Fayette Academy vs. JCS

acmoney

Buschman you raise some good questions...

I will try to answer

The Hulk showboat is flexing your muscle stuff in center ring

I have never seen a JCS cheerleader as of today ever take a sign to the other teams sideline and displayed it after beating them . Kids talk , they can't keep secrets ...if it was ever done it would have gotten out believe me at a small school like JCS it would have gotten out. The school administration would never allow it. ( I would bet my paycheck on that). Over the years JCS has had alot of big games and victories they have celebrated with class don't get me wrong Celebrating is good you should celebrate. IMO you do not go to the other teams sideline and flaunt it in their faces especially after it took overtime for you to beat someone as it did last year for FA . Go Eagles....

Edited by giterdone

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just curious, what exactly is a Hulk Hogan showboat stance and which teams are out there performing them.  How do you know that your cheerleaders are not doing that unless you are sitting on the other teams sidelines :D.  How do you know how your players will react to winning a big game considering this team has only played one good team this year and they lost.  Just a few questions, my picks will come out later tonight or tomorrow.

825360942[/snapback]

Because he go's to the JCS games, DO YOU?

GO EAGLES!

Edited by jj420

Because he go's to the JCS games, DO YOU?

GO EAGLES!

825361223[/snapback]

I try to watch all the teams in Region 7 play at one time or another, even Middleton. Last year I was at JCS's games against Bishop Byrne, USJ, and both games with Fayette. I am not gonna argue with the showboating. I can imagine that Collin Bodiford probably did celebrate at times in that overtime game. Honestly, if I would have played the way he did, I would too. Its just human nature, football is an emotional sport. I believe that celebrating should be allowed if it gets yourself, your team, and your fans pumped up. As far as pulling out cell phones on the field, thats just ridiculous. But there is a difference in that and just getting pumped. So I can understand where you are coming from with the celebrating. I never saw any signs being folded out after the game was over. I would like to hear from JaxMan on this subject cause I am sure he was there too. Maybe I just missed it, but I can't imagine cheerleaders making a sign already expecting a win. I am just skeptical of this because I have never heard of it before and I know some people that go to JCS, including football players and cheerleaders, and they have never mentioned it.

I try to watch all the teams in Region 7 play at one time or another, even Middleton. Last year I was at JCS's games against Bishop Byrne, USJ, and both games with Fayette. I am not gonna argue with the showboating. I can imagine that Collin Bodiford probably did celebrate at times in that overtime game. Honestly, if I would have played the way he did, I would too. Its just human nature, football is an emotional sport. I believe that celebrating should be allowed if it gets yourself, your team, and your fans pumped up. As far as pulling out cell phones on the field, thats just ridiculous. But there is a difference in that and just getting pumped. So I can understand where you are coming from with the celebrating. I never saw any signs being folded out after the game was over. I would like to hear from JaxMan on this subject cause I am sure he was there too. Maybe I just missed it, but I can't imagine cheerleaders making a sign already expecting a win. I am just skeptical of this because I have never heard of it before and I know some people that go to JCS, including football players and cheerleaders, and they have never mentioned it.

Was there some obscene celebrating after the game?....because i was there, and i did engage in the celebrating but i never saw anything i felt was unecessary, anywayss, the buschman is right, football is an emotional sport but again sometimes things can get out of hand when tensions have been running high...but nevertheless i believe things this friday night in Somerville will be just fine....im looking forward to a hard fought game....and the buschman poses another good point....JCS has played 1 good team, and they got beat, not saying JCS isnt good, but i wouldnt be saying that this game is an automatic win for JCS, like some other Eagle supporters have seemed to indicate...GOOD LUCK TO BOTH TEAMS...

As for the signs being refered to: in the Jackson Sun the week before the playoff meeting JCS's coach Cohu was asked if his team would be more prepared for the meeting that in week 6...he responded I hope so I think we where distracted because of our homecoming in week 6...there was a sign during the game on the fence on our visitor side which FA was using that read..."we where your distraction"...and afterwards the FA cheerleaders did in fact hold up a sign that read..."cry me a river"...the first sign I am sure was a response to his comment in the paper...the second I only can guess was a response to the same...but let's face it...it is a rival game...cheerleaders make signs...we see them every week...roast the eagles is a regular...the "we where your distraction one was a pregame pep sign as all signs are...the after game cry me a river sign was maybe in bad taste once the contest was over, but I am sure FA cheerleaders like JCS makes there signs without input from administration, fans, players or coaches...I am cetain FA's administration would not have approved of the sign...and I know their coach would have never wanted to provide bulletin board material for an opponet...so I think you have to write it off as a teenagers poor judgement...certainly not a refl;ection of the fans, players or administration at FA... Bodiford deserved to do Hulk Hogan or whatever else he wanted to after the game he had...but he was a class act...the Hulk Hogan was done by a lineman jersey number... no I am not going to put it here as he is also just a kid and made a poor decison and does not need to be singled out...he may also have deserved to I just don't remember anything big he did...I think these are all results of the JCS/FA rivalry growing and nothing more...we have had the same with USJ for years...USJ remembers our fans as too excited or behaving poorly when we have won...we remember their fans pouring drinks off the top of the stands on our players when we won...they remember some of our players messing with their cars on game week...we remeber their players painting our field house...but none of those acts represents either school, just fans or kids who made poor choices...the same is true with the signs and Hulk Hogan dance...I think tonight will be a good game and hope we all keep it in perepective...a big game for sure...but just one of many these two teams will enjoy over the next several years...

acmoney...there are enough people on these boards talking smack already for all schools so let me just talk football...

JCS opponents...

DCA was a very good team...alot of speed...talented...

TCA was a very young team...not alot of depth...

Halls had a great QB...not much speed else where...

Middleton...a typical Middleton team...

Bishop Byrne...great team speed...alot of talent...

Two of the teams TCA and Middleton we play due to region requirments...two of the teams DCA and Bishop are good schools we play to challenge our program...

Halls has become a traditional non-region contest that lets us see how region 8 is progressing...we will do the same with West Carroll in week 8...Bishop was off this year from last...but when we scheduled them they where a Division II powerhouse...last year they where loaded...

I can assure you JCS coaches are not taking this game with FA as an automatic win...they see it as a good test for where we are this year...I think we need to play well as Sommerville was not kind to us (the results not the fans) on our last visit...I am looking forward to a hard fought game...good luck...

Edited by JaxMan

I agree with that completely Jaxman. Thats why I like this rivalry, we got people on here talking logical football rather than living in their own dream world (*cough* Perry County). I am not saying that JCS scheduled bad teams purposely, everyone has to have an easy win here and there. I understand they have to play Middleton and Trinity and they can't change that. Halls can be decent at times so I can understand scheduling them as well. Bishop Byrne has been nast the last 4 years up until this year and played a great game with JCS last year, but they are very bad this year. Therefore, I am not criticizing the scheduling from JCS, I am just saying they have not beaten a good team yet this season. Their schedule would be rather difficult if Bishop Byrne was up to par, considering that I believe DCA could be the best team in the state(Speaking of, did DCA really schedule Lighthouse Christian; I surely hope not). Futhermore, I don't think Fayette Academy has beaten a good team yet either. Either way, this game is vital to both teams and will be a quality win for one. I will post my predictions tonight...I promise.

I think the winner of this game comes out in good shape...a win by FA puts them in a great position to claim second for sure...a first might be hard since they have already lost to USJ and with non-region loses a threeway tie wouldn't help them...JCS would still be unbeaten in region play and if we can take care of business with Perry then our destiny would at least be in our own hands...a win over USJ would give us a first and even if we lost a second...so this game will have alot of meaning to both teams and where they will end up in the playoff brackets...wish it where tonight

I hope the JCS fans and players will not take this game lightly. From the earlier post I have read some of the JCS fans are not to worried about this game but, I am. I believe JCS has the talent to win this game but, I am concerned and am not taken FA lightly. They have had our # the last couple of years.

GO EAGLES!

Edited by jj420

well, todays the big day....alot of excitement and impatient waiting all comes to an end tonight when JCS plays the Fayette Academy Vikings.....i have to say, i hope this game lives up to the hype..i know it hasnt been that much hype, but for me, this is going to be awesome....i really hope theres a great turn out from JCS and Fayette Academy....good luck to both teams