Kingston Defeates AC (Number 4 in state?)

KTownJackets

As well they should have complained there was one call that was a turning point in the game. I just wish that officials would let the kids decide the outcomes. Too many officials want people to know that they have "power." The game was an upset, and calls alone did not beat AC. They had opportuities to secure the game and they didn't ie, fumble. I'm sure though, as overrated as the Mavs may be, it feels good to be in a position to be upset. Clinton has been the underdog the past 4 years they have played haven't they cdragonz. Must get old always being the underdog.

Edited by futbolfan

The call was very "close" I was just 10 feet from the call. I was so revelied that the ref's made the call. BUT, the AC guy Tackleing Justin (who didnt have the ball) wasnt going to help his case any.

Some of the Kingston fans were mad at last years ref's because of a TD that got called back due to another "close" call (block in the back). All in all, AC did have chances to beat Kingston, as did Kingston have chances to score more than what they did.... But in the end, Kingston took advantage of the situations more than AC...

Coming from someone who has no dog in the fight, I watched the replay of that interference call...and the official was right on the money. Plus, if I am not mistaken, there is no "uncatchable" rule in high school football. The pig could be 30 yards over his head and if there is contact...it's interference.

I am no zebra, but that is what was told to me. Regardless, it was a good game and congratulations to Kingston on picking up the win. And best of luck to Anderson County in the remainder of their games.

Kingston played smarter that AC. Alot of the plays that worked for AC on offense, weren't repeated as much as I thought they should have been, still hindsight is blah blah. I will congratulate Kingston on a good win, and something their program really needs this year.

Food for thought though. When a runners forward progress is stopped, and he is being pushed backwards and on his way to the ground, you cannot call a fumble. HS refs are gonna miss calls, that is part of the game, but they ought to get the easy ones right. ;)