Rockwood VS. Alcoa

cowboyboom

While I think Alcoa will win, I really love the Rockwood secondary as well. David Morgan, Moffitt and company are so intelligent and do a good job. Now, they haven't played a quarterback like they will face Friday night, but I do believe they have a top notch secondary.

The Tigers will have to shorten the game. 6-7 minute drives that produce points. But after those drives they have to do something to stop the Tornados' big plays. I think it will be closer than most think, but Alcoa comes out with the win.

QB Corey Payne is completing between 55-60 percent of his passes for around 400 yards. He hasn't thrown a pick all season.

No. 2 Ellery Harvest and No. 23 TreShawn Pendergrass are their leading rushers. Both between 350-400 yards. No. 22 Billy Moffitt doesn't get as many carries but he is a big play type player.

Rockwood is a very balanced team. They have about five runnung backs that will see action in the backfield and they also have about four receivers of equal abilty.

825357215[/snapback]

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alcoa is loaded and is expected to be a contender for state. Rockwood has been a surprise to people including Rockwood fans. The paper matchup leans heavily towards Alcoa. The scores from common opponents lean towards Alcoa. I am also sure that most people think that Alcoa is the better team and is heavily favored to come out with the victory on there home field. We will see come Friday night what the outcome is. Rockwood has a huge obstacle to overcome. Alcoa is loaded and should be a huge contender for state. In a sense, Alcoa has all the pressure on them. Every Coach in the Region chose Alcoa as the team to beat. The media no matter where they are from has Alcoa being the team to beat. With Fiegler, Warren, Lyndsey, and a host of others, it would be a huge upset by any standards if Rockwood wins.

The scary part is, while I think Rockwood has a really good secondary, Alcoa has the ability to make a great secondary look bad.

Of course we all know, that the key to any secondary is the entire defensive play. The D line must get pressure and the linebackers have to do their part. Just to be honest, and I know my passport to Rockwood will get revoked for this, Rockwood must play a perfect game and Alcoa will need to be a little off for the Tigers to win this game.

Everyone loves talking Alcoa's big three, but they have so many more weapons and talented players than those we hear about. Coach Webb and his staff are good...and will have a great gameplan. But I am sure many teams have had great plans against good teams that just didn't work.

Well Tank, I'm interested to see this match-up between Rockwood's secondary and Alcoa's receiving corp.  Alcoa features Brandon Warren, Kyrus Lanxter, and Brian Summer who have about 15, 11, and 8 catches for about, 325, 175, and 200 yards respectively, should be exciting.

825357423[/snapback]

I agree with you Tank, and so do many Rockwood fans. Rockwood has to play a perfect game, and Alcoa needs to be off theirs. Its just the way it is, Alcoa has so much talent you can't just focus on one person.

Crap, CoachT really needs to take down his site for today, so I don't keep getting on here. I need to be packing.

Edited by XtremeLoco

Whoa, this should be quite a game.

Alcoa is loaded, no doubt about that, losing only two key players, this team has exactly that: a team mentality.

I've seen these Alcoa boys play against the big dog, Maryville and they held their own.

However, Rockwood has always been one to be underestimated. (Think sweetwater last year). I see the tigers really preparing hard for this game. With an impressive defense, as usual, and the tiger offense really getting opened up this year, I see a much closer game than you guys are predicting.

Honestly, the talent of the tiger team doesn't match the athleticism of a speedier Alcoa, but I know these rockwood boys, and they're tire of heartbreaking losses.

Good luck tigers, don't disappoint me.