West Tennessee

matt912

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good job, Collierville. The region is turning into quite the drama zone....

1. Collierville

2. White Station

3. Whitehaven

4. Houston

5. Germantown

6. Kirby

7. Hamilton

Germantown, wake up! You have to win the next two games to secure a spot in the playoffs..... I believe there is the chance that Whitehaven will be thrown to the 5th spot... Go Red Devils!

Collierville's biggest test the last couple of weeks, on paper, is Whitehaven. However, the Dragons need to get past Germantown. The only thing the Devils have in their favor in this one is their name, and that is big. Collierville takes the Germantown game seriously, and sometimes chokes because of who the team is. Germantown is going to be tough because they have the prestige of a powerhouse school, but are on a low year, Collierville needs to take advantage of it and get another regional championship.

thumb You're right for the most part dragon12... except change "another regional title" to "a regional title"....it's not like Collierville wins the region year in and year out. In fact, 2000 was the last time Collierville ranked first in regional standings. Should be a good game...don't forget September 14, 2001....nobody gave Germantown a chance in a game against the highly-touted number 1 or number 2 in the CA Collierville Dragons...and of course, we all know what happened. Can't wait for the game....have fun!

Reading this thread, a person could get the impression that those who follow Collierville, Houston, and Germantown are all in agreement that Whitehaven will not make the playoffs. Well, as a Whitehaven fan, let me speak up for my team. Whitehaven's Region 8-5A record is as follows. Hamilton and Kirby were both blow-outs. Whitehaven beat Germantown @ Germantown 28-24. Whitehaven's only loss in Region play has come to White Station @ White Station ... 34-35. Whitehaven has a bye in week 8, then they play Houston, and then Collierville ... at HOME! Whitehaven is not a team to overlook. The offense is balanced, and the defense is pretty good. They will not lose both games at home! If they win both, they will be the 2nd seed ... and they can beat both teams. If they win only 1, they will be a 3 or a 4 seed. Right now, this is a dogfight in the region, and a good team will not make it in the playoffs ... don't expect Whitehaven to be one of those teams.

I was at the Collierville/Houston game and I have to say that Brian Hall is just about the whole Collierville team. Nevertheless, the Collierville defense definitly played well and held the Houston running attack in check, but without Hall, the game would have been a completely different story...the backs from Collierville also played fairly well, but like somebody else already stated, it was late in the game when Houston had pretty much taken the loss and Collierville was running out the clock. I think without Hall Collierville would be in some trouble...but as long as he stays healthy, then they should be ok.....