Midway vs. Greenback

slsears21

Well in my opinion, the 1A rivalry of the year has finally came. Midway vs. Greenback has been a big rivalry for many many years. Who will take the "W" in this game? Midway seems to be rolling right now with a big win over Watertown 28-21. The Greenwaves, now 4-1 (1-0 Region), with Region win over CAK. Greenback had a convincing win last Friday over Sequoyah 40-27. The Cherokees are now 4-1 (2-0 Region), with Region wins over CAK and Oakdale. I believe this is one of the games that will decide who will be the Region champs. The Coalfield game will be the other one. Whats your thoughts on this one? I'm picking Midway in this one 21-16. Go Greenwaves! thumb

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey fundamentals, I thought it was a pretty good screen name! I don't currently live in Cookvegas right now. I'm living in Kingston and things are going good. I predicted Oneida last week against Harriman. Don't worry though, we'll see what your made of next week when the Greenwaves come rolling through Scott County into Oneida. Midway is playing good football right now, but we'll see what their made of Friday when Greenback comes to town. I believe Rufus22 had a pretty good prediction though. By the way Fundamentals, I think I know who you are, but tell me anyways. Good luck to Oneida this week. thumb

I still say this is one of the best teams Midway has had in years. They just have to get everybody healthy and play their game.

Midway wins this one on the line of scrimmage and off the foot of Tanner.

The Waves have better tallent and are better coached than the Kees. It is just going to take them realizing how good they really are, and playing with determination.

Midway 31

Greenback 22

Why is Everyone is calling this a rivalry. Sure the teams have played each other for many many years, but a rivalry is much more competitive than this one has been over the years. Midway has competed in recent years maybe winning a couple of games, but since the late 80's Greenback has dominated this series and it will not change Friday night. CAPP are you kidding me (midway is better coached) Coach Satterfield has won more games than the school of midway has in its history. I do not think Midways coaching will win this game for them. (i am not saying Midway is not well coached, but they are not better coached than Greenback).