Battle of the Boro (the real one)

hs sports fan

Guest region4fan

Hoolie, I didn't see it as a terrible crime. Actually I thought it was pretty ingenious. That was why I thought you might be the mastermind. Hahaha!

Just thought I would note that Oakland had a great practice yesterday..... :D Absolutely no fear of the U of R!

There has been more than once that Oakland has been the huge underdog going into this one. BUT UNLIKE all the other High Schools in Rutherford County..........or in our region.......we have beaten the mighty giants!

Edited by region4fan

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Oakland
Hoolie, I didn't see it as a terrible crime. Actually I thought it was pretty ingenious. That was why I thought you might be the mastermind. Hahaha!

Just thought I would note that Oakland had a great practice yesterday..... :D Absolutely no fear of the U of R!

There has been more than once that Oakland has been the  huge underdog going into this one. BUT UNLIKE all the other High Schools in Rutherford County..........or in our region.......we have beaten the mighty giants!

825368267[/snapback]

ill add on to region's post: not only was monday a great practice but the b team game bewteen oakland and blackman was great(if your are a oakland fan thumb ) with the good guys winning 27-6, i know most of you guys dont care but i thought i would just throw it out there for those who do

This is really the first game I've been excited about since the Smyrna game. It's just such a historic event being the first game at Oakland. I expect the Pats to come out pumped up and with fire in their eyes. Over at the Food Lion last night the Oakland guys were confident of a win against Riverdale.

I'm reallt looking forward to this game and I hope our guys are too. Should be something really special.

Guest Oakland
This is really the first game I've been excited about since the Smyrna game.  It's just such a historic event being the first game at Oakland.  I expect the Pats to come out pumped up and with fire in their eyes.  Over at the Food Lion last night the Oakland guys were confident of a win against Riverdale.

I'm reallt looking forward to this game and I hope our guys are too.  Should be something really special.

825368558[/snapback]

with the additions of blackman and siegel the last few years, this rivalry has obviously diminished, but for those of us who follow oakland 100% no matter their record, this will always be the big game for us, no matter how big oakland - siegel gets and hipe the true fans for riverdale feel the same way as well. the only difference in this rivalry bewteen now and 5 years ago is that there is a more of a mutual respect for each other, i think this especially holds true among the students whereas if people take a shot at riverdale, oakland folks are there to defend them in vice versa. ever since euverard showed up at oakland, oakland has played riverdale tough and dont expect any different this year. oakland can win this won if they do 3 things: have a steady run game, win the turnover battle and keep the score low. oakland certainly has the ability to put up a good number of points, but nowhere near what riverdale can do on offense. scoring 1st would be absolutely huge in a rivalry that has seen anything and everything happen. does i think oakland can win? absolutely. stranger things have happen, just ask DB about karns from last year and thats not even a big rivalry game. no matter the outcome of this game, i think the intensity in this rivalry will intensify with both programs set up well for the future and with oakland returning to its normal self. oakland has come so close this year and has been in every game they have been in, could very well be 4-2 instead of 1-5. regardless, i think this game will continue to be one of the top rivalries in the state, no matter how many high schools get built in the boro, but this rivalry has matured now instead of being the hate rivalry that it had been. am looking forward to a great friday night

There has been more than once that Oakland has been the huge underdog going into this one. BUT UNLIKE all the other High Schools in Rutherford County..........or in our region.......we have beaten the mighty giants!

I know that Blackman, Siegel, and Smyrna have NEVER beaten Riverdale, but i'm not sure about Lavergne. Does anyone know if the Rines have ever defeated the Warriors? I sure would like to know, if they have, it hasnt been recently.

also if i am not mistaken, i believe this game will be played at oakland next year as well, any truth to this?

825368592[/snapback]

I think that is correct, and I am furious about it. That just isn't fair to have the game on your homefield twice in a row. Don't you agree, region?

Think before you answer, you know two wrongs don't make a right. :)

Guest region4fan

Thanks Shady. If you really look at the past games you will see that the U of R has scored most of their points off their defense or punt return or kick-off teams................ not real offense.

Riverdale..........no such luck to have 2 years in a row at Freedom. They will be re-doing it all this fall and I am sure that two-headed coin will mysteriously appear so that Rdale gets home next year. :) Truthfully it isn't fair for anyone to get home two years in a row but tell that to Riverdale AND Lebanon , both of whom we played 2 yrs straight at their place. So, it also wouldn't be fair for US either.

Surprised you, didn't I?? :)

Congrats to CORD COWAN for getting the Honorable Mention Player of the Week for his play against Blackman. YEA BABY!!!

I think with this being such a big game and storied Rivalry, i truly feel if Oakland can hold their own for the first quarter then Riverdale will get angry and Oakland will stay calm and execute their game plan. I think Riverdale's heads are getting a little big and if they cant put this game away early against a team that they should dominate, then their might be a few arguments and yelling in the locker room, huddle, and sideline.

It's good to have faith in your team but please be realistic. Oakland has won once and it was over Lavergne. They've lost to a weak Blackman team, a weak Lincoln Co. team and lost to Wilson Central. Their only understandable loss is against Franklin and also BA. Riverdale will roll and remained un challenged until week 3 of the playoffs. By the way Oakland when is the pick em coming out this week? I'm ready to keep my lead.