdale coach of faculty member activly recruits players from other high schools. part of it is alot of guys just want to play for a winning team and the ring on my finger makes it pretty darn attractive

Guest Oakland
Well if nobody cares about volleyball well who cares about any other sport but football because lets face it we are in the south. The football captiol of the world. Besides CA the south has the hardest state football programs around. But granted that Oak Land has had its glory and its own greats. what of the present? I think that even My alma mauter will eventually lose some its flair. I heard stories about The Green Wave and it's greatness in Football well not to look down apon The Wave but they aren't the Titans of football as they once were. and any way not trying to start any fuss or bad blood Its football that Murfreesboro is known for. I will leave it at that

825362972[/snapback]

maybe true but ask those siegel students which sport they care about, they will tell ya bball and tennis(thats for you hoolie). love football as much as the next but its so much fun when you can do what you do during football season all over against with basketball,baseball and other sports. your right, oakland has had their glory years and is rebuilding from the ground up. trust when i say it wont take oakland long to get back to its feet, HC at central middle has his son playing for oakland, which should swing a lot of players from central to oakland, and we will the occasional few players from siegel middle as well. central middle is 6-1-1 this year so oakland has laid the foundation for a strong future, particularly a certain tb who will remind people of a certain tb that plays for riverdale right now, ill keep my info at that probably told ya too much to begin with

maybe true but ask those siegel students which sport they care about, they will tell ya bball and tennis(thats for you hoolie). love football as much as the next but its so much fun when you can do what you do during football season all over against with basketball,baseball and other sports. your right, oakland has had their glory years and is rebuilding from the ground up. trust when i say it wont take oakland long to get back to its feet, HC at central middle has his son playing for oakland, which should swing a lot of players from central to oakland, and we will the occasional few players from siegel middle as well. central middle is 6-1-1 this year so oakland has laid the foundation for a strong future, particularly a certain tb who will remind people of a certain tb that plays for riverdale right now, ill keep my info at that probably told ya too much to begin with

825362979[/snapback]

That is Siegal no offense to them but our JV team could give them a run for their money. now i will make no comments on tennis since I have never played the sport and am not familiar with it I have no right to discuss it Baskettball wasn't the sport for me personally but I love to watch it and some of my best friends from High School were Baseball players but at the days end what is and has been the money maker in the area? Football. When I was a kid we lived in IN for a few years up there football is nothing and Basket ball is the sport of gods to them and wrestling, they are fanatics. Here in the south in general its football. I guess that I am just a football fanatic and will have go to pasture some day

central middle is 6-1-1 this year so oakland has laid the foundation for a strong future, particularly a certain tb who will remind people of a certain tb that plays for riverdale right now, ill keep my info at that probably told ya too much to begin with

825362979[/snapback]

You wouldn't happen to be talking about that Precious Valentine kid are ya oakland. I figured Rankin would have already had his hands all on that kid to come to Riverdale, or at least one of his stooges after him.