Oak Ridge vs. McMinn County

boyfromsi

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems that every year, OR has a division 1 prospect or at least a solid 1AA prospect. Who should we be looking for this year when you roll into Athens? Also, I would like to know if DB was that good or was it one of those nights for OR? I hope the Tribe has more confidence than most of their "fans", lol. I back 'em no matter what, because I know how hard they work. I just wish some of those great football minds around Athens would either coach or play so we could see how a program is supposed to run, lol! GO TRIBE! GO VOLS!

825362545[/snapback]

Yea, they need Red81PKsmash. BOTTOMLINE!

Straight up... I watched my DB Indians play OR twice last season and @ OR this season. The only game I have ever seen McMinn Co play was last year in the playoffs in Kingsport. Don't hold your breath for very long after 7:30 Friday Night Tribe Fans. This OR team is better than last years team, and they are doing it without the likes of their all time leading Rusher Cory Booker. Spencer Gulmire does just fine, thank you very much. And the Wildcat Defense is very strong against the run. I don't think McMinn Co will have the passing attack that the DB Indians does, and that is what it take to compete with this team. OR is very fisical, as always.

Roll Wildcats Roll

Hope to see you in Playoff week 4

Giddy Up!!

Edited by ArtVandalay

It seems that every year, OR has a division 1 prospect or at least a solid 1AA prospect. Who should we be looking for this year when you roll into Athens? Also, I would like to know if DB was that good or was it one of those nights for OR? I hope the Tribe has more confidence than most of their "fans", lol. I back 'em no matter what, because I know how hard they work. I just wish some of those great football minds around Athens would either coach or play so we could see how a program is supposed to run, lol! GO TRIBE! GO VOLS!

825362545[/snapback]

Look for James Mitchell #44, Middle Linebacker. He broke the all-time leading tackles record while still a Junior. He anchors a pretty tough defense.

boyfromsi - How do you think this year's Oak Ridge team compares to last years team?  ArtVandalay seems to think this years team is better.

825362763[/snapback]

I think they are farther along at this point. It really helps to have an experienced QB leading the offense. What makes that impressive is that we have 7 first year starters on offense and 8 first year starters on defense. So I have to agree with ArtVandalay and say we are better this year.

I look for McMinn to come out in a spread offense and try and throw the ball all over the field, also I believe you will see several trick plays. The reason I say this is because from what I have been told and read OR is very strong againist the run and McMinn has not had very much success in the running game. The Tribe must show a balanced attack in order to have any kind of a chance. GO TRIBE!!!!!

I look for McMinn to come out in a spread offense and try and throw the ball all over the field, also I believe you will see several trick plays. The reason I say this is because from what I have been told and read OR is very strong againist the run and McMinn has not had very much success in the running game. The Tribe must show a balanced attack in order to have any kind of a chance. GO TRIBE!!!!!

825362932[/snapback]

Hmmm.... just like Sevier County did? I really hope the McMinn throws the ball around, we could use the work.

Red81KPsmash I am so glad to see that you are still with us, I was worried that you might have given up your practice of posting on CoachT. Do you have any words of wisdom for the Cherokees game tonight. Maybe we could call our new offense the shuck and duck instead of the Wing T.

825363003[/snapback]

Offense is not the Patriots strong point this year, either. Keep the boys up and they will perform. If the need to feel better, show them their old coaches record :huh: !

I wonder if the Patriots will go after their favorite son Hutchins @ SD to kick start a program that is not playing up to their potential. Even though Daugherty @ McMinn has some support from the community his teams need to win and not show so much confussion with personnel problems and delays of game, that is what most of the disgrundled fans are complaining about. Of course when you have inexperience both on the staff and on the field those problems are bound to happen, but I believe those things will take care of themselves as time goes by and the players and coaches get into their comfort zone. Us loyal Tribe supporters will be their through thick and thin we just do not like these thin times. GO TRIBE!!!