Are you impressed?

rcombs

if i remember correctly and i know i do since i played in the game and ive seen the video that in the blue cross bowl all we pretty much ran was the I. We knew that we could physically dismantle David Lipscomb b/c that arent physical they tried to finess everything and that dont work against a fast defense. 90% of the time last year when huntingdon was in the wing t donald was goin to get the ball. When they were in the I it was bell.. Thats just how it was... but now its a little different

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

o yea....and about which team is better....i have to say last years team was alot better.... They just had more talent over all and more depth in every position. When we played westview 2 weeks ago in the second half about half of our starters were gone and they just didnt have nebody to take there place, and plus this year the people handling the ball r really young and has caused some turnovers in some bad places.... i would say huntingdon probably didnt have over 10 turnovers all last year... there probably already at that is year..and 1 more thing....Huntingdon's offense scored 642 points in 14 games(plus the 6 points we scored against milan the 1st time but milan was a great team so that isnt nething to be ashamed about)....that is almost unreal

For all of you that went to the game and saw the battle, were you impressed by Camden's improvement or did you think "Same ol' Camden"?

825367533[/snapback]

Definitely not the same ole Camden!....Considering the average point margin of 31 in the last few years, Camden has come a long way...from what I understand after film review, the stangs got lucky that camden missed a few crucial blocks that allowed some big plays and also kept them from breaking some wide open...I guarantee Ward will not allow that to happen again when we meet in November!!....I for one can't wait!!...GO LIONS!

Definitely not the same ole Camden!....Considering the average point margin of 31 in the last few years, Camden has come a long way...from what I understand after film review, the stangs got lucky that camden missed a few crucial blocks that allowed some big plays and also kept them from breaking some wide open...I guarantee Ward will not allow that to happen again when we meet in November!!....I for one can't wait!!...GO LIONS!

825370270[/snapback]

Well, both teams had mistakes! Camden also had 2 opportunities inside the Huntingdon 20 that they couldn't get any points out of! But also Huntingdon had the ball at the 6 inch line and Camden came up with a great stop! All in all, Huntingdon was the better team that night, they just got the things done you have to do to win! It was a great game!

BTW, I didn't start this post for bashing anyone FYI.

that was a controversial 6 inches rcombs.. to me it looked like the QB was laying across the goalline when they got the pile of players off of him. but it doesn't matter anymore, it was a great game. things will be very interesting come week 13 and 14 assuming our teams are still in the race to the boro.

CBarkley.. I know you are an intelligent observer of football in Tennessee and you have had many good posts in the past, but will you please reply to my question to you earlier, which asked you, who from Huntingdon said they " want no part of Camden in the playoffs." Huntingdon acknowledges the resurgence of the Camden program but I haven't talked to anyone from Huntingdon this week who knew of anyone who might say such a statement.. Congratulations to the Lions.. They have a good club. Go Blue!

I have never known of a Huntingdon team that didn't want somebody. It is a shame to me that they were being praised and then they had one bad night, which everyone has, and now they are not considered the best of the four teams mentioned. As far as their offense being stopped, you could if it were just Boo or just Donald, or just Crocker, or just Hampton. Thats the problem. You have to deal with all their weapons. The only was to beat them is to beat their defense because you arent going to shut that down. Their defense will be ready come playoffs. They didnt get it together until after the Milan game last year, and look how that worked for them.

You are correct, sir. Huntingdon is kicking on all cylinders and are easily one of the best teams in AA. They will go far in the playoffs. They will face challenges probably again only from Westview and Camden in the playoffs. They have many tools in the toolbox, and don't forget they are still Kings of the AA Mountain until somebody knocks them off.

RCombs....no bashing was intended...I agree that mistakes were made on both sides of the ball and that huntingdon definitely executed much better than the younger, much less experienced, and very nervous Camden team....but I think now that this game is over, another meeting between these two could have a much different outcome.

RCombs....no bashing was intended...I agree that mistakes were made on both sides of the ball and that huntingdon definitely executed much better than the younger, much less experienced, and very nervous Camden team....but I think now that this game is over, another meeting between these two could have a much different outcome.

825371030[/snapback]

I'm not trying to nitpick, but Camden is very senior laden, so younger doesn't apply. Huntingdon starts a sophomore at QB, a sophomore at FB, a junior at TB/WB. 3 juniors in the defensive backfield. 2 junior linebackers. a sophomore DT...I could go on.

Mustang 69 theres a lot to feel uncomfortable about. Things are different this year from what they were last year. Things are more even this year. You don't have just two teams on top, you have many teams with the potential of being on top. Whenever you have so many good teams to contend with its natural to feel uncomfortable.  Being uncomfortable is not a bad thing. Don't get being uncomfortable and weakness mixed up.

825368527[/snapback]

I hope we do make it to the third round and I hope Camden is there waiting for us. I hope we get by Camden and Martin Westview is waiting in the fourth round. If Westview isn't there then hopefully it will be Milan. (If Milan beats us this Friday, then that could change, maybe I'd rather play the Bulldogs again in the 4th) That is what high school football is about. That is what the playoffs are about. That is what being called "champions" is about. If Huntingdon needs to feel uncomfortable it's about playing to the best of their abilities, not who their opponents will be. JMO.