Jimmy Clausen (soph) qb Oaks Christian, Ca

UCHSPAtriots

Not really.  They might  have them listed that way on the depth chart, but with Eric and Brent "co-sarters", that leaves Rick 2nd string really.  If either freshman gets hurt, what's rick?  2nd string....see what I mean?

825363315[/snapback]

So if Eric get's hurt (knocking on wood), who do you think is going to start?

Brent which is the 2nd string QB, not Rick!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So if Eric get's hurt (knocking on wood), who do you think is going to start?

Brent which is the 2nd string QB, not Rick!

825363326[/snapback]

Well yeah, but your missing my point. If either get hurt Rick is really 2nd string all along, because we're playing the freeshmen like their both #1. This is all symantics, we're both right.

They say Jimmy is quite an athlete. Nothin like either of his brothers. I just don't think you run any prospect off. I certainly wouldn't have ran Joey, Brandon, Jerry, Rick or Sterling off just because I had Peyton, Heath, Casey and Andy.

Not really symantics, unless you consider completely changing the meanings of words. 2nd string has always meant second in line for duty. Second. Whether you choose to think of both quarterbacks as co-first stringers is irrelevant. Only one can play quarterback as a starter, the next one in line is second and the next, of course is third. Clausen is third, no matter how you slice it. Tennessee is really not a bad place to be a third string quarterback, unless you want to play.

Guest Rebelnation
Not really symantics, unless you consider completely changing the meanings of words. 2nd string has always meant second in line for duty. Second. Whether you choose to think of both quarterbacks as co-first stringers is irrelevant. Only one can play quarterback as a starter, the next one in line is second and the next, of course is third. Clausen is third, no matter how you slice it. Tennessee is really not a bad place to be a third string quarterback, unless you want to play.

825363414[/snapback]

Now that the great debate is over...Jimmy is the subject, remember? thumb

:lol: Dang! There's 15 minutes I won't get back.

If Jimmy Clausen is still interested after his senior year, I am sure UT will be glad to offer him a scholly no matter how many qb's we have on board. Bernie Kosar, Jim Kelly and Vinny Testaverde were all on Miami's roster at the same time and all ended up starting for the Hurricanes in their heyday. If competition is going to run 'em off, we don't need 'em.

from everything i have read about jimmy he is the real deal i remeber readin about him last year after his freshman year in in a article in either maxin or stuff magazine and both casey and rick said he was gonna be alot better than both of them and they also said he was very athletic he was around 6'2 200 and he def wanted to go 2 tenn

NO MORE CLAUSEN PLEASE, HE MAYBE THE WORST QB THAT UT EVER HAD, HIM OR JEFF FRANCIS. LOADS OF TALENT AROUND HIM, BUT HE WAS NO LEADER!

THE PROS SENT HIM PACKING, UT SHOULD HAVE DONE THE SAME, AS YOU WILL NOTICE MIDDLE BRO IS NOT PLAYING AT UT.

825363291[/snapback]

Loads of talent?!?! Yea right. Even the coaches for UT say that one thing that helps these freshman QB's at UT right now is that they have TALENT TO WORK WITH UNLIKE CASEY. If the coaches are saying that, you know you are wrong.

Well Jimmy was at the UT/Florida game on an official visit. He went through the Vol Walk right before the team and everything. I absolutely believe that the Vols will offer him a scholarship, however if he accepts their offer is another story. Not to mention he still has a couple of years to figure out where he wants to go.

first of all, casey clausen was the toughest qb at tennessee, he got killed so many times and always mananged to get up and keep playing, i personaly like him, and i think jimmy is still trying to decide his future. i go to school 98 miles from jimmy but i am a senior and i rarely get to talk to him, rumor has it he is thinking about tennessee, but at the same time florida state has had numerous conversations with him. if i wasn't mistaken,i heard he wears florida state shirts a lot, lol. so we'll just see what happens. :lol: