"Grad's Greatest"

GradfromtheNest

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One last comment to try and explain my view. I can see that you wont see it my way, but anyway, thats why we like debate I guess.

Boyd-Buchanan, CPA = Upper Echelon in Class 1A

Riverdale, D-B, OR = Upper Echelon in Class 5A

Ooltewah, Soddy < Upper Echelon in Class 5A.......for now.

Boyd, CPA, nor anyone, as has been said, competes with Riverdales. But they would and do, on occasions, win against average to above average higher classified teams. I, for one, would like to see Soddy/Ooltewah battle it out for a trip to the Boro, but it wont happen because of playoff format. But maybe one of them can represent Chatt. in the Blue Cross Bowl. We'll have to wait and see.

If Tyner and Ooltewah are on top of their games, I think Tyner would give Ooltewah fits, but Ooltewah would win, because of their all around game. It's Tyner's quickness that will keep them in a game with Ooltewah. If anything, Ooltewah is not quite as dominating when their competition can match them with their quickness.

Of course that is typically the case for most teams, but Ooltewah has more than just speed. They have some size and their line is pretty good. Also, probably the best linebacking core in East TN. (I understand that Riverdale's linebackers are equally as good.) I also don't think that Tyner has the depth that Ooltewah has, and that would likely be the difference in a full game.