Oak Ridge vs. McMinn County

boyfromsi

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like being the underdog againist a great team like OR, because no one gives McMinn a chance in h_ _ l to compete againist them. Sure McMinn might get blown out or McMinn could pull off the biggest upset in 5-A football this year, like I said this is the reason we play the game.

What kind of a crowd will OR bring? McMinn had approx. 5,500 fans @ their game last week (not bad for a team that was 1-3) the Tribe faithful will continue to support their team and coaching staff even though nobody gives us a chance to be competitive. GO TRIBE!!!!!!

What kind of a crowd will OR bring? McMinn had approx. 5,500 fans @ their game last week (not bad for a team that was 1-3) the Tribe faithful will continue to support their team and coaching staff even though nobody gives us a chance to be competitive. GO TRIBE!!!!!!

825358652[/snapback]

We should bring a very good crowd. It might be a little down because our band will be off to a competition :ph34r: However, we travel well. I'm glad the McMinn community is supporting their team in tough times. I am looking forward to a good game; probably not as lopsided as the non Oak Ridgers have been writing about. If we get the line play like we got last week, then I like our chances.

Edited by boyfromsi

Sure boyfromsi I would agree that this game might be a little closer then some people want to admit for two reasons. The first is McMinn will probably throw caution to the wind because they know that if they lose this game the likleyhood of them reaching the playoffs for the 12 consecutive year in a row is slim to none and slim is getting on the bus. The second reason McMinn might have a chance is OR might be looking down the road to the Ooltewah game, OR might fall into the trap of McMInn being 2-3 and 0-2 in the region and think that they should not be a threat.

Now with that said I realize OR is a very tallanted football team, but the thing that makes them so good is their coaching staff and their ability to prepare their team for their upcoming opponent. If they keep OR focused then they will be successful. if they allow them to waiver then they could have problems. Either way it will be a huge task for the Cherokees to defeat the Wildcats. GO TRIBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love the smack, but you need to leave personal attacks on players out of it. Coaches make decisions on what they feel is best for the team. Trust me, they(and family and friends) get more grief than you can imagine over their decisions. The players are kids trying to do the best they can. If you are capable of better, then go for it. If you are already out of high school, as some of you are, why didn't you play? Support your team, support your classmates and trash on the other team! McMinn has the skill players and the defense (assuming they can get off the field) to compete. But like any football game, you win or lose in the trenches and needs a phenomenal game from the o-line. I will be pulling for the Tribe, knowing they will do their best.

I am writing this in response to tribefans comment about the Chargers. Honestly, what do you expect to happen when a much bigger 5A school plays probably the smallest 3A school in the state. Of course McMinn is going to win. But if Central did win, you all would consider it a fluke. And when you all beat Central, its like the best thing that has ever happened to MCHS (as if it never happens or something). I'm proud of the Chargers and the way they are playing, they have more heart than Mcminn ever thought about having. Now as for McMinn playing Oak Ridge, it won't even be a contest. Oak Ridge and Soddy Daisy both are going to beat McMinn like a drum. My prediction for the game is Oak Ridge--63 McMinn--0........Go Chargers.

You're just mad cause yall got destroyed. You guys always come back and talk about the difference in size of the school, well you all talk and talk about how you're going to win every single year, and it never happens, so dont come back after you talk and say how much bigger our school is, take the loss like a man.

As for the game, i expect Oak Ridge to win, but you never know with the game at "The TeePee."

Heart is always good but Central got destroyed by a McMinn team that is way down this year. If the size of the school is gonna be your excuse every time, then dont try sayin that Central is gonna win this year. If McMinn is too big of a school, then just don't play us. I'm sure the only people that would miss it from McMinn is the players that get in that one and only game. And Gimme3, i dont care if the game is at the "teepee" Oak Ridge wins big

Sure boyfromsi I would agree that this game might be a little closer then some people want to admit for two reasons. The first is McMinn will probably throw caution to the wind because they know that if they lose this game the likleyhood of them reaching the playoffs for the 12 consecutive year in a row is slim to none and slim is getting on the bus. The second reason McMinn might have a chance is OR might be looking down the road to the Ooltewah game, OR might fall into the trap of McMInn being 2-3 and 0-2 in the region and think that they should not be a threat.

Now with that said I realize OR is a very tallanted football team, but the thing that makes them so good is their coaching staff and their ability to prepare their team for their upcoming opponent. If they keep OR focused then they will be successful. if they allow them to waiver then they could have problems. Either way it will be a huge task for the Cherokees to defeat the Wildcats. GO TRIBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

825358873[/snapback]

Speaking of game preparation, the local paper in Athens said that the Cherokees have gone back to the basic wing-t offense for last week's game. Does that mean we will see a lot of double wing like we did last year? I remember last year that little screen to Milsaps was the best play that McMinn ran against us. Does McMinn have a passing game?