McMinn Co. -vs- Soddy Daisy

TribeFan

2 o-lineman were seperated by another o-lineman during the game.  That's 3 o-lineman that knew about it.  Apparently your brother is one of the other 2 that were not involved.  I saw it fom the stands and it was talked about on the field after the game.  Sorry.

Oh, and you mentioned reading about it earlier in the week.  I guess that person didn't see it either.

I'm not counting anybody out, just saying they need to get their heads on straight or they will count themselves out.

825371270[/snapback]

That was me that made the comment earlier in the week. i saw it and i heard about it after the game while i was on the field. it happened. i know some people wouldn't want to admit it cuz it makes the team look like they are self-destructing but really it just shows how intense these players are. they weren't having a good game so they let out a lil frustration. im sure all is right in SD land and things will be different this week!

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a response to various posts on this thread; the quote thing isn't working right.

Thank you, Krenzel; It's nice to see you on here every once in a while.

Hixson did stack 9 in the box at times, 9 guys that probably averaged 175 pounds between them. Heritage had 8 in the box because they were playing cover three with the deep safety playing 20 yards off the line of scrimmage. Nice strategy there. Then, after getting beat a few times, they moved a safety back and had only seven in the box. Only on one drive in that situation was Soddy able to run the ball.

I only bring this running business up because there must be balance on offense to be successful, and the lack of a running game against a team like Hixson demonstrates that the team was not playing well/hard etc.

I agree that both Doodle and Coach Weathers are inspired; however, teams don't win games with one player on the field playing his best, and the others playing like they don't care. It isn't a problem yet, because it hasn't caused a loss, but it should serve as a warning to the players.

As I have said all along, Soddy still wins this game.

It appears that I am the only one on this thread that gives McMinn a chance againist a good SD team. GO TRIBE!!!!

825371570[/snapback]

No your really not Tribe Fan. If we play as hard as we did against OR Soddy you have no chance. And its any ones game it doesnt matter how good you are. When we walk into that stadium its anyones game. That doesnt mean that we arent good because we are. We whipped you last year were ready to do it again. thumb I hope SD is ready to play cuz their gonna see how real football is played. ;)

Edited by vOlLeYbOlTrs24

Alright,I've read all the post on here and now here comes some reality...Sorry McMinn Fans but Mullinax is still gone..this is not the same Cherokee team of the past! Nor is this the same Soddy team from the past...Soddy is two platoon now with an outstanding passing game..YES thats right a passing game..as well as the running game..Yes they have had close calls the past couple of weeks..But Soddy will be ready.....Ofcourse McMinn has some athletes and what not but Soddy has them at every position..PLUS THEY have the Grand General of all High School football in chattown..Tom Weathers he has mad progress in leaps and bounds with this Trojan team

SD38

MCHS 17

825370347[/snapback]

It doesnt matter who the coach is. Coach Hutchins got us to the second round of the play offs. It doesnt matter who our coach is, its who does the better job coaching. Coach D is a good football coach its his first year as head coach as with Mullinax and Hutchins having experience. We have a chance at this game as well as the next ones. I just hope everyone is ready to see some real football because I know I am.

I realize that just because they win every other year doesn't mean they will this time, but it shows that Farragut has some work to do before they beat SD.

Ooltewah is good, but they had a shaky win over Central.  Central is absolutely terrible.  That doesn't bother me, but it just shows that they don't necessarily "dominate."  Against common opponents, SD is +11 over Ooltewah.  I don't think it means anything other than proving that Ooltewah doesn't "dominate" any more than Soddy does.

825368855[/snapback]

They didnt dominate last year did they? NO dont think so.