Boyd-Buchanan @ South Pittsburg

doithard,doitright,ordoitagain

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It really is a sad that this will be the last regular-season regional match-up between these two teams. There have been some great games the last 8 years, and I think that both teams have made each other better by the level of competition. There's not much love between the two programs, but there is a whole lot of respect for the quality of each program.

I don't think SP can keep it close in this one. SP just is not the strong team they have been. The irony is that I would love to see just one more nail-biter between these two teams with a regional title or playoff game at stake. However, I'll be perfectly happy for Boyd to score early and often while shutting the SP offense down.

Prediction: Boyd 47 - SP 0

If Boyd can shut SP out, they have a great chance of going through region play without being scored on.

Anyone know if they plan to keep on playing each other after Boyd moves up to 2-A? Probably would still be a good rivalry to keep going.

Boyd will come out strong against south pitt despite them being really flat against east ridge. BTW whitwell will not beat south pitt.

TOO MUCH SPEED!!!

825355366[/snapback]

Coach Green does a great job of getting Whitwell up for one game a year that no one in the world would give them much of a chance in winning.

2001 - Boyd Buchanan ( last team in the region to beat the mighty bucs )

2002 & 2003 - Sequatchie County

2003 - Marion County

2004 - Might be the year that Coach Green picks South Pittsburg to get up for. BEWARE, BEWARE, BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To bad Whitwell can get up for only one team out of ten a year.

The score will be a pitiful site. Boyd's coaching staff will determine the outcome. For all you young SP player's I hope you can stay out of harm's way. You'll be good in about two more year's. Boyd, you people have a team and I mean a team, not one or two special player's. Good luck in winning the 1A state championship again. Prediction- SP-0 Boyd-70, if Boyd's coaches are in a good mood.