Boyd Buchanan, TimesFreePress

bbuc24

Must be something about the smaller Christian schools around town...Grace, Boyd, CCS...seems like they all think they are such good role models and have all this class....but then you go to a game and you see different.

LoL...I'm just trying to get things started I guess.

On a follow up, I don't know Coach Akin, but he always does a good job on his interviews...maybe he has plenty of time to prepare if he skips the hand-shakes!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am very sorry if I offended anyone by writing in caps, but evidently someone got my message anyway. For all Buc fans if you need to know,it was your head coach that was so eager to get on camera that he could not come through the line to shake hands first. Only the assistant coaches came through to shake hands. Your coach was not the perfect role model because the media came first. Don't throw stones because both coaches are a little less than perfect.

825366242[/snapback]

l

Ok, let's take them in order. First, running up the score. I believe the "bomb" you are referring to was the out route that our 3rd string QB threw to our 2nd string QB (playing receiver at the time) sometime in the middle of the 3rd quarter. Yes, it scored...because our 2nd string QB broke a tackle and outran your D to the endzone. I am not sure what you want us to do about our 2nd team scoring...should we have told them to lay down if they got close?............

IN FACT, we did. In case you didn't notice after that score we took the 2nd team out and put in the JV...with our JV QB. And in case you didn't notice they knelt on the ball 2 times inside your 10 so that THEY wouldn't score again...just to keep from running up the score. Embarrassing I know, but we didn't want to beat you guys 73 to 0. If we had wanted to beat you 100 to 0 we could have if we had left the starters or the 2nd team in. That is what happened in the 95-3 game in 97. We don't do that.

As for the shaking hands incident. Coach Green saw Coach Reynolds and me after we had shaken all the assistants' hands. He knows who we are. Coach Reynolds was in front and held his hand out. Coach Green shook his head in disgust at us, turned, and walked away. Then made the sad accusations about us in the paper. Then he went to another school and whined about how we had mistreated HIM. They all got a good laugh. I don't know what kind of man Coach Green is in his private life, but the example he has set for his players this year is appalling.

And while we are at it let me just say that I am glad you are a Tiger fan. Whitwell has some great young men and some fine assistant coaches. I wish you all good luck for the rest of the season...which is what I would have said to Coach Green...if he had shaken my hand.

Edited by Baldcoach

I DO NOT KNOW IF BOYD RECRUITS OR NOT, AND DON'T CARE, BUT I DO KNOW FROM WATCHING THEM PLAY WHITWELL FOR THE LAST 7 YEARS THAT AKINS IS NOT THE ROLE MODEL THAT BUCS FANS MAKE HIM OUT TO BE. THROWING THE BOMB UP 52-0 IS NOTHING BUT RUNNING THE SCORE UP. ALSO, WHEN WILL HEALY WAS THERE THE BUCS WERE LEADING BY 40SOMETHING-0 AND AKINS HAD THE RESERVES IN. WHEN HIS 2ND STRING QB GOT SACKED ON HIS ON 5.AKINS PUT THE STARTERS IN AND THREW ALONG PASS FOR A 95 YARD TD. WHY? I HAVE MORE EXAMPLES IF YOU NEED THEM. AS FOR WHINING,WHEN TYNER BEAY BOYD 95-3 THERE WAS ABIG ARTICLE ABOUT AKINS CRYING ABOU T THE SCORE BEING RUN UP ON HIM. DO NOT FORGET WHERE YOU CAME FROM, YOU MAY RETURN ONE DAY.  IT SEEMS EVERY TIME THAT SOMEONE DOES NOT AGREE WITH BOYD FANS STHEY ARE CALLED WHINERS AND ARE TOLD TO GIVE FACTS. WELL THERE ARE YOUR FACTS.  BY THE I AM A TIGER FAN AND PROUD OF IT.

825366094[/snapback]

We all understand that you have a bias toward your Tigers, but don't bring that false information in here. Baldcoach clarified things rather well for you. Next time you think you have some news to report, make sure you straighten out the facts before you slur another school's superior football program.

Good luck to your Tigers for the rest of the season, I know they'll need it with Wes Green as their leader.

baldcoach, I guess you didn't have an answer for the Will Healy 95 yard td pass. As usual you just use the facts you need. As for the pass this year you need to watch the film. If he needed another td why wasn't he in earlier, you had us beat in the 2nd quarter. As for kneeling down, i would rather you ran the ball. Kneeling shows a lack of respect for your opponents.

baldcoach, I guess you didn't have an answer for the Will Healy 95 yard td pass. As usual you just use the facts you need. As for the pass this year you need to watch the film. If he needed another td why wasn't he in earlier, you had us beat in the 2nd quarter. As for kneeling down, i would rather you ran the ball. Kneeling shows a lack of respect for your opponents.

825367417[/snapback]

Sounds like a situation where there is no good play. He kneels and you call it lack of respect. I'm sure if he ran it and scored, it would be running up the score. Sounds like no matter what happened Boyd was going to embarass the other team. Who bears the responsibility for this lopsided victory? Boyd bears half of it for being a well prepared ball-club. Maybe the other team bears some responsibility for not being prepared to play?

I don't even remember what game we're talking about, but at some point the losing team has to aknowledge the fact that they were just flat out beaten by a better club. Take the film back to the lockerroom and figure out how to do a better job.

825367417[/snapback]

The defense was pitching a shutout, which is a major achievement in high school football. Besides, how often does a 95 yard pass play for a touchdown actually happen? You must have something personal against Coach Akins, because you seem to bring up all of the bad things that you say he has done, when that petty stuff doesn't even compare to the good he has done since he's been over at Boyd. I think its about time for the Tiger faithful to stop listening to and believing Wes Green's comments and opinions, because it seems like he has brainwashed all of the fans and players alike that its because Boyd has the better athletes, in which they apparently "recruit", that they beat Whitwell. Everyone around here knows that Coach Akins is a great coach. Does Wes Green have any hardware to back up his claims of being the better coach?

Good luck to your Tigers the rest of the season.

825367417[/snapback]

Bd,

I am not sure which Healy pass you are referring to. Was it 2 or 3 years ago? I am curious how a single play from several years in the past somehow seems to have obsessed you? Since I don't remember the play I can't really comment on it...but I do have this question. If it was a 95 yard TD pass, did someone have a chance to tackle the receiver or are you saying Will threw the ball 95 yards in the air?

Finally, you complain when we score but you complain when we don't. If a kid makes a play late in a game where we are ahead we are running up the score. If we have them kneel on the ball we are showing disrespect. Doesn't leave us many options. And, frankly, I don't think anyone can 'have an answer' for everything that occurs in a runaway game...but if you weren't already biased against us I don't think that would be expected. We KNELT and turned the ball over on your 8 yard line. We had our 2nd string QB in the game for 2 series by the end of 2nd quarter. I'm not sure what you want...should we have sent the eigth graders in? The lunch ladies?

The truth is you are upset and embarrassed by the score. I understand, I coached when Boyd got beat like that a lot. And we quite often berated the other coaches for 'running up the score'. The truth we had to face was it was our fault. Once we did things started getting better.

p.s. We NEVER refused to shake another coach's hand...even when we were soundly thrashed and convinced the other coach had 'run up the score'.