Franklin County @ Coffee County

FOOTBALLTIMENTN

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CC is 4 points away from the perfect season

Sounds like CC of old. If this, if that. Forget about it. They had their chance to win those games and could not answer the call.

CC can compete against the remainder of their region schedule and has a shot to win the region. It certainly does not hurt CC chances w/ Russell on the sidelines but FC has the ability to win without him. Everything points to FC to win but I will pick the Raiders in a close one.

I look forward to watching this one.

mynameis is just keepin it real, but i don't think he has picked his old school once this year, maybe against seigal. c'mon man, just throw a pick coffee's way sometime, show some love for our old stompin grounds :P

825359273[/snapback]

I try to make my picks as objective as possible and while I hope the Red Raiders win I just have hard time picking a team with a suspect defense and nonexistant special teams (since they are rarely used.) A side note though is that Nunley is the real deal and a FAR better back than say Gregory of LC.

I try to make my picks as objective as possible and while I hope the Red Raiders win I just have hard time picking a team with a suspect defense and nonexistant special teams (since they are rarely used.)  A side note though is that Nunley is the real deal and a FAR better back than say Gregory of LC.

825360459[/snapback]

hey, i agree 100%, i have been saying that since the cookeville game. Coffee has a pretty good punter, why not use him? I also think that going for it on 4 and goal from the 5 when the score is 0-0 makes no since. how bout a 3 pointer?

I think that when you look at both of these teams (whether Russell plays or not), there are two very interesting trends at work. One, Franklin County's offensive production has gone down every game except the Shelbyville contest. The same can be said for Coffee County. That said, I think that you are going to see a fairly low scoring game in Manchester.

Two, though the points are down, the number of yards each team is gaining per game has stayed relatively the same. This seems to indicate that there are problems in getting the ball in the end zone for one reason or another. I think that whoever establishes the first lead that is bigger than 8 points is going to win because of the declining point production made by both teams - and the fact that after the first quarter, both defenses will have a good idea of what the other team is doing on offense. It's going to be hard to come back in this game if a team gets down by more than 8. That's also a trend that Coffee County has to buck (if it happens) because if they have fallen behind by more than 8 in a game, they have come up on the short end of the scoreboard when the final buzzer sounds.

I think that you will also see a lot of emotion seeing as the loser of this game becomes the only team (of the top four) that has a legitimate chance of not going to the playoffs, but also has an even better chance of meeting Riverdale in round 1 of the playoffs. It's a geographical rivalry, both teams have solid community support and I think we'll see a lot of people there.

I'm not going to offer a pick because I think this game will boil down to one thing. Franklin County's worst enemy has been themselves in recent weeks (see Herald Chronicle article for details) and Coffee County has had a history this year of getting off to slow starts. I think that the winner of this game will be the team that figures out the formula of moving the ball down the field AND SCORING first.

(not who scores first, but who figures out how to do it effectively first).

Prediction: Low scoring, emotion filled, and heartbreaking for the loser since both teams were picked at one point to win the region. There's a lot of drama here and it could add up to a very exciting football game.

I think that the game will be a very good one although Coffee County has had Offensive line problems with thier starting gaurd Kyle Jernigan breaking his ankle they will probably rotate other people there. They will also have a new starting tackle from what i hear hes never played it before :D . I hear Russell won his apeal and will play i agree with alot of people that it will be low scoring. Coffee County's D has stepped it up the last few games the O has been slacking but i say hand it to # 1 and # 20 and throw slants to # 2 and #4 all night and you will win. If the the D plays like they have i say they hold FC to 7 or 14 and win 14-7 and you can quote me on that :D