JCM (6-0) vs Haywood County (5-0)

VolunteerGeneral

I could be wrong but I doubt that the game will be that bad. JCM hasn't put up over 30 points in a game yet this season. And Haywood has only given up 20 points TOTAL on the first 5 games combined. Putting these facts together leads me to believe that JCM is going to have a tough time scoring 34 or 37, but we will see tomorrow night.

825361482[/snapback]

I tend to agree it will be more of a defensive battle. Don't expect a high scoring game. I'd say in the 20 point range and possible lower.

The ROCK will be rocking Friday night. Come on up Tomcats and let's have some fun--should be a great game.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could be wrong but I doubt that the game will be that bad. JCM hasn't put up over 30 points in a game yet this season. And Haywood has only given up 20 points TOTAL on the first 5 games combined. Putting these facts together leads me to believe that JCM is going to have a tough time scoring 34 or 37, but we will see tomorrow night.

825361482[/snapback]

JCM scored 49 in their first game...not that I'm saying this one won't be close, though.

JCM scored 49 in their first game...not that I'm saying this one won't be close, though.

825362192[/snapback]

my mistake, I must of looked at the schedule wrong, but I don't remember seeing that game posted on their schedule on Coach T here. You are right though. JCM did put up 49 on Union City. It will not happen against Haywood though.

have seen them both play against our young dburg team...haywood beat dburg 15-0 and jcm won 19-6...

this will be a great game because the match-ups, on paper, for strengths and weakness are pretty dog-gone good...

borner is an elusive qb with very good speed, but haywoods speed up front, ends and at line backer will cause problems for the cougars....

when haywood throws the ball, they better throw a strike cause jcm's secondary is one of the best that i have seen in years....

i do think that jcm can contain bonds.......

like they say.....when good teams play....who ever makes the fewest mistake will normally win!!!!

I think JCM has the advantage.  Haywood has had some problems with discipline (too many penalties), offensive versatility, and their kicking game.

The Thanksgiving Day games in the 60s were Big Ten play-off games.  Haywood played Jackson in several of those games, but Ripley and Covington did also.  I think the last Big Ten play-off was in 1968, and I believe Haywood beat Jackson 21 - 0 in the regular season and 26 - 12 in the conference play-off that year.

The Big Ten Conference was neat.  Actually, there were more than 10 teams:

Covington (Byars-Hall), Ripley, Halls, Dyersburg, Union City, Paris Grove, Milan,

Trenton, Humboldt, Jackson, Brownsville (Haywood Co.), and Somerville (Fayette Co.).  I think Martin was even a member for a short period of time.

825360008[/snapback]

Thanks for th Big Ten history. I came to Tennessee in 1975 and had friends tell me about games at Rothrock on Thanksgiving. Bet the atmosphree was great back then.

HAYWOOD wins 25-20...so much for JCM blowing out Haywood. This was the best game I've seen in a long time. Exiciting all the way to the last 0.6 second. JCM did an incredible job stopping Jacolby Bond. But, Craig Harris to Carlos Singleton for 3 huge TD's was definitely the deciding factor. It will be another battle if they meet again in the playoffs.

You`re right this was an awesome game. The Rock was packed wall to wall. I knew this one would be tough. JCM held Bond to less than 50 yards on 20 carries, but the 6' 7" reciever killed us with his height.

If you weren`t at this game you absolutely missed the best game in the state tonight.

JCM has no one to blame but themselves. After being down 19-7 in the 3rd JCM fought back and took the lead 20-19 with around 5 minutes left. But JCM let Haywood drive down and score. If you haven`t gotten a chance to see Ricky Borner play, then you are missing out.

I know the players are disappointed, but JCM is for real. If they can learn from the mistakes made tonight they will be ready come playoff time.

Would love to see a rematch in the playoffs.

Both teams played a great game. It was truly typical of the Brownsville-Jackson rivalry. Thanks to all of the Cougar and Tomcat players for an exciting night and good luck through the remainder of the season.

I'm still worried about Haywood's senseless penalties and poor kicking game. We were lucky tonight, but those things will get us beat somewhere down the road.