Maryville over William Blount

GovMan

i disagree with the statement that the county coaches wouldnt know what to do with the talent Maryville has. i was watching soccer at everett football field yesterday and a team of 6 and 7 yearolds had their hair painted green and the coaches hair were pink. is this a lack of discipline, no just kids having fun. does william blount show a lack of discipline because of a few players haircut. no , just trying to express themselfs. i think maybe FBE is from the old school of football. it is easy to question someones thinking when your team has depth, when you dont have the depth you play who you have to to win the game.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are right that a hair cut doesn't change the complete luck of a team, it was a suggestion... Of course why would WB want to maybe change somethin.... Oh yeah, because they're winless after 5 games... Maybe a lil' disipline will serve them right maybe it wont... But what they're doin now.... That's not helping, somethin new might be a good idea. How'd that 6 and 7 year old soccer turn out??

William Blount fans I hate to say it but I don't believe the discipline is going to come around, it certainly isn't Meadows' style. At Alcoa in 2001 we had great shot of winning state, but it was all shot down due to lack of discipline, when one of our players was flagged for a Dallas Baker, (aka unsportsmanlike conduct), after a play was over that cost us the game in the state semi-finals. Also, every Monday morning of the next week, our principal would get calls from coaches saying that our players had no class, discipline, or respect, and they hated playing against us.

I really hope this doesn't happen to WB. Disciplined teams will go far; look at Quarles and Reid at Maryville and Alcoa, they have two of the more disciplined teams around. If WB can get that discipline, good things will definitely come with all that talent.

Hey boyz!

Football Emeritus...it shames me that you call yourself a rebel supporter. Hair styles have nothing to do with ability. From what I saw all of William Blount's kids had mowhawks or some type of unique hair style.

I am confident they will not win or lose by how they style their hair. I heard some of the same grumblings from the William Blount faithful, but I don't think it was sour grapes, I think they are just frustrated for their kids.

I saw the same green haired little boyz at the Everett soccer matches last week. I personally don't like that coach because he is loud and obnoxious. However, is that a fair statement. One could also say he is enthusiastic and motivated.

Our red rebel machine is nothing to be compared to. WE (rebel fans) don't need to add fuel to the fire by suggesting we are better because of our non-desheveled appearance. I do agree team discipline is needed in any program, but to suggest Meadow's doesn't have it, because of these boyz' haircuts is ludicrous.

I have had issues with you before, because I know we didn't date when you were younger because I wouldn't date an arrogant person like you. However, I can't fault you for moving to our community and falling in love with the red rebels. It is easy to love a winner and a winning program.

Take the high road! The red rebels have the best talent that can be locally recruited and everyone knows it. That is not sour grapes that is fact! They also pay their coaches and teachers more so one could make the argument that these folks are better. I don't necessarily believe that. Nothing could compare to the elementary education I received at Rush Strong and the High School education at Walland.

I am not sure Suzette is gonna like you much anymore FBE! However, Starz you are still #1 in mammy and deddy's eye!

Love you boyz!

:D

I agree with your post Govman. You don't label a community because of a few idiots.  I find it funny how Maryville is labeled as rich kids.I also find it funny how Maryville fans are labeled as stuck up snobs and arrogant.

95% of the William Blount,Alcoa,Heritage and Maryville fans have class.

825355744[/snapback]

hey rebelron, would i be one of the 5% that dont have class?

Hey boyz!

I am confident they will not win or lose by how they style their hair. 

Nothing could compare to the elementary education I received at Rush Strong....

I am not sure Suzette is gonna like you much anymore FBE!  However, Starz you are still #1 in mammy and deddy's eye!

Love you boyz!

:D

825356629[/snapback]

Suz, hit never bothered me when I went out with a girl and she had a better 'tache and sideburns than I did.

Suz, I felt the same about Allywick, before I flunked out the hard Blount County Schools. When I was down at Allywick, I had a buddy who was real popular with the gurls. He studied very hard for his driver's license and passed his first test in many years. Needless to say, we all thought he was the burries. I mean, how many 6th graders got to drive a SS 396 Chevelle to school. The gurls was impressed.

The hardest whippin' I ever saw him get in school was for not shavin' in the third grade. Really he wasn't the smartest feller in school work, but that cat could build a Rat motor with his eyes closed.

In the words of Rainbow, tell mammy and deddy Starz sez, "Hey, hey."

Go Rebs.

Edited by STARSNBARS

hey rebelron, would i be one of the 5% that dont have class?

825357082[/snapback]

Good to finally meet you Raider. You are NOT one of the 5%. The bull horn is a nice touch, I don't care what TSSAA says. They didn't like boom boxes when I was in school either.

FBE is right. Discipline starts with the small things. It might be haircuts or everyone wearing the same gear and cleats. It starts with the little nit picky things. It's worked for our armed forces for 300+ years, I suspect it works with young football players too.

I was really torn, but it was good to see WB come away with some positives Friday nite. True they did beat our freshmen 14-7, but it's something Meadows can build on. If I were him, I'd take the tape of that first scoring drive and watch it over and over with the whole team, then got out for haircuts and pizza hahaha. thumb

Blount has some skilled athletes with speed. They need to tighten down on defense though or they'll have an uphill fight till they do.

As far as the haircuts and pizza go, let me recommend Bellacino's for the pizza, and for the haircuts Paul, Cecil, or Patti at Broadway Barber Shop.

Go Rebs.

825357421[/snapback]

Yep, defense is definitely their biggest of the big problems. It's good to be having a positive convo about them, instead of the crap we discussed last week. hopefully they'll do better here on out, but it'll hinge on D.

Bellacino's....yum. You buying lunch today? :D

You're going to expensive for a buzz cut bro. They need to go to Broadway barbershop and pay $6 each.