Campbell County ruins another homecoming!

shaunman2006

i just want to say congratulations to the cougars. i really didn't expect to see a win tonight, but was very pleased on my way home. ya'll fought hard and the defense held when it needed to. 3 shut outs in one year, unheard of in Campbell County. hopefully ya'll can make it 5 wins and a CC record next week with Bearden. we ruined their homecoming, let's not let them ruin ours.

lata

Shaunman

Congrats to CC on the big win, everytime i see you all win everyweek i keep thinking on how good of a win it was for Clinton. People said it wasnt a big deal b/c it was CC but i believe its week 7 of this season and CC has only lost 2 games and one has been to us. So keep up the good work CC. Also, i believe if we played you all right now it would prob. be a blow out.

A very impressive victory tonight by the Campbell Co. Cougars. The Defense was absolutely amazing tonight. Twice in the 1st half, the Bears had excellent field position, once on a botched punt attempt (Bears at CC 33) and again on a Cougar turnover (Bears CC28). Both times the Cougars held creating a turnover inside the 20 with a hard hit on Pate by MLB Brian Slover and again on downs.

Chris Johnson, behind excellent blocking again tonight gained 121 yards on 30 carries and scored the game's only TD. The PAT was wide, but the Cougar D, after a beautiful punt by Clark Wood was downed at the SC 1 by a hustling Larry Napier, got a good push and threw the Bears back for a safety.

Although outsized mightily, the Cougar D and offensive line controlled the LOS most of the night. An overall hard fought game by the Cougars, moving them to 2-1 in the Region, 4-2 overall. Bearden comes to town next week as the Cougars hope to break the 5 win plateau for the 1st time in school history.

With the 8-0 shut-out victory, the Cougars have recorded their third shut-out of the season.

A very impressive victory tonight by the Campbell Co. Cougars.  The Defense was absolutely amazing tonight.  Twice in the 1st half, the Bears had excellent field position, once on a botched punt attempt (Bears at CC 33) and again on a Cougar turnover (Bears CC28).  Both times the Cougars held creating a turnover inside the 20 with a hard hit on Pate by MLB Brian Slover and again on downs.

Chris Johnson, behind excellent blocking again tonight gained 121 yards on 30 carries and scored the game's only TD.  The PAT was wide, but the Cougar D, after a beautiful punt by Clark Wood was downed at the SC 1 by a hustling Larry Napier, got a good push and threw the Bears back for a safety. 

Although outsized mightily, the Cougar D and offensive line controlled the LOS most of the night.  An overall hard fought game by the Cougars, moving them to 2-1 in the Region, 4-2 overall.  Bearden comes to town next week as the Cougars hope to break the 5 win plateau for the 1st time in school history.

With the 8-0 shut-out victory, the Cougars have recorded their third shut-out of the season.

825364290[/snapback]

Correction Volviking......Johnson had 134 yards...haha...jus thought id let ya know

I hope all you people who picked us to get just dominated feel pretty smart....Yea, they were WAY bigger than us, but that just didnt seem to matter. We came together as a team, and when that happens..it's intelling what a team can do. I just know that we'll be ready to play Bearden next week, and expect their best game for our homecoming, considering we beat them at theirs last year.

Don't get too big of a chip on your shoulder ccDL92, sometimes us "old foggies" say a thing or two with the full intent of challenging and motivating the younger mind. If you feel motivated to prove something you work at it a lot harder and it appears you guys worked and earned lots of that "respect" I've been reading about tonight. thumb BTW, did you guys through any Krispy Kreme Doughnuts to the Smokey Bears, they just love them you know. Anyway, congrats on this VERY BIG victory tonight and tell CCMan84 to keep up the good work. ;)B)

Possumcop, I'm by no means gettin a chip on my shoulder or being cocky...we learned about that weeks 2 and 3. I was just trying to get the point across that we're not the Campbell Co. teams of old, and that we're gonna show up for every game(from 2 weeks ago on out). I wasnt directing it at you either, I enjoy your posts on here and hope you keep rootin for us en route to our schools first winning season.