Franklin County @ Coffee County

FOOTBALLTIMENTN

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If CC quaterback is able to be effective early, FC could be in trouble.  But I'M still not sure if CC can hold up to the FC running game.  I don't believe the CC defense can do what Lincoln Co. did.

But let's line up and play anyway.  Looking forward to a good game.

825362420[/snapback]

I agree with that but i don't see him being effective early because they will be going to jake early and often. If they use the playaction early then he will be effective because it will free up the receivers because FC is expecting the same thing that me and everybody else in that stadium will be expecting, NUNLEY!! They have two fast tallented receivers so if they get free early then CC could strike quick but who knows?? It will be a great game to watch i don't think i will sit down the whole game! I hope not because because if i am then that probably means FC is running away with it because i don't see CC blowin anybody out. What does everybody else think? Just how big of an impact does Quincy Russel have on this game? I know he torched us pretty good last year!!

What kind of passing game does CC have?

825362836[/snapback]

The passing game very limited but consistent. It's not like when Adam Clark was there the last three years when the passing and scrambling threat was deadly. Nikki Hibdon a junior is a tall lanky pocket passer. There is nothing wrong with being a pocket passer but the threat of him running is almost non existent and with the raider offense a quick QB is helpful. They usually just use one or two receivers with a TE. The WR's are very talented seniors Jinx Hartsfield and Jere Davidson and i'm not even sure who plays TE whoever it is blocks lol. We used to have a TE with receiver speed and TE size with amazing hands but he's down for the year. I've only seen them spread it out with 4WR one time and that was for a 50 yard hail-mary which was completed for a TD with no time left before the half!! I'm not sure if they even have slot receivers on the bench they usually just throw a wingback out their if they go 3-wide which isn't very often. They also like to throw to the wingbacks out of the backfield on play passes. They don't pass much but when they do they are usually effective. It should be interesting to watch. I don't expect Hibdon to go out their and take the team in his hands and take them to victory i just expect him to play in his game minimize mistakes and don't lose the game for them.

There's a very interesting difference in Jake's performance from last year to this year and that is his consistency. He is getting the ball right at about 24-27 times a game and getting over 200 yards a game. Last year, he had over 600 after two games and had about 500 in the next 3 before Franklin County held him to under 100 yards for the year in week 6.

Hibdon is throwing the ball on average about 12 times a game, completing 8-10, though he threw 25 passes against Wilson Central, completing less than 10. He's very good when he gets just enough time to set his feet and make a good throw. And though he's not a big run threat, he had four rushes for 27 yards against Cumberland County and 5 rushes for 34 yards against Wilson Central.

Wilson Central did a very good job of covering CC receivers last week and FC will see that tape, so the CC offense will really have to click to move the ball effectively against the Rebel defense.

But as far as stats go, throw them out with the bath water in this game. Both teams were picked to win the region (probably not going to happen), both teams are fighting to NOT play Riverdale in round one of the playoffs (loser probably will), and there is a LOT of pride on the line tonight. Forget records, forget stats.

Bottom line: the winner of the ballgame will be the team that wanted it the most - plain and simple. That team will make the key plays at the crucial times.

I'm really looking forward to this one and I hope I see a lot of people there Friday night.

I go the Franklin Co. and i have not missed a game, so i know alot about the players and we have a very good team this year!! Lincoln Co. just was on their game that night that we lost. Bishop is off the team, and the reason is not him being in jail!! Russel was throne out of the game in friday night, but for a very unjust reason!! Therefor we sent the tape into the state and it was veiwed and decided that Russel can play on friday night against Coffee Co. In that my pick goes to the REBELS!!!!!!!!!!.

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There's a very interesting difference in Jake's performance from last year to this year and that is his consistency.  He is getting the ball right at about 24-27 times a game and getting over 200 yards a game.  Last year, he had over 600 after two games and had about 500 in the next 3 before Franklin County held him to under 100 yards for the year in week 6. 

Nunley also came out in the 10 minute mark of the third quarter so he basically played the first half before he went down with a sprained knee thanks to some extracurricular activity after a play.

Nunley also came out in the 10 minute mark of the third quarter so he basically played the first half before he went down with a sprained knee thanks to some extracurricular activity after a play.

825363219[/snapback]

extracurricular activity? From franklin county? surely not!! Just like Quincy didn't do anything last week to be ejected i find that hard to believe. He may not have been doing something extremely bad but he was obviously doing something bad enough to have a referres attention and nobody should even be doing that. It gets out of hand sometimes and i think officiating crews should be more strict. They don't just eject somebody for no reason though i can tell you that. He obviously did something. Franklin co. has never been known for their clean style of play just like that "extracurricular activity" last year after a play that put nunley out and it takes alot to put somebody that carries the ball 30-35 times a game out!! It wouldn't suprise me to see them try something like that this year!!! GO RAIDERS!!!!