Oak Ridge vs. McMinn County

boyfromsi

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oak Ridge took a very quick 21-0 lead in the 1st. McMinn then came back and scored 14 unanswered. McMinn stopped Oak Ridge on a big 3rd down in mcminn territory but that was nullified by a personal foul, Oak Ridge went on to score the next play. McMinn was down 35-14 at half i think, and they got to within 14 points when Matt Moody threw an interception(James got hurt in the 2nd quarter i think and im pretty sure its a seperated shoulder, best of luck to him). That INT took the life out of them. Oak Ridge went on to score many more. Gulmire impressed me a lot, he showed a lot of quickness.

oak ridge looked real good tonight.  i hope there player that got hurt is ok...any word on what the injury was and how he is doing?

825364512[/snapback]

unfortunately, it was a compound fracture. he is in good spirits though. keep him in your prayers if you don't mind. thanks. he is having surgery as we speak.

I would like if everyone would pray for Emmanuel Isang. He was a real strong member to the team and it just hurts that he's out for the year. But that's how it goes in this game. On the subject of McMinn. They gave out a pretty strong competition. At first it seemed like it was over with us scoring 3 touchdowns in the first like...2 minutes. However, they kept fighting and gave us a scare. I give my respect to most of the players too. They showed class like helping our runners up after every play. Speaking of runner's Spencer also broke the record for most touchdowns in a game. He got 6 and the record was 5. So congrats to him. And good look to McMinn with the rest of their season

I would like to say that the Cherokees showed a lot of heart last night in the game. When they went down 21-0 very early, they could have given up then, but they didnt and they pulled to within 14. I wonder what will happen with the QB situation now, will they put Moody in there, or Devon. I thought Devon looked pretty good when he was in although i think it was against 2nd team.

And i would like to pray for the best for Emmanuel Isang and James Carr.

Edited by gimme3