McMinn Co. -vs- Soddy Daisy

TribeFan

Alright,I've read all the post on here and now here comes some reality...Sorry McMinn Fans but Mullinax is still gone..this is not the same Cherokee team of the past! Nor is this the same Soddy team from the past...Soddy is two platoon now with an outstanding passing game..YES thats right a passing game..as well as the running game..Yes they have had close calls the past couple of weeks..But Soddy will be ready.....Ofcourse McMinn has some athletes and what not but Soddy has them at every position..PLUS THEY have the Grand General of all High School football in chattown..Tom Weathers he has mad progress in leaps and bounds with this Trojan team

SD38

MCHS 17

IF IM MISTAKEN CORRECT ME BUT I DO BELIEVE

THE CHEROKEES HAD A PRETTY GOOD SEASON LAST

YEAR WITH MULLINAX NOT AT THE HELM

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a smart man wouldnt argue with theanswer7...ive seen people on here talk about people knowing their stuff, and he certainly does. most definitely a man among boys in that category...

You say that Soddy couldn't run the ball. While you were at the game, did you notice the 9 man front against our offensive line? It's kind of hard to run against 9 guys. So we threw the ball. Heritage did the same thing…and I expect McMinn to also stack the line.

way to prove theanswer's point for him...he said we couldnt run the ball and in your feeble attempt at arguing with a FELLOW FAN, you said the exact same thing... anyway, soddy daisy wins ,then we can finally give our full attention to next week's showdown.

This is another game that if both teams play to their potential, Soddy should win by three touchdowns or more. They simply have too much depth in comparison to McMinn.

McMinn is as weak as I have ever seen them; I just don't think they have enought weapons to contend. They might play close for a halp, but if they don't... Katie bar the door.... Soddy will run and pass all over McMinn.

Soddy can't overlook McMinn though, if they allow them to believe they have a chance, they could give Soddy a run for their money.

As I thought about this game and the challange McMinn has in front of them this Friday night I thought back to 1998. That season McMinn was 2-4 and SD was 5-1 and the game was being played @ SD. McMinn was a heavy underdog and actually went into halftime down 14-0, on the opening KO of the 3rd period Brandon Ladd returned it 98 yds.! He went on to intercept a pass and recover a fumble for a TD and rushed for 125 yds. on 12 carries. McMinn won the game 35-28? It propeled McMinn to a second place finish in the region and SD I believe did not qualify for the playoffs. Can McMinn do it again in 2004, that is beat SD as a big underdog? GO TRIBE!!!!

If coach Tom Weathers isn't inspirational, then no one is. Same with Doodle(the middle linebacker). If those guys aren't inspirational no one is. I play football with Doodle and he's probably the most motivated guys you'll ever meet. This week we noticed that if we look over people we'll get our butts handed to us. And thats what Heritage did. But ya'll can think what ya'll want. Keep thinking we're not inspired.

Tom Weathers is on his way to MVP of region 2-5a.

The talk of sloppy play the last 2 weeks.......4 interceptions-5-6 fumbles and missed coverage assignments and poor tackling. Also there was a confrontation between o-lineman last week. From the talk on the team there seems to be a lot of individualism coming to the surface, such as some players worrying about about individual stats and reading about themselves in the paper.

This week is your last chance to correct this. The leaders on this team need to step in and put an end to it.

Edited by fourseamer

Tom Weathers is on his way to MVP of region 2-5a.

The talk of sloppy play the last 2 weeks.......4 interceptions-5-6 fumbles and missed coverage assignments and poor tackling.  Also there was a confrontation between o-lineman last week.  From the talk on the team there seems to be a lot of individualism coming to the surface, such as some players worrying about about individual stats and reading about themselves in the paper. 

This week is your last chance to correct this.  The leaders on this team need to step in and put an end to it.

825371213[/snapback]

Your right....go ahead and count us out.

By the way, my brother is on the O-line and THERE WAS NOT a confrontation. I asked him about it once I read it earlier in the week.

Soddy will be ready to play Friday.

2 o-lineman were seperated by another o-lineman during the game. That's 3 o-lineman that knew about it. Apparently your brother is one of the other 2 that were not involved. I saw it fom the stands and it was talked about on the field after the game. Sorry.

Oh, and you mentioned reading about it earlier in the week. I guess that person didn't see it either.

I'm not counting anybody out, just saying they need to get their heads on straight or they will count themselves out.

Edited by fourseamer

Low blow parkdog, very low...you know i took that pretty hard. it also didnt help that gerald and co. got the poo beaten out of them. not a good weekend for me last week in the football world... this weekend, though, will be great, b/c the soddy daisy tackle football trojans will win again, and the bucks will have redemption vs. the badgers of Wisconsin. :angry:

Edited by krenzel