Oak Ridge vs. McMinn County

boyfromsi

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boyfromsi what is being said in Oak Ridge about the game between OR and McMinn? Most of the chatter in Athens is that OR will win by atleast 3-4 touchdowns. As a supporter of the Tribe I hope the game is more competitive than that but if we play like we did againist Ooltewah then things could be bad. Hopefully McMinn will play inspired football and make plays when the opportunity presents itself. GO TRIBE!!!

From what I have heard, we have a healthy amount of respect for McMinn, especially on defense, even though you all have struggled this season. We are used to teams that struggle against others and then bring their "A" game against us. If you are wondering whether or not we are looking ahead, all of the talk this week has been about the Cherokees. This is pretty focused group of guys right now. Like others have said I want to see both teams play hard and hope that no one gets hurt.

Go Cats!!

No it is not Homecoming, we played that game last week againist McMinn Central. We were smart enough not to schedule OR for Homecoming again after the beating we took in 2002.

I would have thought that Booker would have played @ a bigger school then Tusculum, maybe even a SEC team.

Hey boyfromsi, please tell me that the topic of the article is a mistake. Because we have only averaged scoring 13 points per game. It says that OR will have to contend with strong McMinn offense, should that not be defense?

Edited by TribeFan

I am writing this in response to tribefans comment about the Chargers.  Honestly, what do you expect to happen when a much bigger 5A school plays probably the smallest 3A school in the state.  Of course McMinn is going to win.  But if Central did win, you all would consider it a fluke.  And when you all beat Central, its like the best thing that has ever happened to MCHS (as if it never happens or something).  I'm proud of the Chargers and the way they are playing, they have more heart than Mcminn ever thought about having.  Now as for McMinn playing Oak Ridge, it won't even be a contest.  Oak Ridge and Soddy Daisy both are going to beat McMinn like a drum.  My prediction for the game is Oak Ridge--63 McMinn--0........Go Chargers.

825359370[/snapback]

It would be a "fluke", as long as the Tribe has any kind of an athletic team, central does not have a chance.. You say, and I quote, " when you beat centra, its like the best thing that ever happened to MCHS".. Thats not the case, the tribe just likes to see the sad look on your face after another loss.. The whole thing about heart, thats a joke.. You have alot of nerve saying the tribe is going to get beat like a drum, all I will say is 43 to NOTHING!!!!!!!!.. I hope the tribe plays well this week... Good Luck...

No it is not Homecoming, we played that game last week againist McMinn Central. We were smart enough not to schedule OR for Homecoming again after the beating we took in 2002.

I would have thought that Booker would have played @ a bigger school then Tusculum, maybe even a SEC team.

Hey boyfromsi, please tell me that the topic of the article is a mistake. Because we have only averaged scoring 13 points per game. It says that OR will have to contend with strong McMinn offense, should that not be defense?

825362205[/snapback]

I thought both articles were interesting. No, the title is right, the article is about the Cherokee offense. Don't know why, but that is what the paper decided to write about. Again, looking forward to a good game. I'll be with the tailgaters early.

Go Cats!!

It seems that every year, OR has a division 1 prospect or at least a solid 1AA prospect. Who should we be looking for this year when you roll into Athens? Also, I would like to know if DB was that good or was it one of those nights for OR? I hope the Tribe has more confidence than most of their "fans", lol. I back 'em no matter what, because I know how hard they work. I just wish some of those great football minds around Athens would either coach or play so we could see how a program is supposed to run, lol! GO TRIBE! GO VOLS!