Maryville over William Blount

GovMan

Hey boyz!

It was a great game!  The red rebel machine that me, Ted Wilson and Suzette have recruited for the last 25 years was in place and rolling!  As I watched the game all I could think about is man what a dynasty our recruiting has created.

I mean even in the over 30 category at half-time you could see the prowess of the lone county-boy Larry Headrick.  If I remember correctly ole Larry went to Fairview with me and then when I was swayed, I was able to sway him to Maryville Junior High and the rest rebel fans is history.

Maryville year in and year out is the highest recruited, best coached well oiled machine out there.  The cupcakes were great!  I talked to Starz and Rebelsman last night, but of course they are still amiss as to who I was!

I looked all over the place for the "outed" govman.  Now that I know who he is I can't ever find him.  I guess he was on the opposing sideline.

As for the tripping divot...that is the grass that I told Ted to put in about 20 years ago.  It seems he and Don Story got in a little tiff over it, Ted left to greener pastures, Don moved in to coach and donate a lot of money and the grass remained to help trip up Osborne on what surely was destined to be a William Blount score.

Well enough said, the Red Rebels didn't pull the line and if I were a bettin' girl...I would have lost some of my a@#.  However, I am not, and my arse looks as good as ever!  It sure is a shame all those county boyz and their sons and daughters have seen the light and being highly educated in the stately halls of rebel land!

What a game, bring on Larry Stephens, who I used to date...and the Powell Panthers!  Heck, we may let Larry Headrick play third team quarterback!

Love you boyz!

:P

825355405[/snapback]

Suz, that wasn't the "grass" growin' up behind the old barn was it. Saw Ted at the Alcoa game a few weeks back and Ted said to say to tell you "hi." Coincidentally, I saw Rainbow at Five Point restuarant last week and he said, you guessed it, "hey, hey."

I think GQ may have helped his buddy Scott out and cost us not pullin' the line. And yes Suz, when you get to the top of the (Nebo) Mountain, you can look over and see "the light." That is, if it's not a truck load of tires burnin' in the road.

Maybe you Suz and Suzette can get Cait to come over and help Rodney when roundball starts. Won't need no tuition for folks to get upset about anyhow. She's a city girl from down on Woodlawn. Hear she's a big Red and Black football fan as well.

Hopefully, Kenna will fax us all the Powell offense.

Can't wait for another Halloween on the Mountain. Save a few blastin' caps for me.

Starz.

Go Rebs.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good game for Maryville.  Score did not indicate how much Maryville dominated.  Cade again had a good game.  Sophomores looked good.

Seemed like the talk around where I was sitting, was about how the WB fans cheered like they scored a TD after something happens, that most people wouldn't get to exstatic about.  I personnaly have never seen a crowd cheer that loud after they stop an RB for 5 yards.  Which isn't a bad thing.  If we all cheered like that all of the time, it would give the team a boost.

Powell should be a tougher opponent next week.

825355415[/snapback]

No question .. a lot of WB fans were a little more pumped up and tried to cheer a little more than normal over even some routine stuff and even in a losing effort. I believe it was a group of good, supportive people trying to let their players--and the world--know that we're not ALL as bad as John Brice (Daily Times) or Dyron Bledsoe (Alcoa teacher & coach) make us out to be. You can go to any game (including Maryville, Alcoa, Heritage, etc.) and hear one or two obnoxious, uninformed, out-of-line fans yell things they have no business yelling. But it's wrong to judge and label a whole school and community based on that small minority.

I was involved in Alcoa's program in the early 90's and I saw and heard some stuff from some fans that you couldn't believe. But I NEVER just lumped the entire Alcoa program together and discredited them because of it. It would have been wrong then ... and it's still wrong now.

Edited by GovMan

I agree 95% have class, but walking to my car last night I had some words with some mad WB fans. I know the guys and I also know they are just frustrated, but it was a great night. I'm really tired of hearing what WB could do with all the kids Maryville has "That should be going to county schools." Simple truth is the county coaches wouldn’t know to do with most of the talent Maryville has to begin with!!

Props to WB, those kids fought hard to the end. I do think there are two things the WB staff could do to improve the team.

First when WB got off the bus and went on to the field I observed that some of the players had left their jerseys off and had tee shirts on only. To me this is lack of team discipline and uniformity. If a few MHS players did that, GQ would have a cow.

Secondly, some of those young me should check their hair cuts! A mow hawk is a silly way to look, period. They should know are representing their school and should be neatly groomed.

Some might think these things a petty; I think they demonstrate a lack of discipline.

Another key point. Depth! WB is a 5A school. What in the heck is the starting QB, Wall doing in the secondary in the 4th qtr? To many kids going both ways will only hurt the growth of the program. Get some of those younger in the game, especially when it is obvious your team is out of the game after the first half!

Another hard fought ballgame by the Govs. I think we saw them turning the corner on their season friday night. I wouldn't at all be suprised if this bunch pulled off a huge upset before the season is out. Meadows, Govs, and the rest of the coaching staff and administration, we're all behind you, keep working hard.

Think like a Champion,

Act like a Champion,

Work like a Champion, and

You'll BE a Champion!

G.A.B.

http://members.aol.com/govsagainstbrice/index.htm

Another hard fought ballgame by the Govs.  I think we saw them turning the corner on their season friday night.  I wouldn't at all be suprised if this bunch pulled off a huge upset before the season is out.  Meadows, Govs, and the rest of the coaching staff and administration, we're all behind you, keep working hard.

Think like a Champion,

Act like a Champion,

Work like a Champion, and

You'll BE a Champion!

G.A.B.

http://members.aol.com/govsagainstbrice/index.htm

825356045[/snapback]

Get some sort of pass game, then you can talk about WB possibly pulling an upset

I agree 95% have class, but walking to my car last night I had some words with some mad WB fans.  I know the guys and I also know they are just frustrated, but it was a great night.  I'm really tired of hearing what WB could do with all the kids Maryville has "That should be going to county schools."  Simple truth is the county coaches wouldn’t know to do with most of the talent Maryville has to begin with!!

Props to WB, those kids fought hard to the end.  I do think there are two things the WB staff could do to improve the team.

First when WB got off the bus and went on to the field I observed that some of the players had left their jerseys off and had tee shirts on only.  To me this is lack of team discipline and uniformity.  If a few MHS players did that, GQ would have a cow.

Secondly, some of those young me should check their hair cuts!  A mow hawk is a silly way to look, period.  They should know are representing their school and should be neatly groomed.

Some might think these things a petty; I think they demonstrate a lack of discipline.

Another key point.  Depth!  WB is a 5A school.  What in the heck is the starting QB, Wall doing in the secondary in the 4th qtr?  To many kids going both ways will only hurt the growth of the program.  Get some of those younger in the game, especially when it is obvious your team is out of the game after the first half!

825355952[/snapback]

Once again, you've proved two things: You know little or nothing about football and you're a Nazi.

Who are YOU to tell a frickin' kid how to cut his hair? Eliminate self-expression and you might as well arrange their dang marriage.

I agree 95% have class, but walking to my car last night I had some words with some mad WB fans.  I know the guys and I also know they are just frustrated, but it was a great night.  I'm really tired of hearing what WB could do with all the kids Maryville has "That should be going to county schools."  Simple truth is the county coaches wouldn’t know to do with most of the talent Maryville has to begin with!!

Secondly, some of those young me should check their hair cuts!  A mow hawk is a silly way to look, period.  They should know are representing their school and should be neatly groomed.

Another key point.  Depth!  WB is a 5A school.  What in the heck is the starting QB, Wall doing in the secondary in the 4th qtr?  To many kids going both ways will only hurt the growth of the program.  Get some of those younger in the game, especially when it is obvious your team is out of the game after the first half!

825355952[/snapback]

FBE,

#1 - Resent the statement about the county coaches.

#2 - I've been at severa...several...Maryville athletic events (football and basketball) where I've heard uninformed, disgusted fans complaining about the coaching. And yes, I'm even talking about the GQ era. Do I now label the whole school because of that?

#3 - I don't like the haircuts either !!!

I'm gonna have to support FBE on this topic. When I played at Maryville, GQ forced us to get our haircuts short and neat. When my brother played Coach Tim Hammontree forced them to get their hair cut short and neat. If we weren't shaved, he would make us dry shave in the bathroom. He also made sure we were always dressed alike on Friday nights... These things might not make you a better football team. But they definitley made us respect the coaches. It also made us all closer to know we were all under the same jurisdiction and there was nothing we could do about it. We had respect for our coaches, or feared them... But whichever it was they got results from us... A few state championships~ WB needs to grow as a team before they can begin beating others...